• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

First $1000 Show but Frustrated With the Host

In summary, the conversation is about a frustrating experience with a host who was disorganized and unreliable. Despite having a successful show with over $1000 in sales, the host was unprepared and did not send out invitations. The host also did not pay the amount owed and expected the consultant to wait until they returned from vacation to collect the payment. The consultant is frustrated with the host's behavior and believes it is important to be professional and treat business transactions seriously.
Sooner PC
Ok - I had a show on April 8 and I really wasn't crazy about the host. Weird doesn't even begin to describe her. Host coaching calls were a flop - but she insisted that everything was fine. I called to discuss recipes and she had a list of items (probably 6) she wanted prepared. I politely asked her, "Which two do you want me to do for your show." We agreed on 2 and the time I would show up. She prepared the other 4 items.

I get there and set up and she keeps telling me - more people are coming. We get started about 30 minutes late and that is because most of the guest are tired of waiting and want me to start. I start and several guest retreat to the kitchen - so I keep the rest of the audience entertained and proceed with my demo.

After the demo, I start to figure orders and get cleaned up. Everyone ask me when the show is closing. I tell them it is closing April 12. I also tell them and the host that I am having surgery on the 13th that is why I want to close it BEFORE surgery. Everyone is happy. Oh - she has $700 in sales at the show (not bad) I tell her that is great and her reply is, "Not bad since I didn't send out any invitations." I am shocked - she said she had sent them out.

Anyway, I call her on Wed night - keep in mind my surgery is on Thursday. She wants to call me back after 9:00 because her minutes are free. Fine - I'm not going to sleep well anyway. So, she calls back and I get her outside orders keyed in. She is now over $1000 - I can't believe it, but she has had a fabulous show. So we spend another 40 minutes having her pick out her $215 in free product and deciding on 1/2 price products. All total - she owes me over $700 with outside orders and what she ordered.

We agree - she is going to put the checks she has and a personal check for the difference in the mail on Thursday. Luckily, my PP wasn't updated for the cookbook - and I wasnt' in the mood to update that night - so I told her I would submit it on Friday (I was ready for bed and didn't think Thursday after surgery would be a good time to submit) I was also trying to buy my time hoping her check would arrive. She wished me well with the surgery and said they would definately get it in the mail on Thursday because they were heading to the lake for the weekend.

You guessed it - no check on Friday. So Saturday morning, I check my PC email and there is an email from them saying they couldn't get it all together but if I would call her at work on Thursday (the day of the surgery), I could make arrangements to pick it up before they go to the lake?!?!?!.

So - I called her at work today (4-17) and she is on vacation until tomorrow, (4-18). I still haven't submitted the show - I can't be out $700 for a show that I might not collect on. I'm not saying I don't trust this host, she had a nice house, drove a nice vehicle, ect - but this is business.

I am going to drive to her house tomorrow night to collect. I can't believe that someone would expect me to wait until they got back from vacation for $700.

I was thrilled to have a $1000 show but then I am frustrated at the host.

Why are some people like that??

Oh Man! Some people! So sorry you have having to deal with this! I submitted an order last night that was supposed to be submitted WED. People can not seem to get it together sometimes. I know everyone is busy, but $700 is $700 and without that in I would have waited too! My last show had commissonable sales of 999.21... ahrg, I'll get there somday! at least you hit it!!! Yay!

Emma

Shannon, I know what you mean. I'll keep a cushion of $100 in my account and there's no way I wouldsubmit it before getting that check. The good thing is it takes a little while for PC to debit your account, so could could deposit and submit the show in the same day and the check will clear in time. Then again, maybe you should wait until the check clears.

People are just WIERD. This past weekend I had a show. It was to start at 2 o'clock. At 2:30, the only people there were her mom and sister. She starts calling her friends to see where they are and one tells her "I'm washing my car right now, I'll be over later." The other told her she was at the mall and would stop by in "a while". So I go into the kitchen to put some of the stuff in the fridge. I go back out to the living room and the host is GONE. I ask her sister where she went and she says "She just ran to the store." I figured she forgot something so I go to wait in the kitchen and an HOUR and 15 minutes later, she still isn't back. Finally, she pulls up and starts bringing in bag after bag of GROCERIES. SHE LEFT AND WENT TO THE SUPERMARKET!!! WHILE I SAT THERE! I ended up telling her I would do a quick demo for those who were there (a sister, mother, and friend). Luckily she had several outside orders and the show ended up at over $600 but I won't be doing another show for her again. WHO EVER HEARD OF SUCH A THING????

PamperedPrincess74 said:
People are just WIERD. This past weekend I had a show. It was to start at 2 o'clock. At 2:30, the only people there were her mom and sister. She starts calling her friends to see where they are and one tells her "I'm washing my car right now, I'll be over later." The other told her she was at the mall and would stop by in "a while". So I go into the kitchen to put some of the stuff in the fridge. I go back out to the living room and the host is GONE. I ask her sister where she went and she says "She just ran to the store." I figured she forgot something so I go to wait in the kitchen and an HOUR and 15 minutes later, she still isn't back. Finally, she pulls up and starts bringing in bag after bag of GROCERIES. SHE LEFT AND WENT TO THE SUPERMARKET!!! WHILE I SAT THERE! I ended up telling her I would do a quick demo for those who were there (a sister, mother, and friend). Luckily she had several outside orders and the show ended up at over $600 but I won't be doing another show for her again. WHO EVER HEARD OF SUCH A THING????

