• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Personal Conquering My First 20K Tomorrow: Nerves and Excitement

In summary, the conversation revolves around the speaker's anxiety and nerves about running a 20K race. They share their past experiences with running and express their excitement and determination to accomplish this new challenge. Their friends offer support and encouragement, reminding them of their progress and wishing them luck. The speaker also mentions the outside issues causing their anxiety and asks for prayers. They end the conversation with a positive and confident attitude towards the upcoming race.
wadesgirl
Gold Member
So I just needed to talk to someone! I'm running my first 20K tomorrow and I'm so incredibly nervous! Not sure why! I just ran my first 5K in April and was going to run the 5K for this race but figured why not see what I can do. I don't even want to be at work today (well I never want to be at work!), it's making it hard to concentrate.

Congratulations! I can't imagine voluntarily running anywhere for any length of time. Run safe!

raebates said:
Congratulations! I can't imagine voluntarily running anywhere for any length of time. Run safe!

:) Last week had been a year since I started my workout program. I talked to my initial 10 week coach and asked if he realized it had been a year since he's been graced with knowing me. Then when I told him about the 20K he reminded me that a year ago I didn't want to (and couldn't) run a mile!

I took a second to think about this and I now realize that a lot of my anxiety about this stems from outside issues with this race not actually the race itself. Please pray for me!

Wow! Congratulations, Alison! And thanks for the back story. :) I start my Couch to 5k training on Monday, so it's nice to know that someday it may not look so daunting!

Good luck with your 20K! I'll be praying for peace for you!

Prayers definitely said.I exercise regularly. I could run a mile if I had to. I just can't imagine wanting to. Then again, to be honest, I don't like doing the exercising I do. I like the way I feel afterward. I like what it does for my overall well-being. I just don't like doing it. [End of whine.]

Of course you're nervous! When we came into Cincinnati for the Flying Pig Half-Marathon, I'd never been to the town before and freaked when I saw all the hills. You'll do great. You will see such a wide range of abilities out there on the course. If you aren't running with anyone, you can align yourself with groups (or singles) along the way. The best part is the sense of accomplishment you'll feel when you cross that finish line. Good luck and have fun.

chefjeanine said:
Of course you're nervous! When we came into Cincinnati for the Flying Pig Half-Marathon, I'd never been to the town before and freaked when I saw all the hills.

You'll do great. You will see such a wide range of abilities out there on the course. If you aren't running with anyone, you can align yourself with groups (or singles) along the way. The best part is the sense of accomplishment you'll feel when you cross that finish line.

Good luck and have fun.
That's why I wanted to do the 20K! I already know I can do a 5K but accomplishing a 20K, that will feel really good. Luckily the race is in my town so I know the route and everything. I don't have to worry about that!

raebates said:
Prayers definitely said.

I exercise regularly. I could run a mile if I had to. I just can't imagine wanting to. Then again, to be honest, I don't like doing the exercising I do. I like the way I feel afterward. I like what it does for my overall well-being. I just don't like doing it. [End of whine.]
:) Thanks for making me smile! I never thought I would want to run this far!

ChefBeckyD said:
Wow! Congratulations, Alison! And thanks for the back story. :) I start my Couch to 5k training on Monday, so it's nice to know that someday it may not look so daunting!

Good luck with your 20K! I'll be praying for peace for you!
It's totally doable! Even before my 5K I couldn't run a total of 2 miles. I would do 2 miles but walk part of it. Due to the excitement of the actual race I ran the entire 5K without walking. If I can do it, anyone can! When is your 5K?

YOU'LL BE FABULOUS DARLING, SIMPLY FABULOUS! You know what? You already accomplished so much that this is going to be a snap! My main form of running is the Couch to Refrigerator routine so I admire your spunk! You will do wonderfully! And the fact that you are nervous is normal! In fact it will get your adrenaline going tomorrow!

wadesgirl said:
That's why I wanted to do the 20K! I already know I can do a 5K but accomplishing a 20K, that will feel really good. Luckily the race is in my town so I know the route and everything. I don't have to worry about that!

