• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How do you make Festive Cranberry Crunch Bark?

I LOVE this bark! I just made a second batch last night and it was soooooo good!! I am not a big cranberry fan, but I thought this was really good. I used the milk chocolate bark and added about 2 cups of mixed dried fruit. The only change I made was to add about 1/2 cup of white chocolate chips. That made it a little more like the picture in the mini catalog...my family loved it! :)It is
KellyTheChef
Gold Member
Have you all tried this? It is absolutely YUMMY and addicting! Here is the recipe if you don't have one of our mini holiday catalogs!

Festive Cranberry Crunch Bark
(listed in the Holiday 2007 mini catalog)

Ingredients:

One package (20-24 oz) vanilla flavored almond bark
1 cup slivered almonds (or regular ones chopped coarsely)
3/4 cup sweetened dried cranberries
2 cups rice crispy cereal

Combine almonds and cranberries, set half of this mixture aside for topping.
Add in cereal to remaining almonds and cranberries.
Melt bark according to directions and stir into the cereal/nut mixture.
Spread onto a parchment lined baking sheet. (an offset spatula helps tremendously here) Once spread, sprinkle on remaining nuts and cranberries and gently press into the surface. Allow to cool and harden, break into pieces.

*I doubled this and split it between two jelly roll pans. Next time I will add about ½ cup more cereal per recipe. The recipe says to put the parchment paper onto a frozen rectangle stone, but I was doubling the recipe and didn't have time to freeze the stones...it still set up fine. I think the frozen stone just helps it to set up super quickly!

It's also featured as one of the "Homemade For The Holidays" recipes. My whole family loves it - I am making it at all of my shows in December!

It's on CC in the Homeade for the Holidays section

Cool! Thanks for telling me, I didn't realize it was there too!

It's very yummy!

I have everything to make this and plan of making it today!! Sounds great!!

I really enjoyed these,BUT i am not a fan of the cranberrys, so i am using cherries or rasins. This is going to be a great recipe for gifts as well.

It's delicious. And really easy to make. I can't keep it in the house, because most of my family won't eat it, and I found if it's sitting on the kitchen counter, I'll grab a piece every time I walk by!

I line my bar pan with non stick reynolds wrap and put new metal cookie cutters on it then spoon the candy into them and wrap with cellophane after they have set. I tie them onto packages or tuck in gift bags. I laso amke them to sell at our church bazaar.

Chef Stacy Edwards said:
I really enjoyed these,BUT i am not a fan of the cranberrys, so i am using cherries or rasins. This is going to be a great recipe for gifts as well.
Cherries sound excellent. Not so excited about raisins. Just my opinion.

It is yummy! I'm planning on doing it for all my Dec shows too:thumbup:

Teresa Lynn said:
I line my bar pan with non stick reynolds wrap and put new metal cookie cutters on it then spoon the candy into them and wrap with cellophane after they have set. I tie them onto packages or tuck in gift bags. I laso amke them to sell at our church bazaar.

That's a great idea with the cutters! Does it stick to them? I'd be afraid I'd get it all in the cutters and then it'd stick in them! LOL

I am making this for a show next week, thanks for the ideas to go along with it. I will be sure to mention these ideas.

This is delicious... doing it at a show in December as well :)

JAE said:
Cherries sound excellent. Not so excited about raisins. Just my opinion.

I thought the same thing....I only like raisins in my oatmeal cookies :) I'm not a big fan of cranberries but I really LOVE this recipe.

Cool! I have been drooling over this recipe, so I think I'll make it on Sunday while it's snowing outside and we put up our tree! :)

My MIL made this yesterday, but I'm not a fan of cranberries so I didn't try it. She said it was awesome though! I think I may try a small piece w/out cranberries tomorrow. :) It does look delicious!

I have two words for this stuff......:love: :D :love: :D

YUMM O

It's sooooooo good!

Kind of like uber Rice Krispies treats...

careful not to burn your almonds when toasting, or START OVER again if you do...the burned flavor impacts the bark if you use them. (oops... sorry, honey!):yuck:

God Bless; take care!

-praying for Paige and her family-

has anyone tried this with the milk chocolate flavored almond bark? I think i'm going to attempt it tonight...

What about Raspberry flavored Craisins????

Mmmm...both the milk chocolate and the raspberry craisins sound delish!

