• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Fun Cinco De Mayo Show Ideas for Your Host - Get Inspired Now!

In summary, the expert recommends making the Strawberry Margarita dessert, borrowing ideas from others, and bringing a dessert if they raise $150 before the show begins.
hmolah
I have a host that wants to have one of these shows. I've really no idea what to make for this show. Well, I guess the only thing that does come to mind is the Touchdown Taco Dip - but that is it! I just wondered if anyone has done this theme in the past, and what have you made at your shows? I definitely want it to be fun, so I really need some ideas!

Thanks in advance!

Fajitas on the grill with grilling tools and outdoor plates, or in the grill pan?

The family sized burrito is really yummy and easy! If you could find a fun sombrero that would be cute for you or the host to wear! and poor man's margarita's are a definite hit! What a fun show! I have a May 6th show, and if I hadn't already suggested a Pink theme, I would have totally done this... oh well, it's not too late to book a May 5th one :)

Pink-O De Mayo!

I think I'm going to make the Strawberry Margarita dessert.. just need to find a recipe.

Any other suggestions would be great. Feel free to borrow the idea!

Pampered_Marcia said:
Pink-O De Mayo!

I think I'm going to make the Strawberry Margarita dessert.. just need to find a recipe.

Marcia that is too cute of an idea! I think I may have to "borrow" that from you!!! How fun will those invites be?!?!

My Cinco De Mayo host and I are making:

Southwest Tortatinis in the grill pan (search "tortatini" for a prev post w/how-to's)
Grilled Citrus-Basil Shrimp Skewers using her BBQ and the BBQ tools (since guys will be there to "man" the outdoor grill)
Guacomole Appetizers using the Tortilla cups from the new SB
Margarita's with the Quick Stir Pitcher (love the strawberry idea)
Dulce de Leche Bites from the new SB

OH MARCIA! I LOVE IT! I might mention that at my dirty party!

Thanks for the advice ladies! I actually found a bunch more recipe ideas at Joyce's Fine Cooking website.

I did wonder though, what kind of drink should I offer the host? Based on what I've read on previous posts, don't think I'm going to offer the alcohol option. The show is at 1pm on a Saturday, and I believe kids may be present. But I was thinking that a fun punch might be nice. I'm not sure. Maybe like a fake Margarita??

Thanks!

Pampered_Marcia said:
Pink-O De Mayo!

I think it's in the Delightful Desserts? Yummy, but Not a great demo, though because it needs to set up for quite awhile in frige.

At my show last night the ladies were all talking about Emeril having Jimmy Buffett on and making Ruby Red Margaritas. They said you can get the recipe on Food Network website.

Salsa with the salad choppers would be a good "B" recipe.

Paige Dixon said:
Salsa with the salad choppers would be a good "B" recipe.

OMG! :eek: What a great idea, and a great way to showcase the choppers!

Thanks for sharing!

Mexican salad pizza is a hit at my shows!

Fake/virgin margarritas are always a hit at cinco de mayo parties.

Doing a Cinco de Mayo party this year too! (Well, it's on the 4th, but still...) I'm making the Chicken Enchilada Ring and fresh salsa. The host is providing margaritas and chips. I've told the host that I'll bring a dessert if they get $150 in outside orders before the show. Any ideas for that one?

If you're just going to bring the dessert, not demo it, I'd for sure do the Strawberry Margarita dessert. Sooo good!

legacypc46 said:
My Cinco De Mayo host and I are making:

Southwest Tortatinis in the grill pan (search "tortatini" for a prev post w/how-to's)
Grilled Citrus-Basil Shrimp Skewers using her BBQ and the BBQ tools (since guys will be there to "man" the outdoor grill)
Guacomole Appetizers using the Tortilla cups from the new SB
Margarita's with the Quick Stir Pitcher (love the strawberry idea)
Dulce de Leche Bites from the new SB

Just had a host want to do the same theme at her party on the 5th. Are you doing all of these at her house? How much will you have done before the demo starts????

I am making the tortilla cups and dulce de leche bites ahead of time. (The cups are a little fragile, so I transport them in an empty rectangular chillzane, but have the flat/egg insert with me to show.)

