• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Which Ice Cream Parlor Has the Best Mint Triangles?

In summary, all of the recipes sounded good to the expert summarizer. They all sound good, which have you tried or are your fave?
heat123
Silver Member
They all sound good, which have you tried or are your fave?

The loaded Potato Soup is marvelous. We had it at our Cluster meeting, and did it as
a Power show with each of us helping with one of the steps. It was amazing how easily the Mix and Chop got the potatoes semi mashed and mixed them into the milk. It was ready in very little time.

Grandmarita said:
The loaded Potato Soup is marvelous. We had it at our Cluster meeting, and did it as
a Power show with each of us helping with one of the steps. It was amazing how easily the Mix and Chop got the potatoes semi mashed and mixed them into the milk. It was ready in very little time.

That one was a marked recipe that I must TRY! Sounz YUMY!:D Actually all of the new recipes are marked! lol:p

we just had our cluster meeting today and had the following recipes:
loaded baked potato soup
carrot cake bites (our whatever they are called)
those mint triangle things
the ham and cheese calzone thingy
the bean and chorizo dip
they were all fantastic!!!! i am making the soup for dinner one night this week, and the calzone for breakfast this coming weekend!!!

I've made a few.Southwest Meatloaf - flavor was great! But I only had 1 pound of meat & it didn't hold its shape too well. Still tasted great but presentation was off. I think next time I'll be sure to use the full 1 1/2 - and a very lean one to reduce moisture from the fat.Ham & Cheese Calzone - seemed like a lot of work for what it was. Tasted pretty good. I don't like a whole lot of onion, so I cut the amount in half - even that was too much for me & the kids. I think next time we'll just leave the onion out completely.Carrot Cake thingies - they were great. Very easy & good. Be generous with the frosting. Oh - and when you make the frosting DO NOT use the wisk like it says. Me & a cluster-mate both made them and that was the complaint of us both. All the cream cheese/powdered sugar just goes into the center of the wisk & it's a PITB to get it out. I even bent my wisk trying to get it all out. :(Potato Soup - Good, IMO, but not awesome. But the rest of my cluster LOVED it so maybe I'm just weird. I love potatoes, but it just seemed a bit bland. Maybe with a little salt & a lot of pepper I would have loved it, too.

I just made the ravioli one (in the Season's Best) for dinner and it was a HUGE hit! I loved it and so did my hubby. Love the fresh spinach and diced tomatoes (I didn't put the jalapeno pepper in it - don't like them). :)

The next one on my list to try are the Carrot Cake Cups - YUM!

I've done both the Loaded Baked Potato Chowder and the Mini Carrot Cake Cups...
YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!

My picky-eater daughters both went back for seconds on the LBPC. We only added the chopped bacon of the optional toppings listed, used skim milk and neufchatel cheese and probably added extra cheese (We LOVE cheese in our house!). Yes, we used the salt & pepper in the recipe and it was AWESOME!

On the Mini Carrot Cake Cups, I tried it with the Cinnamon Plus instead of the allspice and I'd definitely use the julienne peeler for the carrots instead of the UM (too messy with carrot pieces flying everywhere!) The recipe for the garnish was enough to make a double recipe!

I'll try the After Dinner Mint Triangles next... What am I looking for when it calls for "fudge-covered mint cookies" (Be specific please; brand name, what the box looks like, etc.)

TrishPCMommy said:

My picky-eater daughters both went back for seconds on the LBPC. We only added the chopped bacon of the optional toppings listed, used skim milk and neufchatel cheese and probably added extra cheese (We LOVE cheese in our house!). Yes, we used the salt & pepper in the recipe and it was AWESOME!

On the Mini Carrot Cake Cups, I tried it with the Cinnamon Plus instead of the allspice and I'd definitely use the julienne peeler for the carrots instead of the UM (too messy with carrot pieces flying everywhere!) The recipe for the garnish was enough to make a double recipe!

I'll try the After Dinner Mint Triangles next... What am I looking for when it calls for "fudge-covered mint cookies" (Be specific please; brand name, what the box looks like, etc.)

a cluster mate made these today for our meeting and she said if you have girl scout thin mints those are great to use, otherwise she used the grasshopper cookies i think she said they were keebler.

