• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Full Hands-On Cooking Show: Jerk Chicken Salad and Interactive Stations

In summary, the host is having a show on Thursday, and she is doing a hands on show. Guests will prepare food at different stations and then eat together. The show is priced at $800 and the host has already prepared most of the food.
ChefNic
A friend of mine is having a show Thursday (4/26) this is her 3rd show with me in the past 2 years. She wanted something different, so we are doing a full hands on show.
We are making the Jerk Chicken Salad...I am going to have stations set up around her kitchen...and at each station one or two people will prepare the food at that station...I'll have cards made up with a list of the products, and instructions on what to do.
I'll have the 8-QT Stainless Bowl in a center location...for them to put their finished food into when they are done.

Then when the whole thing is done, they can sit, and eat...and I'll have everyone talk about what product they used. I'm sure I'll have somethings to add!!! :D

I'll have the pasta already done, and in the Stainless Bowl. I'll have the veggies, and limes washed, etc...I'll walk around and help when someone has questions...

Let me know if any of you have done something like this, and if you have any suggestions...!!! I don't want the guests to think..."Boy...she's making us to all the work!!" But this is what the hosts wants!!

I'll try to post the Word Document that I have been working on with the instructions etc...

Let me know what you think!...anything I haven't thought of?? How do you think this would go over???
Thanks!!

Attachments

• HANDS ON Jerk Chicken Salad.doc
    22.5 KB · Views: 398
I think that sounds great! I did something similar at a show in March. It was a co-ed show & we didn't think the males would want to sit through a regular show. So I had half the room do a taco ring & the other group finish the peanutty brownie pizza. I had typed up directions too. The show was around $800 & I got three bookings. Everyone seemed a little skeptical at first, but really got into it!

I would play it up as they get to try the products out themselves instead of the fact that they are making the food.

sounds like a really good idea... i was thinking of doing something like that at my may 19th show .... depending on how many people come,

Sounds like a great idea and a good twist to the traditional show. I may have to try that sometime!!

i think this would also be nice to offer as a theme show if you do a pre-prepped show as your standard--give people the option to cook if they want.

Great idea!! I'm going to try this at my next show!! Thanks for the info!

Great plan!! Thanks for sharing!

I think you have a great idea. I am finding that my "repeat" hosts and their "repeat guests" want something different. My bookings are increasing again now that I am offering something different to them. Getting up and moving instead of sitting and listening to a demo that you've heard time after time gets so boring. I think your sales should be a lot better. I had a show where I had the guests rotate around hands on stations, and they loved it. I am sure that I would not have sold any APSC if they weren't able to try it first. Good Luck to you!

If you wanted to add a little competition to it...you could do that. Make a race out of it.

I had my show...
The host said everything was very well organized...I thought so too! The stations were perfect!
But after the food prep, it seemed chaotic...

Once the food was finished, I wanted them to eat and give everyone a chance to talk about the products they used...
Instead, they all ate and chatted , even though I was saying ..."All right, can you share what products YOU used...The Santoku right? Did you like that?" ...
I'd get an answer, but then the rest of the room wasn't really paying attention...
Their were a lot of kids running in and out of the room(there were 6 kids plus the host's she has 3 but only one was young enough to come running)... It was just not a good group.

I wish you all much better luck...

I got no bookings...although several of the guests either already recently hosted with me...and one already has a show booked ,from past host, for June...So out of 8 people, only two were new faces...

1. What is a "Full "Hands On" Show"?

A "Full "Hands On" Show" is a cooking demonstration event hosted by a Pampered Chef consultant. It allows guests to try out a variety of products and recipes while learning tips and techniques for using them.

2. What types of recipes are typically demonstrated at a "Full "Hands On" Show"?

The recipes demonstrated at a "Full "Hands On" Show" vary depending on the theme of the event. Some common themes include appetizers, main courses, desserts, and holiday dishes. The consultant will typically choose recipes that showcase a variety of Pampered Chef products.

3. How long does a "Full "Hands On" Show" usually last?

The length of a "Full "Hands On" Show" can vary, but they typically last between 2-3 hours. This allows time for guests to socialize, try out products, and enjoy the food being prepared.

4. Are guests required to purchase anything at a "Full "Hands On" Show"?

There is no obligation for guests to purchase anything at a "Full "Hands On" Show". However, they may choose to purchase any products or recipes that they enjoyed during the event.

5. Can I host a "Full "Hands On" Show" in my own home?

Yes, you can absolutely host a "Full "Hands On" Show" in your own home. This is a great way to earn free and discounted products, as well as have a fun and educational event with your friends and family.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
JD Gray
  • Shelbi
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
Replies