• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Religion Pastor Shot During Church Service This Morning

In summary, a gunman opened fire in a church near my home this morning, killing the pastor and several other people. The gunman is in surgery now, with stab wounds.
crystalscookingnow
Gold Member
There was a shooting at a church about 45 minutes from my home this morning. This church is one that I attended during 1996. The senior pastor was shot & killed, others have stab wounds & are in surgery. The gunman is included in the group that has stab wounds. He's in surgery now in St. Louis.

This is the Pastor that was the worship leader while I attended the church & many of the members I know.

Please say a prayer for this family, church family & community.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/church_shooting

I saw this earlier. I never understand why this happens but know God knows and is in control. I pray that the man who did this will get the counseling he obviously needs so desperately!A dear Saint at our Church died on Friday. He was in his 80s. He had been married 57 years to his dear wife and was her caretaker. He told his son at Christmas this was his "last one" and wouldn't be here next year. He wrote out meticulous instructions on all his wife's care. He know he would be gone this year and wanted to be sure he left instructions for her.

I saw this earlier too. I will pray for all involved.

Oh wow - how awful. I've had the tv off so I had no idea. I will certainly pray for everyone involved.

How horrible! I've been gone all day, I'll have to go catch up on the news.

I just turned on the news and heard about this. I'll be praying.

It is sad, and scary, to know the enemy has no qualms about entering even a church. I pray a shield of protection around all involved, that there are no thoughts of retaliation, but only of forgiveness and seeking the Lord for comfort.

Oh, my...we live in such a crazy, fallen world! I pray that God's hand is over each person in that church and community. He will get them through this horrible tragedy! It amazes me, too...that such evil can happen inside of a church.

OMG...prayers for everyone involved and their families.

I pray for peace and comfort for all involved, and that the children are not scarred after such an ordeal.

What happened during the church service this morning?

A pastor was shot and injured during the church service this morning by an unknown assailant.

Is the pastor okay?

The pastor is currently in stable condition and receiving medical treatment. We ask for prayers for his full recovery.

Was anyone else hurt?

No one else was injured during the incident. The church members were able to quickly react and subdue the shooter.

Do we know who the shooter is?

The shooter's identity is still unknown. The police are currently investigating the incident and searching for the perpetrator.

Will there be any changes to future church services?

At this time, we are implementing additional security measures to ensure the safety of our congregation. We will also be providing counseling and support for those who may need it. We will continue to monitor the situation and make adjustments as needed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampchefsarah
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampered.chris
  • The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pcchefjane
Back