Really, I refuse to make any more of this unless I am going to GIVE IT AWAY! I have eaten way too much of it in the past few days!

So I made two batches yesterday, one with white chocolate and one with milk chocolate....everyone seemed to like the white chocolate better, but raved about both.

Jenelle~

Good to know...thanks for updating us!

I have not tried this yet, but I am drooling over this thread!!!! Where do you find the almond bark? I want to try this, but that seems to be my major stumbling block.

And if not cranberries, they also have dried strawberries and/or blueberries too, correct?

I did not have luck at my local grocery store, but my director found it at Giant, and I found it at a walmart supercenter. It was in the cake/baking aisle along side of the nuts and chocolates. It comes in a big block of about 20-24 oz.

Aldi carries it too. along with the almonds, rice cereal, dried cranberries... gotta love Aldi.

I haven't tried Pc's but I have done Paula Deen's before. It is great too. I made it last year. And I put it in little tins and gave it to our Senior Adult Ladies Sunday School class - they were so thrilled.

I got mine at Walmart...around $2 for 24 oz!

caynreth said:
Aldi carries it too. along with the almonds, rice cereal, dried cranberries... gotta love Aldi.

Yep! I got everything I needed to make this at Aldi's!:chef:

Wow! I never go to Aldi's because it's so out of the way. I pay $2.99 for 20 oz almond bark at D&W. I can't find a 20 oz package at Meijer. Cranberries were $2.69 at D&W for 6 oz. because Meijer only had orange flavor. I forgot to buy Rice Crispies so I have to go out again. I meant to mark my Rice Crispies so my family wouldn't eat them, but I didn't and they did.

Well, I just realized that DS is "Cubbie of the Day" tomorrow at AWANA and I needed to bring treats for 36 Cubbies...yeah...good job Mom - nearest grocery store 18 miles away...

Well, I dug in the cupboard, pulled out a fresh box of Apple Cinnamon Cheerios, a bag of mini marshmellows I had gotten for hot chocolate and Walla (is that how you would spell it?) - Cheerio crispy treats! I made them then sprinkled our sweet cinnamon sprinkle over the top. My sample tasted good, we'll see if the kids like in.

Anyway, I thought that would be a good holiday recipe too to go along with this one...AND it uses the sprinkles. :)

janetupnorth said:
Well, I just realized that DS is "Cubbie of the Day" tomorrow at AWANA and I needed to bring treats for 36 Cubbies...yeah...good job Mom - nearest grocery store 18 miles away...

Well, I dug in the cupboard, pulled out a fresh box of Apple Cinnamon Cheerios, a bag of mini marshmellows I had gotten for hot chocolate and Walla (is that how you would spell it?) - Cheerio crispy treats! I made them then sprinkled our sweet cinnamon sprinkle over the top. My sample tasted good, we'll see if the kids like in.

Anyway, I thought that would be a good holiday recipe too to go along with this one...AND it uses the sprinkles. :)

"Voila" but there is supposed to be a little French mark over the "a".:D

And it sounds really good - I think kids will like anything that is cheerios and marshmallows!

ChefBeckyD said:
"Voila" but there is supposed to be a little French mark over the "a".:D

And it sounds really good - I think kids will like anything that is cheerios and marshmallows!

Thanks! I had a total brain fart on that word after trying to scrounge something up around here that 3 and 4 year olds would eat and like!

I'll know tomorrow night what the REAL verdict is! :)

Oh my gosh! I made the milk chocolate version last night for a show and everyone LOVED it. One of the husbands said that it tasted like Nestle Crunch. I did taste a little bite and it was good. I can't wait to try the white chocolate version because I am more of a white chocolate fan. May have to go to the store today!

For those of you who don't like the dried cranberries, what about crushed candy canes?????

I just made the bark with white chocolate, but then I drizzled melted chocolate chips over it. It looks really pretty and tastes delish!

dianevill said:
I just made the bark with white chocolate, but then I drizzled melted chocolate chips over it. It looks really pretty and tastes delish!

What a great idea! And it will help hold in place the top layer of cranberries and almonds!:thumbup:

I can't find almond bark at my local supermarket, so I use white chocolate chips and it works great! I've made this recipe a few times and keep getting requests to bring it to family get togethers!

