• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Fedex Delivery Disaster: Missing Items and Poor Service

In summary, 23 items were missing from a box that was delivered. The customer is upset because the boxes were not taped properly and the items were easily accessible.
ginamkiely
Ok so I just had a show delivered, not only did the fedex guy THROW one of the 2 boxes in the door, he ROLLED another one on it's side through the door. Then when he left, I realized one of the boxes was opened and there were 23 ITEMS MISSING!!!!! ARE WE EVER GOING BACK TO UPS?? I called HO and told them and they said they were fwding it to a supervisor. AHHH

WOW 23 items missing! YIKES.

I do have to say though, HO doesn't use enough tape on the boxes. Many times, mine have been almost opened.

i'm sure that contributed. there was 1 strip of tape and it was opened on both sides but not down the middle. anyone can stick there hands in there and take stuff out, or else it could have fallen out too. so frustrating! not to mention this was for a REAL pain in the A$$ host. lol

ginamkiely said:
i'm sure that contributed. there was 1 strip of tape and it was opened on both sides but not down the middle. anyone can stick there hands in there and take stuff out, or else it could have fallen out too. so frustrating! not to mention this was for a REAL pain in the A$$ host. lol

On the tape - there is double tape on the bottom and one strip on the top.

This is due to the fact that the boxes are made by a box machine at the start of the line and taped on the bottom.

At the end of the line there is one strip applied to the top and the bottom via a 3M 700RKS tape machine (Model 700 Random Case Sealer).

The only change in the process that might be of benefit is for them to change to a string tape in the tape machines to give it a little more support. Otherwise, most tapes when applied properly are rated to handle the contents of the box. More tape won't help much.

Often when we "think" it needs more tape, it is because the box was crushed or dented or gave way causing the gap where the tape is. It is a box construction/durability issue, not a tape issue.

...just my 2 cents worth from a process standpoint... :blushing:

I've never had a problem with the boxes being taped, sounds like a FedEx issue.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Another one to add to the list.
Wow, that's quite alot of complaints..
I never knew there was an official "list"...
UPS was great...

It's the unofficial list - everything in that thread is unofficial. ;)

Related to Fedex Delivery Disaster: Missing Items and Poor Service

What is "Another Fedex Vent!!"?

"Another Fedex Vent!!" is a popular product offered by Pampered Chef that allows you to easily prepare and cook a variety of meals using a Fedex box as a cooking vessel.

How does "Another Fedex Vent!!" work?

"Another Fedex Vent!!" comes with a set of instructions that guide you through the process of turning a Fedex box into a functional cooking device. It involves cutting and folding the box in a specific way to create a vented cooking chamber.

Is "Another Fedex Vent!!" safe to use?

Yes, "Another Fedex Vent!!" is designed to be safe for cooking. However, it is important to follow the instructions carefully and use caution when handling hot surfaces.

What types of meals can I make with "Another Fedex Vent!!"?

You can use "Another Fedex Vent!!" to cook a variety of dishes such as casseroles, roasted vegetables, and even desserts. The possibilities are endless!

Can I reuse the Fedex box after cooking with "Another Fedex Vent!!"?

Yes, you can reuse the Fedex box for cooking multiple times as long as it remains in good condition. Just be sure to clean it thoroughly after each use.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lt1jane
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • Cookin' Mama
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
Replies