:) Thanks for making me smile! I never thought I would want to run this far!

It's totally doable! Even before my 5K I couldn't run a total of 2 miles. I would do 2 miles but walk part of it. Due to the excitement of the actual race I ran the entire 5K without walking. If I can do it, anyone can! When is your 5K?

I don't have an event planned - just getting off the couch!

It's this program:

Cool Running :: The Couch-to-5K Running Plan

However, my ultimate goal is to do the Riverbank Run next year in May (it's a huge event here!) - maybe even the 10K part!

http://www.53riverbankrun.com/

ChefBeckyD said:
However, my ultimate goal is to do the Riverbank Run next year in May (it's a huge event here!) - maybe even the 10K part!

I've not participated in the Riverbank Run but my husband has. . .nice race.

If you are looking for more help/guidance, I highly recommend the folks (programs) at Gazelle Sports. I'm fairly sure there is a store near you. That's where we buy our running shoes (we go to the Kalamazoo store). They know their products because they use them!

chefjeanine said:
I've not participated in the Riverbank Run but my husband has. . .nice race.

If you are looking for more help/guidance, I highly recommend the folks (programs) at Gazelle Sports. I'm fairly sure there is a store near you. That's where we buy our running shoes (we go to the Kalamazoo store). They know their products because they use them!

LOL - just had the same exact conversation with JAE about Gazelle. There is one in Holland, and one on the other side of GR - both about 15-20 miles away. We have a store much closer to us (just a couple miles away) that is very much like Gazelle, and DH has been really impressed with them - called Striders.
Striders | 4045 Chicago Dr. SW Grandville, MI 49418 He wants to take me there for my birthday...so that's where we're headed tomorrow! :D

ChefBeckyD said:
LOL - just had the same exact conversation with JAE about Gazelle. There is one in Holland, and one on the other side of GR - both about 15-20 miles away.

I'd take 15-20 miles. . .Kalamazoo is an hour away. :)

pampered1224 said:
YOU'LL BE FABULOUS DARLING, SIMPLY FABULOUS! You know what? You already accomplished so much that this is going to be a snap! My main form of running is the Couch to Refrigerator routine so I admire your spunk! You will do wonderfully! And the fact that you are nervous is normal! In fact it will get your adrenaline going tomorrow!

Thanks! You put a smile on my face!

ChefBeckyD said:
I don't have an event planned - just getting off the couch!

It's this program:

Cool Running :: The Couch-to-5K Running Plan

I would actually suggest looking for one this fall. It will give you something to work towards and keep you on track!

I think it's great!! I hope you plan on treating yourself to something nice to celebrate afterward- that will be quite an accomplishment!!! Good luck, & most of all, have fun!

cookinfletch said:
I think it's great!! I hope you plan on treating yourself to something nice to celebrate afterward- that will be quite an accomplishment!!! Good luck, & most of all, have fun!

If I can move!! Actually we already had plans to go out with my in-laws anyway.

I did it!!! I don't know my official time but it was right around 2 hours, faster than I thought!

A HUGE congrats to you!!! WHat an accomplishment! You're an inspiration!

SEE!!! SIMPLY FABULOUS!
If you doubt anything you set your mind too, you usually doubt EVERYTHING you set your mind too. Always think positive and positive is what you'll get. And I don't mean "I am positive I can NOT do it"! Now, I just gotta start taking that advice myself! You did something for me in this by the way that I need to thank you for! Not only the example you set but the fact that although you had those doubts, you did it any way. With being unemployed except for PC and that not doing so well, I have lost a lot of confidence in my abilities to do much of any thing. Funny how a negative thing like not having a job can do that to someone! The problem is, I am letting it get to me! Yesterday as you were running your butt off, I was reevaluating my plan of action to get a job, ramp up my PC business and realized I have a plan but I keep telling myself I can not do it. Well, dang it! If you can run that race even with your doubts I can certainly get off my butt and get my life back in order! So THANK YOU so much for running that race!