Too sweetI had some ladies complain that it was too sweet so I thought about adding more ingredients to it so it's not so much chocolate.

Maybe I didn't do a good job of getting the ingredients mixed up enough and had too much chocolate with no ingredients in it in some of the pieces.

I will try to add more rice crispies, nuts and craisins sound very good to me.

I love the suggestions on here. I think I am going to try all kinds of things.

I'll let you know how it turns out.

Debbie :chef:

Debbie~

I made notes to myself to add extra rice krispy cereal and more almonds...for the same reason! I also enjoyed the pieces that I was able to spread really thin...seemed "crunchier" to me!

I like the idea of doing it with milk chocolate and crushed candy canes! I'm so trying that this weekend.

I finally found the almond bark and made this tonight for a vendor type thing tomorrow night. I used Cherries and thought I had almonds but I only had chopped nuts. It turned out good, but I am loving the candy cane idea with the white chocolate and almonds! So fast, easy and yummy. My "Jack Sprat" boyfriend thinks we should make some for him to eat all day tomorrow! I am that woman on the Slim Quick commercial only I say...he ate a whole pan of Festive Cranberry Crunch Bark along with his 3 meals today, and he didn't work out...he also did not gain an ounce.:cry: :grumpy:

Ann...tell him we hate him too!

That stuff is very addictive! I finally gave away 3 gift bags to people just to get it out of my house!

Oh, but then I bought more almond bark to make more soon!
Doh!

I can't find almond bark - so I used white chocolate.
Fabulous!

mellissacooks4you said:
For those of you who don't like the dried cranberries, what about crushed candy canes?????

Has anyone tried this? I LOVE the regular recipe - but I want to try something different with the Milk Choc and DH also suggested the candy canes - but would the candy canes replace the nuts too?

Any other ideas for a combo with the Milk Choc??

I've done a similar recipe with white bark and candy canes (it didn't have the crisp rice in it) - very yum. No nuts, and I think it had a dash of peppermint extract in it, too. You can also swirl the top with a few drops of red food coloring for a little pizzazz.

1. What ingredients do I need to make Festive Cranberry Crunch Bark?

To make Festive Cranberry Crunch Bark, you will need one package (20-24 oz) of vanilla flavored almond bark, 1 cup of slivered almonds (or regular ones chopped coarsely), 3/4 cup of sweetened dried cranberries, and 2 cups of rice crispy cereal.

2. What is the recipe for Festive Cranberry Crunch Bark?

Here is the recipe for Festive Cranberry Crunch Bark, as listed in the Holiday 2007 mini catalog:

Ingredients:

• One package (20-24 oz) vanilla flavored almond bark
  • 1 cup slivered almonds (or regular ones chopped coarsely)
  • 3/4 cup sweetened dried cranberries
  • 2 cups rice crispy cereal

Instructions:

1. Combine almonds and cranberries, set half of this mixture aside for topping.
  2. Add in cereal to remaining almonds and cranberries.
  3. Melt bark according to directions and stir into the cereal/nut mixture.
  4. Spread onto a parchment lined baking sheet. (an offset spatula helps tremendously here)
  5. Once spread, sprinkle on remaining nuts and cranberries and gently press into the surface.
  6. Allow to cool and harden, break into pieces.

*Note: The recipe can be doubled and split between two jelly roll pans. It is recommended to add about ½ cup more cereal per recipe. The recipe suggests putting the parchment paper onto a frozen rectangle stone, but it is not necessary for successful results.

3. Is Festive Cranberry Crunch Bark addictive?

Yes, Festive Cranberry Crunch Bark is known to be absolutely YUMMY and addicting!

4. Can I make Festive Cranberry Crunch Bark without Pampered Chef products?

Yes, you can make Festive Cranberry Crunch Bark without Pampered Chef products. However, using Pampered Chef products such as the mini holiday catalogs and frozen rectangle stones can make the process easier and quicker.

5. Can I make any variations to the Festive Cranberry Crunch Bark recipe?

Yes, you can make variations to the Festive Cranberry Crunch Bark recipe by adding different types of nuts or dried fruits, or by using different flavors of almond bark. You can also experiment with different toppings or mix-ins to create your own unique version of this delicious treat.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cochef
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
cochef
  • lockhartkitchen
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Tamzin1020
  • its_me_susan