• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Celebrate Cinco de Mayo with a Taco Ring and More - Party Ideas and Inspiration

In summary, anyone planning a Cinco de Mayo show? Any suggestions? I'm thinking of having one myself. Taco Ring comes to mind (haven't done it in a couple of years). What else?
Ann F
Gold Member
Anyone planning a Cinco de Mayo show? Any suggestions? I'm thinking of having one myself. Taco Ring comes to mind (haven't done it in a couple of years). What else?

Thanks!:balloon:

I had a real gringo ask me, "When is Cinco de Mayo anyway?" Oh my stars... What a great idea for a theme show! I would serve fajitas. Produce is really cheap where I live so we do a lot of vegetable fajitas. I posted this in another thread, but here is my recipe:
veggie fajitas using marinated portabello mushroom as the meat alternative I use about 8 oz mushroom to 2 bell peppers and one onion sliced really thin. I would marinate mushrooms in a southwest blend something like this:
juice of one lime and zest
1 clove fresh pressed garlic
1/2 cup organic olive oil
2 tsp chipotle rub or southwestern

you could also serve a fresh salsa like mango or cantelope for a change of flavor.
Basic salsa
3 cups chopped fruit or tomato
1 medium chopped onion
1 jalepeno seeded and minced
juice and zest of one lime
1/2 cup minced cilantro
salt and pepper to taste
1 tsp oregano
1tsp ground cumin

You can use Chicken shrimp or beef in place of the mushroom and just rub some of the chipolte or southwest seasoning on them before you slice them thin or if you marinated them use the marinade recipe above.

Miss Chef used this recipe for a show so you could ask her how it went.

I'm doing one for a Hispanic lady on May 5th and she is really excited about doing it. I was a little nervous about doing one with ...well ... real Hispanics. She laughed and said, "If we feed them - thye don't care about anything".

We are making the Enchilada Ring (much better than the Taco Ring IMHO) because it usese lots of products and guests can easily manipulate all products. We are also making fresh Guacamole and Slap Your Mama Margaritas....

Sounds FUN to me....

She is decorating for Cinco de Mayo and inviting lots of her neighborhood. She is bilinguel and needs to earn some extra cash!! Hmmmmm....

She lives in a Hispanic community with NO consultant (Ding..Ding..Ding) I hope to turn this into HER introduction show....

I think we will have a great tinme!!!

Olah'

Thanks, ladies, for the suggestions. What's an enchilada ring? Is the recipe one I probably have in a file somewhere?

Any of the salsa recipes - the one that was in the catalog last year is yummy (the name is escaping me right now) or the Peach & Watermelon Salsa with Cayenne Chips (SB). You could do the Mexican Chocolate Cake or Mini Margarita Pies for dessert. I haven't tried either of the rings so I'm no help there.

Thanks for the veggie fajita recipe!! Yay! We have a cluster meeting so I won't be having a Cinco de Mayo (that's May fifth for anyone who was confused) show but I think I might make up a batch of those for me and my girls!It would be a great show to use the collapsible bowl in the collapsed position for chip and salsa. Also, making salsa with the food chooper would be a good demo.

I'll be doing a Quatro de Mayo party. I do not like the chicken enchilada ring at all. Looking for soething else

Recipe? What about Tortas? Mexican style sandwich.
Perhaps using the Pork Tenderloin in the DCB?We've been flavoring mayo with chipotle rub, as a sandwich spread. Very tasty!

The Green Chile Frittata from a few years ago is really tasty. It should be in the Theme Show Archive on CC.

Chef Stephanie Petersen said:
I had a real gringo ask me, "When is Cinco de Mayo anyway?" Oh my stars... What a great idea for a theme show! I would serve fajitas. Produce is really cheap where I live so we do a lot of vegetable fajitas. I posted this in another thread, but here is my recipe:
veggie fajitas using marinated portabello mushroom as the meat alternative I use about 8 oz mushroom to 2 bell peppers and one onion sliced really thin. I would marinate mushrooms in a southwest blend something like this:
juice of one lime and zest
1/2 cup organic olive oil

you could also serve a fresh salsa like mango or cantelope for a change of flavor.
Basic salsa
3 cups chopped fruit or tomato
1 medium chopped onion
1 jalepeno seeded and minced
juice and zest of one lime
1/2 cup minced cilantro
salt and pepper to taste
1 tsp oregano
1tsp ground cumin

You can use Chicken shrimp or beef in place of the mushroom and just rub some of the chipolte or southwest seasoning on them before you slice them thin or if you marinated them use the marinade recipe above.

Miss Chef used this recipe for a show so you could ask her how it went.
Sorry Stephanie, this is the first time I saw this thread!! OMG! They were very good! Loved it! The lime and cilantro, oh yummy!

The part about "when is Cinco de Mayo?" had me ROTFL! Too funny! People just don't use their head! Even if you don't know spanish, (I took 3 years and got straight A's and my childhood best friend's family is from Guatemala, but I am very, very rusty!), there are some basics that I figured most people could put together, especially Cinco de Mayo, because it is talked about on the news EVERY year, that's almost like asking when Christmas is? Not that Cinco de Mayo is near as important as the Saviors Birth, but it is the same date every year and it is talked about often!
Too funny!
I have done many Cinco de Mayo shows, and they are always a blast! Play Mexican music and buy some cheap sombreros (sp?---- I've been out of school for almost 20 years!!) and I serve Taco Ring and Mexican Chocolate Cake. Making homemade salsa and chips is a hit also!
PC has some really great recipes for this theme!
Good Luck!

the Beef Enchilada casserole is awesome, in the 29 Minutes to Dinner, That's what I'm making for Cinco de Mayo

I just did one today! And we had a great time. I made the chicken enchilada wreath, the salsa from the old catty, and the host made the strawberry margarita squares and sopapilla cheesecake. Everyone raved about the food and though there were only 5 guest there, all of them booked shows!

What is Cinco De Mayo?

Cinco De Mayo is a holiday that celebrates the victory of the Mexican army over the French at the Battle of Puebla on May 5, 1862. It is often mistakenly thought to be Mexico's Independence Day, but that is actually celebrated on September 16th.

How do people celebrate Cinco De Mayo?

Cinco De Mayo is often celebrated with parades, music, traditional dances, and delicious Mexican food. Many people also enjoy margaritas and other festive drinks on this holiday.

What are some traditional dishes for Cinco De Mayo?

Some traditional dishes for Cinco De Mayo include tacos, enchiladas, tamales, and guacamole. Other popular dishes are carne asada, chiles rellenos, and pozole.

Is Cinco De Mayo only celebrated in Mexico?

No, Cinco De Mayo is celebrated in many countries, including the United States. It has become a popular holiday in the US, especially in areas with large Mexican-American populations.

Are there any specific Pampered Chef products that can help with Cinco De Mayo celebrations?

Yes, Pampered Chef offers a variety of products that can help with Cinco De Mayo celebrations. Some popular choices include our manual food choppers for making fresh salsa, our taco rack for perfectly crispy tacos, and our margarita maker for delicious drinks. You can also check out our Cinco De Mayo recipe collection for more ideas!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefnene
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • gkpamperedchef
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Krista Burson
  • Jolie_Paradoxe