• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Frustration With Gift Certificates

In summary, the customer is frustrated with the policy of not allowing guest to use gift certificates for purchases other than those for which they are not being paid a commission. The customer suggests that PC update their policy to allow guest to use gift certificates for purchases other than those for which they are not being paid a commission, and to
Brandie
Has anyone else had difficulty with gift certificates because of the redemption policy? I understand that consultants can't make the commission twice, so we can't be paid when they buy the GC and then again when they order merchandise, but I have a customer whose husband purchased a GC for her for Christmas, and she's like to use it to pay for the items she buys at the show she's hosting at the end of January. It is very frustrating for her to be told she can't do that, and for me to tell her she can't. It seems to me that she ought to be able to at least use it on the items for which I am not being paid a commission (50% off and host specials), since that wouldn't result in a double-dipped commission for me.

I guess I'm just venting a little bit, but our GC policy just doesn't seem very consultant-friendly since it doesn't encourage guests to attend or host a show in order to redeem them. :(

PC Gift Certificates
Brandie said:
It seems to me that she ought to be able to at least use it on the items for which I am not being paid a commission (50% off and host specials), since that wouldn't result in a double-dipped commission for me.
I think you should send this in as a suggestion to PC! It makes perfect sense to me and maybe they haven't thought of that (letting gift certificates be used for host non-commissionable specials).

For this very reason, I am going to start offering gift certificates redeemable only through me.

someone said.......someone said you can take the GC, then cover the amount yourself - but then how do you redem it through HM? Is there name on the GC? - I did this for my After Christmas Sale, however I'm unsure what to do with it once he gives it me??

Maybe if they update PP again sometime soon, they'll add an operation where you can enter GCs and it won't count for commissionable sales (like the host benefits). They could put it under "payment" as "Gift Certificate" or something. Though I've not dealt with GCs yet, seems silly that a company based on its Kitchen Shows wouldn't want to draw more people to them. You'd think they would want people who are redeeming GCs to buy more and statistically, people buy more at shows then they do just looking online at some products.

Last edited:
This is what I do
cwcollins said:
someone said you can take the GC, then cover the amount yourself - but then how do you redem it through HM? Is there name on the GC? - I did this for my After Christmas Sale, however I'm unsure what to do with it once he gives it me??

I take the GC from the customer and cover the cost of the GC myself (as a cash payment in PP). I then used the GC to purchase items for myself and/or gifts with the delivery address as my home. I did not have any problems.

Can you use your discount?If we redeem the GCs ourselves, can we use our discount? The GC is question is for $75, and I really don't have the need for that much stuff, but if that's what I need to do to make this host happy, I will (she hosts two-three shows a year, and they are always good). But I would like to be able to buy supplies or personal stuff at my discount.

Thanks so much! It just seems like this is an awful lot of runaround for me and the customer. She has now asked me if her husband can get a refund for the GC so that she can just use the cash. Does anyone know if that is possible?

I think the GC is a pain in the neck. I bought several for family memberrs from a fundraiser before I became a consultant. I tried calling the PC phone number on the certificate many times before I actually talked with a real person.

Then the total was wrong, and PC sent me a 20 cents certificate back. I paid by cc so they could have adjusted the amount that way; plus they paid 37 cents to mail it to me. I can't use it for anything I order because certificates have to be redeemed separately. My mother never received her credit certificate at all. I called and emailed the HO to no avail.

Also,the certificates says they are non-transferable, and they came with names printed on them. The GC are treated like outside orders so the postage is much higher, too.

1. How do I redeem my gift certificate?

You can redeem your gift certificate by entering the unique code at checkout on our website or by presenting it to your Pampered Chef consultant at a party or event.

2. Can I use my gift certificate for online purchases only?

No, you can also use your gift certificate for purchases made in-person at a Pampered Chef party or event.

3. What happens if I lose my gift certificate?

If you lose your gift certificate, please contact our customer service team for assistance. They may be able to provide you with a replacement code.

4. Can I combine multiple gift certificates for one purchase?

Yes, you can combine multiple gift certificates for one purchase. Simply enter each unique code at checkout or present them to your consultant at a party or event.

5. Is there an expiration date for gift certificates?

Yes, gift certificates do have an expiration date. Please check the terms and conditions of your specific gift certificate for the expiration date.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Brandie
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • Melissa78
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
debmiz
  • Brandie