• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Fixing a Cracked Wooden Rolling Pin: Tips and Tricks for Restoration

In summary, to determine if a wooden rolling pin is cracked, visually inspect for visible cracks or rough areas, and run your hand along the surface. If it is cracked, it can be fixed with wood glue, clamps, sandpaper, and a sealant. For a small crack, apply wood glue, clamp the pieces together, sand and seal. If severely cracked, consider replacing or use wood putty before gluing and sealing.
PChefPEI
Silver Member
I have a customer who has the old wooden rolling pin and the small rolling end is cracked. Does anyone know how she can fill that crack? She's tried a number of different things with no luck.

Why don't you offer her a new Baker's Roller?

Wood putty?

DebbieJ said:
Why don't you offer her a new Baker's Roller?

Funny you should say that, because she was told to take it with her and I could get her a replacement!! :rolleyes: That is a good idea though. I really need to start thinking that way!! :blushing:

KellyTheChef said:
Wood putty?

Thanks Kelly. That's a great idea. I'll pass it on....and hopefully, it won't work....hehe....that way she'll buy a new one!! :)

I have one that did the exact same thing. Plus one of the pins that holds the roller on has fallen out. I have it held together with matchstick and it works fine. I take it with me to shows and show how PC is constantly looking for quality issues and finding ways to improve their products!

Related to Fixing a Cracked Wooden Rolling Pin: Tips and Tricks for Restoration

1. How do I know if my wooden rolling pin is cracked?

You can usually tell if your wooden rolling pin is cracked by visually inspecting it. Look for visible cracks or splits on the surface of the rolling pin. You can also run your hand along the surface to feel for any rough or uneven areas.

2. Can a cracked wooden rolling pin be fixed?

Yes, a cracked wooden rolling pin can be fixed with the right techniques and materials. However, the extent of the damage and the type of wood will determine the success of the restoration process.

3. What materials do I need to fix a cracked wooden rolling pin?

You will need wood glue, clamps, sandpaper, and a sealant such as mineral oil or beeswax. You may also want to have a putty knife and a clean cloth on hand for the restoration process.

4. How do I fix a small crack in my wooden rolling pin?

To fix a small crack, you will need to apply wood glue to the crack and hold the two pieces of wood together with clamps. Once the glue has dried, use sandpaper to smooth out any rough edges and then apply a sealant to protect the repaired area.

5. What should I do if my wooden rolling pin is severely cracked or split?

If your wooden rolling pin is severely cracked or split, it may be best to replace it. However, if you want to attempt to fix it, you will need to use wood putty to fill in the cracks before gluing the pieces back together. Sand and seal the repaired area once the glue has dried.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
DebbieJ
  • shelly.nurse
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • Jennifer E
  • Products and Tips
Replies