When I get to her house, I will put the shrimp in a bowl with some basil oil and citrus-basil seasoning, but will later ask for volunteers to skewer them. (I really don't do any work for this item...but it gives me a great opportunity to show our great grill tools and pantry seasonings.)

For the tortatini's I prep most of the ingrediants ahead of time, but save a little of each to demo. Guests all assemble their own tortatini's. (I man the grill pan/grill press...and chat with each guest while theirs is cooking.)

The host is prepping all the drinks...though I'll comment on our cool drink mixer (aka quick stir pitcher).

This menu is more robust than normal, but I've known the host for awhile (and she will potentially have a very good turn out).

A great non alcoholic beverage would be lime aide in the quick-stir pitcher with slices of fresh limes and strawberrys.
An easy dessert would be the Mexican Chocolate Pie. You could do it in the DD Pie Plate or the Torte Pans.
I am making Chicken Enchilada Cups. I am using tortilla cups from the Mango Salsa Sundaes sprinkled with Southwest Seasoning instead of cinnamon and using the Chicken Enchilada Ring filling. I do this recipe in the Stoneware Muffin Pan.
This recipe has been a big hit before.

That menu sounds great too. I may switch out the dessert and make the Mexican Chocolate Pie instead.

Eight years in the business....that's inspiring!

Taco Salad layered in the Trifle Bowl.

Make sure it is a "PARTY" not a show...

Enchilada Ring (super simple for you - and your guests to make) complete with green pepper bowl for salsa.

Have a hands on demo that they can make their own salsa or gucamole!! Always a hit at my shows (uh parties)....

If you choose to do the demo yourself.... do it with a sombrero on your head :D or wear a poncho....

Fresh lemonade in the QSP is always a hit as well...

Cutting boards and knives set out with lemons & limes. Citrus press for some fresh squeezing.

Buy some of those festive tooth picks or little umbrellas for garnish - PARTY!!

Play some marriochi (sp?) music in the back ground as the guests arrive.

During the demo, instruct them to yell out Ole' when they have a question....everyone gets into this ... then throw them candy for their participation....

As you can tell - I get a little animated at my "PARTIES" and I DO get lots of bookings...why? .... they had fun!!!

Keep in mind Cinco de Mayo is a celebration of independence .... treat it as your biz independence and do it your way....

Have a blast...

Pampered_Marcia said:
Pink-O De Mayo!

I have done a couple Cinco De Mayo shows.
I have done the strawberry margarita squares, and it is not a good show recipe, but you could make it in advace and bring it with you. It's not a good recipe because it takes more refrigeration time then you can do at a show! But, it is soooooo darn good!!!!
It is in the Delightful Desserts cookbook like someone else mentioned.
A Good recipe would be the Taco Ring! Shows a ton of products and it's fun! It is in the All The Best Cookbook. If you don't have that cookbook and need the recipe, just let me know! I use to make this recipe like crazy when I first started! I sold a ton of lg round stones and cheese graters, knives, easy accent decorators, Choppers, And just about anything can be put into this recipe! It serves 16 too!
I'm a huge fan of the Mexican Chocolate Cake too!
The fast family fajitas that was one of our celebration recipes about 5 years ago, is another great one!
I'm sure I could come up with some more recipes and I'd better do just that, cause I have 2 shows scheduled right around that time!
Good luck!:D

Last edited:
I'm doing Margarita Grilled Shrimp.... *Pink* and Cinco-ish...
and i'm doing the Strawberry Bruschetta...i'll make the toast at home and bring it finished to save time and to save from heating the host's home up.
I may do this outside on the grill for some shows, other shows, I'll probably to in the Grill Pan. I just don't have the skewers..so i'll supply the disposible bamboo ones.

LOVE THE "Pink-O De Mayo"....SOOO CUTE!!!!

Anyone have the recipe for the enchilada ring and the mexican chocolate cake?? TIA

I am actually doing the show on the 5th... and is was a request to do Cinco de Mayo theme.. or atleast a dish.

Here you go, I'm doing this at my show too!

