• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Fig Newmans (Newtons) for Tots??

hJust a guess Stacey, my daughter is 20 months old and was trying to ask myself why I might hesitate giving them to her and thats all I could come up with... Because Figs are fruit, and I don't believe they have nuts in them... so thats all I could guess, hopefully you figure it out Good Luck!OK, so after all this I still cant find anything one way or another, but DH and I were talking about when he thought hed read about it. Turns out it was probably around the same time frame he called 911 cause she was choking on a chicken nugget!!! He was doing major research into choking hazards after that :p and is probably when he read something about
PCwithStay-C
Can anyone help me out here? I bought Fig Newmans (the organic version of Fig Newtons) today for my 15mth old daughter and when I was showing DH he said he thought hed read somewhere that younger kids cant have them for some reason. Ive been trying to google and find out why this would be, but have come up with nothing!!
Anyone have any info as to why this might be? Could it be cause of allergies, thats the only reason I can think of why they say not to give kids certain foods when they are younger? TIA

I have never heard of this. I can't think of why they would be a problem.

Are they chewy at all? because sometimes at that age they worry a lot about choking hazards... I don't know just came to mind..(?)

kaceyleigh2 said:
I have never heard of this. I can't think of why they would be a problem.

Neither had I till today :( Im hoping he got some info mixed up!!

Carissidy said:
Are they chewy at all? because sometimes at that age they worry a lot about choking hazards... I don't know just came to mind..(?)

hmmmm wonder if this is what he read?? Ok back to google to search. THANKS :)

I've never heard it either, but I can tell you I'll never eat them. When I was really little my mean older sister told me they were chopped up worms. I've never eaten one after that, although of course I know that's not what they are!

PCwithStay-C said:
hmmmm wonder if this is what he read?? Ok back to google to search. THANKS :)
Just a guess Stacey, my daughter is 20 months old and was trying to ask myself why I might hesitate giving them to her and thats all I could come up with... Because Figs are fruit, and I don't believe they have nuts in them... so thats all I could guess, hopefully you figure it out Good Luck!

OK, so after all this I still cant find anything one way or another, but DH and I were talking about when he thought hed read about it. Turns out it was probably around the same time frame he called 911 cause she was choking on a chicken nugget!!! He was doing major research into choking hazards after that :p and is probably when he read something about it!!
So I guess I will try them and see how she does :) Thanks for the your ideas :D

dianevill said:
I've never heard it either, but I can tell you I'll never eat them. When I was really little my mean older sister told me they were chopped up worms. I've never eaten one after that, although of course I know that's not what they are!
EWWWWWW OK so now I dont think Ill ever eat them again either :p GROSS!! LOL

you guys are too funny! I dont like them but its not bc they are filled with worms... they are just yucky!

Fig Newtons were always my Grandpa's favorite cookie. yuk.

I don't like Fig Newtons either (there's no chocolate in them! HELLO!:D )I think your daughter should be fine as long as you don't leave her with them unsupervized...You could even try cutting them into smaller pieces. I know my son would probably try to fit the WHOLE thing in his mouth at once!

Carissidy said:
you guys are too funny! I dont like them but its not bc they are filled with worms... they are just yucky!

I hate them too!! Funny how I want my kid to eat all the healthy crap....ahhh I mean food :p that I dont LOL

kaceyleigh2 said:
I don't like Fig Newtons either (there's no chocolate in them! HELLO!:D )I think your daughter should be fine as long as you don't leave her with them unsupervized...You could even try cutting them into smaller pieces. I know my son would probably try to fit the WHOLE thing in his mouth at once!

hmmm I wonder if I dipped them in chocolate they would taste better :p My daughter has started doing the same thing, she just shoves everything in her mouth, like shes too busy to sit and eat!! Shes got other things to get to :p hehehe

Related to Fig Newmans (Newtons) for Tots??

What are Fig Newmans (Newtons) for Tots?

Fig Newmans for Tots are a delicious and healthy snack option specifically designed for young children. They are made with whole grain flour, real fruit, and contain no artificial flavors or preservatives.

Are Fig Newmans (Newtons) for Tots suitable for children with allergies?

Yes, Fig Newmans for Tots are made without any nuts or dairy ingredients, making them a great choice for children with allergies. However, they are produced in a facility that also processes peanuts and tree nuts, so please check the ingredient list for any potential allergens.

How should I store Fig Newmans (Newtons) for Tots?

It is recommended to store Fig Newmans for Tots in a cool, dry place. Once opened, the package should be resealed tightly to maintain freshness.

Can I give Fig Newmans (Newtons) for Tots to my baby?

Fig Newmans for Tots are suitable for children over the age of 1. They are a great option for older babies who are transitioning to solid foods and are looking for a tasty and healthy snack.

Are Fig Newmans (Newtons) for Tots organic?

Yes, Fig Newmans for Tots are made with organic ingredients and are certified organic by the USDA. They are also Non-GMO Project verified, ensuring that they are free from genetically modified ingredients.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Sheila
Replies
Views
sklay723
  • spoiledchef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Kathytnt