• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

First Show Coming up on Saturday...eek!

In summary, my first kitchen show is coming up on Saturday and it's my own show. I'm starting to feel a little nervous about it. I don't think I'd be so nervous, except that everyone that is coming I know (of course). I feel very intimidated by this. I think I'd feel alot better if they were complete strangers. But on a good note I have another show booked for October and 3 for November so far...I think that's good. :)
danidag
My first kitchen show is coming up on Saturday and it's my own show. I'm starting to feel a little nervous about it. I don't think I'd be so nervous, except that everyone that is coming I know (of course). I feel very intimidated by this. I think I'd feel alot better if they were complete strangers. Got any suggestions to help me calm down a bit? But on a good note I have another show booked for October and 3 for November so far...I think that's good. :)

Totally NormalMy first show was with the family and friends and I was SOOOO nervous that I actually was happy when I got a few cancelations! You are right, its easier to do shows in front of strangers, because you can be whoever you want to be. My SS1 was September and am looking forward to the four shows I have in October with people I don't know. I had one (JUST ONE!!) glass of wine before my show and also enlisted my sister to play "hostess" while I prepared for the demo, even though the show was at my house. My husband also was a surprise help in getting everyone served with beverages. I offered my sister (and my other sister who ended helping too!!) about $15 a piece in free stuff and did really well. The show closed about $840 and generated several bookings, which generated the non-family/friend bookings I have this month. The great thing about the non-ff bookings is that you can tell funny stories about your family and not worry about it! :rolleyes: Good Luck to you!]

I understand about you being nervous- I was, but it gets better-FAST!!! My first show was 2 weeks ago, for my sister-in-law, and I was SO nervous. I was dropping things, stumbling over my words, ect but so many people wrote on the drawing slip that they could not beleive that it was my first show, I looked so relaxed !!!! She closed with $500, and 5 bookings.
My 2nd show closed last night, with $269 in sales and 4 bookings. I am a bit disappointed about the low sales totals, but I am glad that it happened at the start of my career, because I have now expeirinced it, and even though I TRIED to coach her, I now know that it happens sometimes. The hostess was too busy to return my calls, or allow me to go over the packet with her and help. When we closed last night, and I took back her hostess packet, it was UNUSED, except for the invitations. She said, I didn't have time to look at all that stuff. Well, it showed it the totals.

My 3rd show Saturday afternoon for my mother-in-law blew me out of the water !!! It was Saturday afternoon, and even though only 1 booking, it will close over $1000. I was so relaxed by the 3rd show, and could not believe how much fun it was. I did forget a few things, but it flowed so well, and everyone said that they never had so much fun at a show before !!!! The coaching was much different this time, we went over the packet, and everytime she got an outside order, she called me so excited. She was very hesitant to schedule a show for me, because she did not want to dissapoint me with little sales. She said that none of her friends would buy, because at their age, they are all downsizing. She had over $200. in outside sales before the show, and is still collecting orders from those who could not make it to the show.

You never know how things will go. The shows you think will be good will disappoint at times. Just do your best, and it will all work out. It does get easier, and I have never had a "job" where I had so much fun !! I can't really call this a job, because it is so much more !!!!!

Well, yesterday was really the first day that I really started to spread the word about my first show. I've already had 3 people tell me that they couldn't come to the show so i gave them some books to look at and see if there was still anything that they wanted to order. ALL 3 of them ordered for a total of $90...in just three people! I was so excited. I also had a guest call me today and said that she couldn't come either but she wanted to order. She was telling me this on my voicemail and I thought "oh crap" I didn't give her a book because I thought for sure she would be there. Well she actually saw something on the picture on the front of the invitation and ordered it! Can you believe it. It was the food chopper and she said that it looked neat and she wanted it. This is going so good so far. I also talked to a friend of mine that is coming to my show on Saturday and she has also booked a show for the end of Oct. She gave her mom the invitation for my show and her and her mom started talking and her mom is very interrested in selling PC. That would be so awesome to get a recruit that fast. I'll keep my fingers crossed because I haven't actually talked to her yet, but she's the type of person that likes to do stuff like this, and I think she'd be great at it. Anyway...I'm getting so pumped up for Saturday! I'll let you all know how it goes. :D

Hi there! Congratulations on booking your first kitchen show! It's completely normal to feel nervous, especially when you know the guests personally. But don't worry, you've got this! Remember, you are the expert and you have all the knowledge and skills to make this show a success.Here are a few tips to help calm your nerves:1. Practice, practice, practice! Go through your presentation a few times before the show. This will not only help you feel more confident, but it will also help you remember important points and transitions.2. Take deep breaths. Before the show, take a few moments to close your eyes and take some deep breaths. This will help you relax and clear your mind.3. Visualize success. Imagine yourself giving an amazing presentation and the guests having a great time. Visualizing success can help boost your confidence and calm your nerves.4. Remember why you love Pampered Chef. Think about why you became a consultant and what you love about the products. This will help you feel more passionate and excited about sharing them with others.5. Connect with your guests. Remember, these are people you know and they are there to support you. Connect with them and make them feel comfortable. This will help ease your nerves as well.And congratulations on booking more shows! That's fantastic! Keep up the great work and remember to have fun at your first show. You've got this!

What should I expect at my first Pampered Chef show?

At your first Pampered Chef show, you can expect to have a fun and interactive cooking experience with friends and family. Our consultants will guide you through using our products to create delicious recipes, while also sharing tips and tricks for cooking and entertaining. You will also have the opportunity to try out our products and ask any questions you may have.

What should I do to prepare for my first show?

To prepare for your first show, it's important to invite as many friends and family members as possible. This will not only increase the fun and energy of the event, but also give you the opportunity to earn more free and discounted products. It's also helpful to have a list of potential recipes and products you would like to try, so our consultant can tailor the show to your interests.

Do I need to purchase anything at the show?

No, you are not required to purchase anything at the show. However, we do offer special discounts and promotions for guests who place orders during the show. Plus, as the host, you can earn free and discounted products based on the total sales from your show.

What if I have dietary restrictions or allergies?

We understand that everyone has different dietary needs and restrictions. Our consultants are trained to offer alternative ingredient options and can also provide tips for adapting recipes to accommodate allergies. Additionally, we offer a wide range of products that cater to specific dietary needs, such as gluten-free or vegan options.

Can I host a Pampered Chef show online?

Yes, you can host a Pampered Chef show online through our virtual party option. This is a great way to connect with friends and family who may not be able to attend an in-person show. Our consultants will guide you through the virtual party experience and make sure you and your guests have a great time.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• MaryannNic
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
mmilus
  • esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
JD Gray
Replies