Chicken Enchilada Ring

2 C. coarsely chopped chicken
1/4 C. chopped pitted ripe olives
1 C. shredded Monterey Jack/Cheddar blend
1 can (4 oz.) chopped green chilies, undrained
1/2 C. mayonnaise
1 T. Southwestern Seasoning Mix
2 plum tomatoes
1 lime
2/3 cup finely crushed tortilla chips, divided
2 pkgs. crescent rolls
1 C. salsa
1 C. sour cream

Preheat oven to 375° F.
Mix chopped chicken, olives, cheese, green chilies, mayonnaise and seasoning mix in bowl. Seed and chop one tomato. Slice lime in half. Juice one half of lime to measure 1 t. of juice. Reserve remaining lime for garnish. Add chopped tomato and lime juice to chicken mixture. Reserve 2 T. crushed chips and add remaining chips to chicken mixture. Mix well.
Sprinkle reserved crushed chips over flat side of a large cutting board. Place dough onto chips and press down so chips adhere to dough.
Separate dough into triangles. Arrange triangles, chip side down, in a circle on a 13" baking stone. Wide ends should overlap in the center and points should be toward the outside. There should be a 5" diameter opening in the center.
Scoop chicken mixture onto the wide ends of the triangles. Bring points of the triangles up over filling and tuck under wide ends. Do not cover filling completely. It should show in between each triangle.
Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
For garnish, cut remaining tomato into 8 wedges. Cut remaining half of lime into 4 slices, cut in half. Arrange between openings of ring where filling is showing. Serve with salsa and sour cream.

Mexican Chocolate Cake

Categories: Cakes, Chocolate
Yield: 6 servings

12 oz Semi sweet chocolate. melted
4 Eggs separated (room-temperature)
3/4 c Sugar
1 c Mayonnaise (room-temperature)
3/4 c Ground almonds
1/4 c Flour
1/4 c Kahlua

Confectioners' Sugar

Line the bottom of a 9 inch springform pan with waxed paper. Lightly grease the waxed paper and side of pan. Melt the chocolate and cool to room temperature. In a large bowl, with mixer at high speed, beat the egg yolks. Gradually add sugar and beat until light about 4 minutes. Add mayonnaise and beat for 1 minute longer. Stir in the ground almonds and flour until blended. Stir in Kahlua. In a medium bowl, using clean beater, beat egg whites until stiff and fold into the batter. Pour mixture into the prepared pan. Bake at 350 for 55 min. or until firm.

Cool the cake in the pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove the side of the pan and cool the cake 30 minutes longer. Invert onto a wire rack and remove bottom of pan and waxed paper. Cool completely. Sprinkle with confectioner's sugar you might try using a geometric pattern made from paper to create an interesting design instead of the old doily trick.

Chef_Jeannie said:
Here you go, I'm doing this at my show too!

THank you very much... I hope your show goes well:)

Can you do the Mexican Chocolate cake in any other pan other than the springform? I Don't have that! Thanks! Lisa

What are some fun Cinco De Mayo show ideas for my host?

1. One idea is to have a taco bar where guests can build their own tacos with a variety of toppings and fillings such as shredded chicken, beef, or vegetarian options. You can also provide different types of salsa, guacamole, and other condiments to add even more flavor.

2. Another idea is to have a margarita tasting, where you can showcase different flavors of margaritas and teach your guests how to make them at home. You can also offer non-alcoholic versions for those who prefer not to drink.

3. A cooking demonstration featuring Mexican-inspired dishes is always a hit. You can teach your guests how to make traditional dishes such as enchiladas, tamales, or chiles rellenos. Make sure to provide recipe cards for your guests to take home.

4. A piñata is a classic and fun addition to any Cinco De Mayo party. You can fill it with treats and small prizes for your guests to enjoy. You can also have a competition to see who can break the piñata first.

5. Lastly, a salsa dancing lesson is a great way to get your guests up and moving. Hire a professional instructor to teach your guests some basic salsa moves and have fun dancing the night away!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefnene
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • gkpamperedchef
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Krista Burson
Replies