• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Frustrated Host's Story: Struggling to Close a Show

In summary, the conversation discusses a host who was problematic to work with, and the difficulties that the author had in trying to get the show delivered.
jdavis
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, ok I still don't feel better. I want to strangle that host. It has been a month and NOW she calls me back. Her show was delivered on the 13th of JUNE! Before I even got the show closed, (I ended up adding to it just to make it a show!) I had tried to call her to get it closed and her phone was d/c, (that should have been my warning to have the show shipped to me I guess) I went by her house and left a note, ended up calling her mom just to get ahold of her, to tell her that it had shipped. I told her when it would be there and stopped by her house several times and no answer one time there was even a car out front, windows down and still no answer, I swear this was the LAZIEST person that I have met. I called her mom again because my stuff was in the order also and she finally called me back a week later and said she didn't have the order, (her address is screwed up, it's not really a street, more like an alley) I told her that it says that it was delivered on the porch and to check all around her house then call me back that night or leave a message the next day wether or not it was there, that was 3 freaking weeks ago, since then I have gotten a call from the host that she booked off of asking about it and I told her the story. I talked to her mom again and she said her phone was back on but she couldn't call out of town, so I have tried to call and I either get no answer or she's not there, again AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! She FINALLY called me again today and said she couldn't find it and I called UPS and they said call PC and PC said they would find out and call me back. Oh yeah, I forgot when she called TODAY she told me that she had problems with stuff before being delivered to ANOTHER TOWN since her house is screwed up, WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME BEFORE??? I wanted to scream. I could have had it shipped to my house and had no problem with it. I will NEVER do a show for this woman again, her Mom said she wants to do a catlog show, and she seems very nice and all, but I don't know if I even want to follow up if she may be anything like her daughter.

So sorry to here about this. I hope it gets resolved for you in a positive way. I've never hear of this. If you want the booking I would follow up, but maybe have it delivered to your house if it seems like there will be another problem. But if mom has been talking with you, I'd say she is not her daughter. Go with your gut. Your gut is always right. Good Luck.

So trueMaybe she's just like her father ;) ! Mom seems to be a little more responsible. You never know. Be sure to ask the mother if she has had problems with deliveries to her home in the past and make sure you have her address correct.

I'm with you on blacklisting the host, but I would take a chance on the mom. You never know what kinds of contacts you could get from her Catalog Show.

Hang in there!!

Oh wow, what a mess! Hopefully this is the ONLY host like this you'll ever run across. I hope something positive comes out of it!! Like that catalog show...hopefully the mom isn't as big of a lazy#$$ as her daughter. Or who knows, maybe that daughter has some personal issues going on or something. It would have been nice if she kept you in the loop, though!

Well since I live in a small town and the town she lives in is even smaller I have heard from others that she is normally very lazy, wish I would have known before, and a few other things. Really wish the host of the show she booked off of would have warned me in advance about her, since she is a friend of my mother's and I have known her for about 4-5 years now.

I have not had a hostess quite that bad, but I just had one that threw away all of the reciepts that I had sent her, and then email me 3 weeks after her delivery because she couldn't figure out how to sort the orders. Then her sister had a show last week and she forgot to come. She won't be on my list to call back next year.

1. How can I increase attendance at my Pampered Chef show?

There are a few ways to increase attendance at your show. First, make sure to personally invite people and follow up with reminders. You can also offer incentives for guests to bring a friend, such as a free product or discount. Utilize social media to promote your show and create buzz. Lastly, be sure to have delicious food and fun activities planned to entice guests to attend.

2. What if my guests are not making purchases at my Pampered Chef show?

If your guests are not making purchases, it could be due to a few reasons. First, make sure to have a variety of products displayed and offer samples for guests to try. Also, be sure to explain the benefits and uses of each product to entice guests to make a purchase. If guests are hesitant, consider offering a special promotion or discount for those who make a purchase at the show.

3. How can I close a Pampered Chef show successfully?

To successfully close a show, it's important to have a clear goal in mind and communicate it to your guests. Offer an incentive for guests to book their own show, such as a free product or discount. Be sure to follow up with guests after the show and provide exceptional customer service to encourage repeat business.

4. What if I'm struggling to find new hosts for Pampered Chef shows?

If you're having trouble finding new hosts, try reaching out to your current network and asking for referrals. You can also utilize social media to expand your reach and find potential hosts. Offer incentives for hosts, such as free products or discounts, to encourage them to book a show. Lastly, make sure to provide exceptional service and a fun, memorable experience for your hosts and their guests.

5. How can I make my Pampered Chef show more engaging and entertaining?

To make your show more engaging and entertaining, consider adding fun activities or games related to the products. You can also offer cooking demonstrations or allow guests to participate in preparing a dish. Encourage interaction and conversation among guests, and be sure to have a positive and energetic attitude throughout the show.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
  • chef131doreen
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Bren706
Replies