• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need Help - No Micro, Cinco De Mayo Theme

In summary, the host wants a cinco de mayo theme, but does not have a microwave. She would prefer it be a recipe with chicken. Any ideas and suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Do the Cool & Crunchy Chicken Taco Salad. It is easy (and relatively cheap) and it feeds a ton of people.
Jolie_Paradoxe
Gold Member
I have a host who wants a cinco de mayo theme. She wants mexican theme, and there is no microwave. She wants the cost to be small, but also wants to be able to feed 15-20 people!

She would prefer it be a recipe with chicken.

Any ideas and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Do the Cool & Crunchy Chicken Taco Salad...it's easy (and relatively cheap) and it feeds a ton of people (simple to throw in another bag of lettuce)! I usually do the chicken in the DCB, but you could also do it in the grill pan, or a skillet.

I have a large party this evening, and we are doing this recipe, along with Margaritas....the host wants to try out her new blender. :D

Jerk Nachos

Jerk Chicken Nachos but with the Chipotle Rub or Southwestern Seasoning if she doesn't want the combo Jamaican/Mexican. Cook the chicken in advance. For that many people (really, she has that many confirmed with some maybes? you know how this might play out) you might want to do some extra nachos. Or, do a quick and easy salsa to serve with extra chips. Remember that you're not the caterer so if she only wants to serve the demo recipe that's her choice but your ingredients shouldn't cost more than $15-20.

Hope it's a good show!

Patio Party Fajitas on the grill!

Cinco de Mayo? No Microwave? Why that's positively unAmerican!

For the nachos, just double the recipe and use both the round stone and the bar pan.

Okay - Patio Party Fajitas on the grill - how did I miss this recipe? Where do I find it? Please help - it sounds awesome.
thanks

Thanks everyone for the ideas! Been out of commission....I've had this funk for all of April, and then developed an infection and ulcer on my cornea! Having limited vision is taking all my fun computer time away! lol

We finally decided....Cool n Crunchy chicken tacos (THANK YOU Becky!), Mexican Chicken Lasagna....she wanted a different alcoholic drink, so we're going with Sangrias for the Cinco de Mayo theme (I didn't explain that it's actually a Spanish drink :D) and the Pink Panty for the HWC plug.

Dave....LOVED your insight! Made me giggle. Did you know that Mexico doesn't really celebrate the day as their independence day?

Jolie_Paradoxe said:
Did you know that Mexico doesn't really celebrate the day as their independence day?

That's true, but Mexico does have a Cinco de Mayo! Just like the UK has a Fourth of July!

Muah ha ha....love it....that they do.

I'm doing the Cool N Crunchy Chicken Tacos at a Cinco de Mayo party also! Along with the salsa and guacamole from the All The Best book.

But I just have to ask...what is the Pink Panty for the HWC plug??????

It's a drink recipe someone here on CS shared -

12 oz frozen pink lemonade
1 can water
2 pink or light red fruity wine coolers
1 bottle or can beer
3 shots vodka (I use about 1/2 of the lemonade can!)

Plunge all together in your Quick Stir Pitcher!

Most parties need at least 2 batches, sometimes 3! It's delicious!!

Does anyone have this recipe handy? Cool & Crunchy Chicken Taco Salad

Hi Becky - Just wondering how the recipe came out with the papaya substitute.

gcwjasper -

It's the new cool & crunchy tacos (season's best S/S 2010) recipe transformed into a salad.

Here's the original recipe:

The Pampered Chef ®
Cool & Crunchy Chicken Tacos
Recipe

12 hard yellow corn taco shells
1 small head romaine lettuce (about 2 cups/500 mL shredded)
1-2 limes, divided
1/2 cup (125 mL) mayonnaise
2 tsp (10 mL) ground cumin
1/4 tsp (1 mL) cayenne pepper (optional)
3 cups (750 mL) diced grilled chicken breasts
1/2 small jicama
1 small mango
1/2 cup (125 mL) loosely packed fresh cilantro
1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
1 avocado, peeled and sliced (optional)

Prepare taco shells according to package directions; set aside. Shred lettuce using Santoku Knife. Zest limes using Microplane® Adjustable Grater to measure 1 tsp (5 mL). Juice limes to measure 3 tbsp (45 mL). Place zest, 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the juice, mayonnaise, cumin and cayenne pepper, if desired, in Stainless (4-qt./4-L) Mixing Bowl; mix well. Spoon about 1/3 cup (75 mL) of the sauce into resealable plastic bag; twist to secure and set aside. Add chicken to remaining sauce; mix well using Classic Scraper.

Peel jicama and mango using Serrated Peeler. Slice jicama using Ultimate Mandoline fitted with v-shaped blade. Slice jicama and mango into 1/4-in. (6-mm) strips. Chop cilantro. Combine jicama, mango, cilantro, salt and remaining juice in Classic Batter Bowl; mix well.

Place lettuce into taco shells. Top evenly with chicken mixture, jicama mixture and avocado, if desired. Trim corner of sauce-filled bag; drizzle over tacos.

Yield: 6 servings

Nutrients per serving: (2 tacos): Calories 370, Total Fat 21 g, Saturated Fat 3.5 g, Cholesterol 55 mg, Carbohydrate 24 g, Protein 22 g, Sodium 350 mg, Fiber 3 g

Cook's Tip: To grill chicken in Grill Pan, season 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 6 oz/175 g each) with salt and coarsely ground black pepper. Heat pan over medium heat 5 minutes. Spray pan with vegetable oil. Cook chicken 7-10 minutes. Turn chicken over; cook 7-10 minutes or until Digital Pocket Thermometer registers 165°F (74°C) and juices run clear.

© 2009 The Pampered Chef used under license.

HTH

OMG, I had a wonderful Cinco de Mayo receipe I did for a work PotLuck. I used the receipe for The Quesadilla Cups with Nectarine Salsa, but I exchanged the nectarine for mango and change some of the spices around and it was a solid HIT.

-Mike

1. Can I still make traditional Mexican dishes without a microwave?

Yes, absolutely! Our products are designed to make cooking without a microwave easy and efficient. We have a variety of tools such as our stoneware, cookware, and grilling products that will help you create delicious Mexican dishes for your Cinco De Mayo celebration.

2. What Pampered Chef products do you recommend for a Cinco De Mayo themed party?

We have a wide range of products that would be perfect for a Cinco De Mayo themed party. Our top recommendations include our Manual Food Processor for making fresh salsa, our Taco Bar Set for easy taco assembly, and our Rockcrok Dutch Oven for cooking traditional Mexican stews and soups.

3. I'm not a confident cook, will your products be easy for me to use?

Yes, our products are designed to be user-friendly and make cooking as simple as possible. We also offer step-by-step recipes and cooking tips on our website and through our consultants to help you feel more confident in the kitchen.

4. Can your products be used on a grill for outdoor Cinco De Mayo festivities?

Definitely! Our products are versatile and can be used on a grill for outdoor cooking. Our Grill Basket, Grill Pan, and Grill Stone are all great options for grilling up your favorite Mexican dishes.

5. Are there any special deals or promotions for Cinco De Mayo?

Yes, we often run promotions and discounts for special occasions like Cinco De Mayo. Check our website or contact your consultant to see if there are any current deals available for your party needs.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefnene
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • pchefmartha
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
KayteTUrner
  • Chef Ritz