• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Creative Food Ideas for a Wedding Shower with Limited Kitchen Space

In summary, the mother wants a light demonstration with dips and crackers, and the bride is not interested in using any of the tools.
Bpratt
Need any suggestions.....

I have a wedding shower in May. The mother is hosting this for her daughter and is also having a friend do tastefully simple alon with PC. The guest list is already at 47! I am super excited, and I meet with the Mother tomorrow to discuss the shower. I would like to suggest that we have the soon to be bride use some of the tools in a demonstration but the mother said she wanted it to be light (dips and crackers), and it is being held in a gymnasuim type building with no oven or stove. Any suggestions???

I love the Garden Dip in all the best cookbook. No cooking required. Let me know if you don't have the cookbook and can send you the recipe.

I've also done the Savory Sandwich ring at a shower -- just cook the bread ahead of time and bring it with you. Also in All The Best.

I recently purchased a portable burner from K-mart. Think it was only $15. Nice to have when host want to do the show in the living room so you don't have to run back and forth--FYI---the cord is very short.

Last edited:
Do a no bake dessert - (Pineapple Torte or double chocolate mousse cups)

If the TS lady is going to be doing the dips and stuff, I wouldn't do one. I'd do something different like a salad of some kind (Satay Chicken Pasta Salad? has nuts though), or like Scott mentioned and do a no bake dessert. I would check with the mom though, because they may already be doing cake and she may not want you to do a dessert.

Ihave a friend who is a TS person, and we co-ordinate, showing her stuff in my SA bowls and now you could do the new bamboo, etc. Use their pound cake and make a trifle--I use theirs all the time. They have this vidalia salad dressing that is good enough to drink, we love it--do a big salad with her dressing, our SA bowl or the collapsible bowls? It's very do-able, and you can work together with the TS person, helping you both.

I would as the mom what her goal is for the shower. Is the goal for the daughter to outfit her kitchen with tools? I would be a little concerned with the TS displaying/doing the dips. People only have so much money they are going to spend at one event.

To be honest, I love doing TS/PC shows. The 2 I've done recently my shows were $400 & $500 so no complaints from me. I just brought my SA, Bamboo, etc. to display all the TS stuff and didn't cook at all. It was a win win for me. I will be doing more in the future. I took about 30mins of time before hand to go over what the TS person was doing and sat with the catalog in front of me when we talked. Now it won't take as long since I've done it before.

I would love to get a copy of those recipes!! Thanks

I think it's neat to combine TS with PC, but a thought I have is what is the purpose really of the TS doing a bridal show? Are guests encouraged to buy stuff for the bride or give the benefits to the bride based on their purchases? I guess I think giving a bride tools to use in the kitchen is more appropriate than food, right? :confused: I would think have TS there would be viewed more for the "catering" aspect of the shower, but that's just what my impression would be going to a shower with a TS rep there.

Not to be a downer, but it sounds like the Mother is "using" the two of you to provide her refreshments. An easy catering service, so to speak. How well do you know this hostess. I have been to a TS party given by a PC consultant. She told her benefits were very minimal compared with what our hostess' earn with PC. It was just a trade that she honored with the TS consultant. Their shipping charges are based on the amount of the products, and much more than our rates for a hostess based S/H. I liked the ideas of you bringing our products to show off the samples but at the party I attended, she used all disposable mini containers for her samples that got passed around, and then tossed.

What I do is use the new bamboo cracker tray and bowls. The bowls fit one of TS's sample cups in it so there isn't much cleaning! :) Also, one of the TS consultants I work with has 24 of her own PC outdoor party plates that she uses at home so she brought those and they are great to hold the person's cup of drink, plus put what they are sampling on it. As the TS consultant talked about a product I would put it on their plate. Then I would talk about what it was being served it. The people got to see the product up close as I went by. But I've also used the TS plates so thats no biggie either.

I can see how people may see the shower as a 'catering' service per say. I guess I didn't think of it that way and maybe TS is just going try and stock the bride's pantry. I agree though- our rewards are better than theirs! LOL Even some TS consultants I've talked to agree!

I just did a PC Bridal Shower and made the Mandarin Chicken Pasta Salad. It's an old Celebrations (theme show) recipe. I cut my demo WAYYYY down and just featured tools that were on the bride's list as I made the salad. Everyone seemed to enjoy it. Other than the salad, they had crackers and cheese, mixed nuts, and then dessert.

1. What is "Food or No Food"?

"Food or No Food" is a fun and interactive game that tests your knowledge of common kitchen items. It consists of a set of cards with pictures of various items, and players must guess whether the item is considered food or not.

2. How many players can participate in "Food or No Food"?

The game can be played with 2 or more players, making it a great choice for parties or family game nights.

3. What age range is "Food or No Food" suitable for?

"Food or No Food" is recommended for ages 8 and up. However, younger children can also participate with the help of an adult.

4. Is "Food or No Food" only for people who enjoy cooking?

No, the game is designed for anyone who wants to test their knowledge of common kitchen items. It's a great way to learn about different tools and utensils used in the kitchen.

5. Can "Food or No Food" be played in different languages?

Yes, the game includes instructions in multiple languages and can be played in various languages as long as players can understand the concept of food and non-food items.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• smspamperedchef
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
kcjodih
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • Karen
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies