• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Fly or Drive: A Poll for Disneyland Vacation - Save Time and Money!

you can always purchase travel insurance! $160 is an amazing deal, especially with gas prices going up. I found the airfare on Google flights and it was for Delta Airlines.

Would you drive or fly

• Drive

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Fly

Votes: 16 94.1%

• Total voters
Jennie4PC
I am taking a poll to see what everone else would do
My family will be going to Disneyland in Oct and we found some flights for 160 round trip. We are debating on weather we sould fly or drive.
The benefits to driving is we have a car for when we want to go to the beach.

The benefits to flying is it is 2 hrs instead of 11 1/2 hrs and we are not putting all that mileage on the car. We will save about $200 if we drive

Don't forget the cost of gas!!! I would fly!!!!!

I need to convince DH about flying it will cost about 640 to fly and if I estimated correctly it would be about 450 to drive.

I'd still fly...you'd be saving about 1 day of your vacation! If you drove, you'd be missing one whole day (granted seeing parts of the country as you drive).

I am antsy, so a car ride longer then 3 hours isnt for me!

I'd personally would fly - after driving to South Dakota last year from Illinois with 3 kids (although they did great - it was exhausting!) - we had no choice in the matter since we were going many places throughout the state. I'd rather focus my energy on having extra time in California where you can relax and not have to unwind from a long car trip.

Last edited:
Fly, Fly, Fly. $160 is so good right now, especially with gas prices going up. They aren't going to go down anytime soon. Where did you find $160 airfare? Also will you be flying into Anahiem or LA? We are looking to go in the fall also.

Did you include any food stops into your calculation of driving, or just gas? When DH & I went on our cruise, we contemplated driving to Miami, but then realized the few $$ we would save on gas over airfare would go to food and snacks for the trip.

Not to mention, do you want to be in the car with the kids that long?

There is NOTHING else near Disneyland/California Adventure except Downtown Disney. So if you want to anything outside of Anaheim, you'll need a car.

Actually, that is not true, Knotts Berry Farm is close, and a cab or bus wouldn;t be bad at all--most of the hotels have free shuttles. Whatever you do, if you get a car or not, don't park at the big D. We have annual passes and parking is now $11 a day. Stay at a hotel that shuttles you or is across the street. Email me if you need help--I live 10 min. away and we go all the time (matter of fact we did mother's day there yeterday--so fun!).

we did not include the food. We plan on going to seaworld but we can get tansportation with the tickets when we purchase them. The biggest thing we want to do is go to the beach. And spend a little bit of time there. We are looking at 2 hotels which is right across the street from the entrance.
As for the cheap tickets we googled chep flights and the tickets are for delta air lines. I also went to priceline and I may be able to get a little cheaper but my concern is what happens if the airline I pick goes under since we wont be going for awhile.

Jennie -
I have been a travel agent for the past 14 years (I'm not trying to sell myself) and I have been to Disneyland (California) and it's wonderful but would suggest flying. If you are worried about the airline going "under" purchase travel insurance. If you were flying a smaller less known airline then you might have reason for concern but I"m pretty confident in saying if you fly with Delta you'll be fine but I do highly recommend travel insurance. Travel Insurance: Travel Guard - Trip, Medical/Health & Accident Coverage and choose "protect n assist" - the kids will be free! Have a great time.

I will defenitly do travlers insurance my family did not do it when they went to cancun and because they were told wrong info. they were able to go later but they almost lost out on all that money.

I don't know about you, but my vacation time is precious! I voted fly because anything longer than about 5 hours in a car just is not enjoyable. You will lose 19+ hours of your time at your vacation spot by driving. Plus you'll probably be exhausted. Not to mention you'd get there either late at night or early in the AM & want to rest after you get there.

Especially at $160, I would fly! :)

Don't forget about the option of renting a car, too. If you just want to go to the beach, it shouldn't cost too much to rent a car for a day. Plus, I'm sure you can get some kind of discount through AAA, your credit card or some other source if you search around. I'm always getting Hertz "coupons" with my credit card statemets (but of course I don't have one handy now).

Just a quick search on Hertz's website for October shows a Ford Focus or similar is $42.99/day. Enterprise is quoting around $28.00/day.

Fly! Rent a car to go to the beach if you want.

When we go to Disneyland I always get my hotel and tickets through Getawaytoday.com you get the tickets included w/your hotel and you save a ton of money. Everyone I tell about it they always check out other places and they end up going with getawaytoday.com because they always turn out cheaper, check it out. You can also get Sea world on there to.

I did look into get away today and decided not to go through them because they didnt give me correct info. They told me that disneyland didnt do a meal plan and that they dont come out with any other discounts after April. But disneyland does do a dining plan and they do little specials every quarter. And they will honor that code for you if you have tickets. But I really appreciate the info.

Related to Fly or Drive: A Poll for Disneyland Vacation - Save Time and Money!

1. Should I fly or drive to my Pampered Chef conference?

It ultimately depends on your personal preference and circumstances. If you have a fear of flying or a long distance to travel, driving may be a better option. However, flying can save time and energy, especially if you have a busy schedule.

2. How do I decide between flying and driving?

Consider factors such as the distance of your trip, the cost of gas and airfare, and the time it will take to get to your destination. Also, think about any potential delays or layovers if you choose to fly.

3. Can I bring my Pampered Chef products with me if I fly?

As long as they comply with TSA regulations, you can bring your Pampered Chef products with you on a flight. This includes non-liquid items such as knives and small appliances. However, it's always best to check with the airline beforehand to avoid any issues.

4. Is there a certain airline I should use for my Pampered Chef trip?

While we do not have a specific airline we recommend, it's always a good idea to compare prices and read reviews before booking your flight. You may also want to consider any loyalty programs or benefits that certain airlines offer.

5. Can I get reimbursed for my travel expenses?

If you are attending a Pampered Chef conference or event as a consultant, you may be eligible for reimbursement for your travel expenses. Please refer to your consultant agreement or contact your team leader for more information.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PampMomof3
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • kcmckay
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • angmillar