• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Friend's Mints Stuck...any Suggestions?

In summary, her family insists she has made mints before, but the mints are stuck in the molds. Debbie tried the freezer and the microwave, and I could hear pounding of the mint molds in the background. Debbie told me if I lived close to her I would brave the snowy weather just to walk to her house to watch the 'show'. Any suggestions for her?
byrd1956
Gold Member
I just got a call from a friend. She is making mints that her family insists she has made before. (of course she has not..) The mints are stuck in the molds. I asked her if she put butter in the mold before pouring the mixture in and she asked "now, why would I do that?" She tried the freezer and the microwave and I could hear pounding of the mint molds in the background. I told her if I lived close to her I would brave the snowy weather just to walk to her house to watch the 'show'. :D Any suggestions for her?

????
byrd1956 said:
I just got a call from a friend. She is making mints that her family insists she has made before. (of course she has not..) The mints are stuck in the molds. I asked her if she put butter in the mold before pouring the mixture in and she asked "now, why would I do that?" She tried the freezer and the microwave and I could hear pounding of the mint molds in the background. I told her if I lived close to her I would brave the snowy weather just to walk to her house to watch the 'show'. :D Any suggestions for her?

Molds???

Debbie :D

Are these cream cheese mints or some other type?

She said the recipe is just powdered sugar, Eagle brand, and butter. Maybe in 24 hours they will firm up??:p

I make mints with cream cheese and Powder Sugar....if you do not get enough powder surgar in them they will not setup. It has to be a real stiff batter/mixture then I roll in reg. sugar press into mold then they pop right out of the mold. So maybe she didn't use enough powder surgar!

I was going to suggest the rolling in granulated sugar step. I make cream cheese mints. but she said she can "hear the molds being pounded" the molds I use are rubbery and flexible. She might have a hard time if she's using the sucker or chocolate molds.

I use the cream cheese, powdered sugar and flavoring too
I roll them in sugar first them put them in the little flexible molds
Tell her to tie a bow on the molds and "gift them that way.
I bet she is using the molds for the wiltons melts they are a different material not sure if they will ever release :(

You know, I have to laugh because I read your heading wrong.

I thought it said "My friends mints Suck .. any suggestions" LOL

OK, I am sorry!

Any luck yet with the "stuck" mints

vwpamperedchef said:
You know, I have to laugh because I read your heading wrong.

I thought it said "My friends mints Suck .. any suggestions" LOL

OK, I am sorry!

I did too! :blushing:

Thanks all! I just talked to her and she had not put sugar on them before putting into the molds. ;) Hope she brings samples to school tomorrow...I'll let you know if they suck!:D

Related to Friend's Mints Stuck...any Suggestions?

1. What can I do if my friend's mints are stuck together?

One solution is to place the mints in the freezer for a few minutes to harden them. Then, gently break them apart with a knife or your hands.

2. How can I prevent my friend's mints from sticking together?

To prevent mints from sticking together, make sure they are completely dry before storing them. You can also place a small piece of wax paper between each layer of mints in the container.

3. Can I use a hairdryer to separate the mints?

No, using a hairdryer can melt the mints and make them stick together even more. It is best to use the freezer method mentioned above.

4. Will the frozen mints still taste the same?

Yes, freezing the mints will not affect their taste. Just make sure to let them thaw at room temperature before consuming.

5. Can I use oil or butter to separate the mints?

No, using oil or butter can make the mints greasy and change their texture. Stick to using the freezer method or breaking them apart with your hands.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• vwpamperedchef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Pamela Davis
  • KrisGio
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • babywings76