Woohoo to Alison!!! I've done a handful of 5ks, but it's been a couple of years, so I'm doing the C25k training with Becky. There's a 5k in October my daughter wants to do, but has been training, so hopefully we can do it together!If anyone wants to join us in the C25k (Couch To 5k) interval training, and get online encouragement and accountability, we have a Facebook Group (Cheffers and Friends Couch to 5k), and we officially start tomorrow, 6/7/10.

Melissa78 said:
A HUGE congrats to you!!! WHat an accomplishment! You're an inspiration!
Thank you!

pampered1224 said:
SEE!!! SIMPLY FABULOUS!
If you doubt anything you set your mind too, you usually doubt EVERYTHING you set your mind too. Always think positive and positive is what you'll get. And I don't mean "I am positive I can NOT do it"! Now, I just gotta start taking that advice myself! You did something for me in this by the way that I need to thank you for! Not only the example you set but the fact that although you had those doubts, you did it any way. With being unemployed except for PC and that not doing so well, I have lost a lot of confidence in my abilities to do much of any thing. Funny how a negative thing like not having a job can do that to someone! The problem is, I am letting it get to me! Yesterday as you were running your butt off, I was reevaluating my plan of action to get a job, ramp up my PC business and realized I have a plan but I keep telling myself I can not do it. Well, dang it! If you can run that race even with your doubts I can certainly get off my butt and get my life back in order! So THANK YOU so much for running that race!
So glad I could inspire you just by doing this! You really can do anything you set your mind to! I did tell DH yesterday that if I even mention doing a marathon just to tell me I'm crazy! I personally believe 20K is far enough for me.

pampchefsarah said:
Woohoo to Alison!!! I've done a handful of 5ks, but it's been a couple of years, so I'm doing the C25k training with Becky. There's a 5k in October my daughter wants to do, but has been training, so hopefully we can do it together!

If anyone wants to join us in the C25k (Couch To 5k) interval training, and get online encouragement and accountability, we have a Facebook Group (Cheffers and Friends Couch to 5k), and we officially start tomorrow, 6/7/10.
It is so doable! Last year I didn't even want to run a mile and couldn't run it without walking. Yesterday I ran over 4 miles without stopping (and that only to use the bathroom). I ran almost half way before I stopped to walk. I pretty much ran the whole way with walking only a few times.

On that note I am in so much pain today! My calves are so tight and my one hip is bothering me. :(

My official time was 2:11! So excited, figured some where around 2:30 before I raced so at least I beat that!

Congratulations! You have every right to be proud of yourself. That's a great accomplishment.

Congratulations!!! I'm sure it felt great to be done, & especially to have beaten the time you were expecting!!

What is "Conquering My First 20K Tomorrow"?

"Conquering My First 20K Tomorrow" is a workshop designed by Pampered Chef to help new consultants overcome nerves and excitement as they begin their journey towards reaching their first $20,000 in sales.

Who is this workshop for?

This workshop is specifically designed for new consultants who are just starting their Pampered Chef business and are looking to achieve their first $20,000 in sales. It is also open to any current consultants who may need a refresher or extra support in reaching this goal.

What can I expect to learn from this workshop?

In this workshop, you will learn tips and strategies for managing nerves and excitement, setting achievable goals, and staying motivated as you work towards reaching your first $20,000 in sales. You will also have the opportunity to connect with other consultants and share experiences and advice.

How long is the workshop?

The "Conquering My First 20K Tomorrow" workshop is typically 1-2 hours long, depending on the size of the group and the amount of discussion and interaction during the session.

How do I sign up for this workshop?

You can sign up for this workshop by contacting your Pampered Chef consultant or reaching out to our customer service team. They will be able to provide you with more information and help you register for an upcoming session.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • babywings76
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chefa
  • pampered1224
  • General Chat
Replies