HOW AWFUL! Some people really have no concerns for others' time and feelings! At least she came through with outside orders..

That's horribly rude! A host walk out in the middle of a show? What's up with that? My director told me to just wait 10-15 minutes max after when the show is supposed to start and just go along with your demo. If people walk in, that's fine, you can keep repeating the host benefits so it gets into people's skulls. Last week I started a show with just four people there ... five more trickled in over the next 10 minutes.

I usually ask pretty much as soon as I get in the door of the host's house the day of the show about her outside orders, and get them before the show starts in case I forget and ask later.

If I had a rude host like that, I would have done the demo for all the people there, took their orders and left. If the host doesn't even value your time by not being there, why stick around and wait for her?

I'm sorry you went thru that. And I thought my friend being a host andI'm sorry you went thru that. And I thought my friend being a host and only getting back to me today after 2 calls and an email. Her show was Last Sat. Here it is over a week later. I want to make sure I get the SS for month 2 asap.. I want that stuff so bad lol The longer she waits, the longer it takes me to get it.. she doesnt know that though. But to be as rude as your 2 hostesses were to you.

I guess you live and learn and its all part of business.

She went to the grocery store??? and I thought mine was bad. I had to dodge 2 dogs and a 3 year old chasing the dogs. All the time the mom is yelling at the child. Sometimes you wonder what the host are thinking. I guess we have all the time in the world to commit to them.

OK - my wierd host calls me last night - after rambling about how I was supposed to pick up the checks she finally tells me that they put the checks in a mail box on Thursday night and that the mail wasn't picked up until 5:00 Friday afternoon - but I should have them by today (Tuesday) and to call her when I get them. It is all very strange and I'm glad I haven't submitted the show yet.

Uggghhh, I cringe when I have hosts like this. But, really wanted to say congrats on your first $1000 show!!!

Left The Show?????For food shopping? What is she BILLY THE GOAT? NO MANNERS....
I could think of a million things I would've done.....
But it wouldn't be NICE.....
I'm sorry for you that you had to go through that.....unreal and the MOTHER right there?

What a bunch of %^%%$$^^&**(*((*&&&^^^&(*(

Sorry, I HATE when people waste others valuable time.....

ARG....

Oh, but hey congrats on the 1000.00 show though, THAT was awesome....

Shannon: What happened?

My stepmom did a show for me and instead of sitting with the guests and enjoying the show, she did laundry the whole time. Whatever....

And her show didn't make it over $400. Oh well.

It sounds like we all have some weird stories!

Tonight's show I mixed up two girls' names and the one got absolutely pissy with me. All I wanted to say "Look, I'm sorry, but its not like I mistook you for an elephant. Don't be so offended." So, I'm doing name tags.

Mixing up names...
AJPratt said:
Tonight's show I mixed up two girls' names and the one got absolutely pissy with me. All I wanted to say "Look, I'm sorry, but its not like I mistook you for an elephant. Don't be so offended." So, I'm doing name tags.

I had a party off of a booking. Once I get something like a name in my head, I have a hard time correcting it. Well, these two ladies looked a lot alike...they both have brownish hair with light highlights, short with a bit of a flip. They are both also some of my favorite people. The main difference is that one is about 5 foot nothing (Susan), the other is over 5'10" (Mary)!

So the night of the show, I immediately start calling Susan "Mary" and could never get it straight! Thank God, everyone had a good laugh at my expense, and no one was upset. To this day, I have to conciously make the effort to call Susan "Susan" instead of Mary!

The host that I was frustrated with did send me the checks and according to the post mark - they were sent on the day she said they were (per a later email I got) - so I submitted the show. PC sent her stuff in 6 boxes and UPS only delivered 2. She called in a state of panic that PC didn't send all her stuff. I assured her that the others were on a truck and the UPS didn't always keep all the boxes together. I hope she gets everything today.

1. How can I encourage my host to invite more guests to their "First $1000 Show"?

One way to encourage your host to invite more guests is to offer incentives for them to do so. For example, you can offer a free product or discount for every guest they bring to the show. You can also remind your host that the more guests they invite, the more rewards they can earn from their show.

2. My host is not responding to my calls or messages, what should I do?

If your host is not responding to your calls or messages, try reaching out to them through a different method such as email or social media. If they still do not respond, it may be best to move on and focus on finding a new host. You can also offer to help your host with the planning and promotion of the show to make it easier for them.

3. How can I help my host reach the $1000 sales goal?

To help your host reach the $1000 sales goal, make sure to provide them with all the necessary tools and resources such as product catalogs, order forms, and product samples. You can also offer to do a pre-show call with your host to go over the show plan and answer any questions they may have. Additionally, encourage your host to invite friends and family to the show and remind them of the rewards they can earn for reaching the sales goal.

4. What should I do if my host is not satisfied with their show's results?

If your host is not satisfied with their show's results, it is important to listen to their concerns and address them in a professional and understanding manner. Offer to make it up to them by hosting a follow-up show or providing them with a discount on their next purchase. You can also offer to go through the show's results with them and provide tips and suggestions for their next show.

5. How can I make sure my host is happy with their overall experience?

To ensure your host is happy with their overall experience, it is important to communicate with them throughout the entire process. Listen to their needs and concerns and make sure to address them in a timely manner. Offer to help them with any tasks they may need assistance with, such as sending out invitations or promoting the show on social media. After the show, follow up with your host to see if they have any feedback or suggestions for improvement.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PamperedchefDaly
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • AshleyAllison
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ChefPeg
  • cookn' katie