• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Conquering Homeownership: A Military Son's Struggle with a Stupid Ceiling Fan

In summary, Kris's son came home from Iraq and became a homeowner while he was gone. He called her today and said that he was having a tough time putting up the ceiling fan in their bedroom because he was so angry. His dad came over and helped him and they had a good time.
ihavethetools
:eek: :( :( :(
Son (that just got home from Iraq) also became a homeowner while he was gone......

WELCOME TO HOME OWNERSHIP BUDDY!!!!

I call him this afternoon about something else but remember his plans were to put up the ceiling fan in their bedroom.

"Hey, did you get the fan up!" I ask excitedly.
"I don't even want to talk about it I'm so P***** right now!"
"Oh I'm sorry." Trying to be positive, "Hey don't be so hard on yourself, it's your first project, your first house." blah blah blah....

Poor guy probably thinks he can conquer the world and comes home and realizes he can't conquer a stupid ceiling fan like all the idiots on HGTV. He can shoot at terrorists.......just don't try to hang a ceiling fan. Poor guy.

Hopefully he gets things in perspective and has a good evening. :rolleyes:

(KG if it were warmer out he'd probably resort to your form of therapy right now).

Kris

Well, we could hook it up to the 20 horse engine on my Deere, but instead of cooling the bedroom, he'd probably be flying the house around the neighborhood like a Huey.

LOL! Now that is a sight!

Good idea KG! He'd feel right at home, have to unpack his gear though. :rolleyes: He'll probably need it for when Sarah goes to beat him. :eek: :eek:

Kris

Kris~
I'm happy to hear that your son made it home safely. My brother is shipping over for his 2nd tour in a couple of days.

My DH has a buddy he does most of the house projects with (they do his house as well to) and when they did our ceiling fan in our bedroom....the beer came out pretty early...we found out that the wiring was not updated. When they put the drywall up they went over the plaster.

He called me a bit ago in a much better mood.
Dad in law to the rescue!!!!!
Good thing I think b/c he and Phil haven't hit it off exactly great the past few years so some guy time maybe put a better respect in each other's eyes.

(her dad also serves at the same base and is higher in rank than Phil, of course).

Kris

Related to Conquering Homeownership: A Military Son's Struggle with a Stupid Ceiling Fan

1. What is "Stupid Fan!!!"?

"Stupid Fan!!!" is a cutting-edge kitchen tool that is perfect for quickly and efficiently drying fruits, vegetables, and herbs. It features a unique design that allows for maximum airflow, resulting in faster drying times and better overall results.

2. How does "Stupid Fan!!!" work?

Simply place your washed produce on the mesh trays and turn on the fan. The powerful airflow will circulate around and through the produce, removing excess moisture and leaving you with perfectly dried fruits and vegetables.

3. Is "Stupid Fan!!!" easy to clean?

Yes, "Stupid Fan!!!" is incredibly easy to clean. The mesh trays are dishwasher safe, and the fan can easily be wiped down with a damp cloth. We recommend cleaning the fan after each use to ensure optimal performance.

4. Can "Stupid Fan!!!" be used for anything other than drying produce?

While "Stupid Fan!!!" is primarily designed for drying fruits and vegetables, it can also be used for drying herbs, flowers, and even spices. It can also be used to thaw frozen foods quickly and evenly.

5. Is "Stupid Fan!!!" safe to use?

Yes, "Stupid Fan!!!" is completely safe to use. It is made with high-quality materials and has been extensively tested to ensure safety and durability. Just be sure to follow the instructions and use caution when handling the fan while it is in operation.

Back