TrishPCMommy said:

When I make Carrot Cake I always use the Deluxe Cheese Grater (the old one, haven't tried the new one yet for carrots) and it works awesome! It stains it a little but I just spray it with a little Clorax Clean Up spray and let it sit for a couple minutes and it cleans right off. I'll never grate carrots again!

They all sound like a must try this season! :p

TrishPCMommy said:

Pedey said:
I've made a few.

Southwest Meatloaf - flavor was great! But I only had 1 pound of meat & it didn't hold its shape too well. Still tasted great but presentation was off. I think next time I'll be sure to use the full 1 1/2 - and a very lean one to reduce moisture from the fat.

Ham & Cheese Calzone - seemed like a lot of work for what it was. Tasted pretty good. I don't like a whole lot of onion, so I cut the amount in half - even that was too much for me & the kids. I think next time we'll just leave the onion out completely.

Carrot Cake thingies - they were great. Very easy & good. Be generous with the frosting. Oh - and when you make the frosting DO NOT use the wisk like it says. Me & a cluster-mate both made them and that was the complaint of us both. All the cream cheese/powdered sugar just goes into the center of the wisk & it's a PITB to get it out. I even bent my wisk trying to get it all out. :(

Potato Soup - Good, IMO, but not awesome. But the rest of my cluster LOVED it so maybe I'm just weird. I love potatoes, but it just seemed a bit bland. Maybe with a little salt & a lot of pepper I would have loved it, too.

I used the whisk and the julienne peeler to make the carrot cakes. For the whisk you have to make sure that your cream cheese is at room temp or above. All I did to get it out was tap the top of the whisk into the bottom of the bowl. Worked great. The julienne peeler didn't work so well, maybe because I had to use a paring knife to peel them so I cut them into smaller pieces to avoid cutting myself. I might try it again with full carrots or just use the manodline.

cathyskitchen said:
I just made the ravioli one (in the Season's Best) for dinner and it was a HUGE hit! I loved it and so did my hubby. Love the fresh spinach and diced tomatoes (I didn't put the jalapeno pepper in it - don't like them). :)

The next one on my list to try are the Carrot Cake Cups - YUM!

I agree with this one too! I made the Zesty Ravioli Skillet last night (without the pepper - kids don't like the spicy so much), and it is DELICIOUS!!!

I do like really the potato soup (very easy and delicious- added some bacon/green onion and extra cheese when served) and the carrot cups too- but that's about all I've tried so far.

My favorite so far, hands down, has been the Easy Tortellini Toss. I thought the pork fried rice and the chicken fajitas were also very good.We tried the baked potato chowder at our meeting and I honestly thought it was missing something(s). I had high hopes, but it was really just ok for me (dawg). ;) I liked the carrot cakes but would cut the allspice, and the mint triangles were surprisingly tasty.

We tried a lot of these at our meeting last night.

A couple surprises for me:

**LOVED the Chowder. I think I would mash the potatoes more than what she did though, for a thicker texture to the soup.

**LOVED LOVED LOVED the Gumbo! So Good! I wanted more!

**Liked the Ravioli but didn't love it. It seemed to be missing something.

**Did not like the Chorizo dip. Not a surprise, since I don't like Chorizo.

**I made the Tasty Turkey Skillet. That was good too - I made it in the DCB, and at the same time, I made it in the Skillet for the fam for dinner. I got a good report on it from them when I came home from my meeting too. In fact, DH liked it enough to request the leftovers for his lunch today.

It worked out great both ways of making it, and even with doing both ways at the same time, it still only took 30 minutes!

The Dinner Mint Triangles were absolutely delicious, as was the Lemon Cake.

ChefBeckyD said:
We tried a lot of these at our meeting last night.

**Did not like the Chorizo dip. Not a surprise, since I don't like Chorizo.

I wanted to try this recipe and I am not familiar with Chorizo. I just assumed that it was a slightly seasoned pork sausage. What is Chorizo, can anyone describe the flavor?

Becky, do you think it would have been better with a zesty or regular pork sausage like Bob Evans?

I got put on modified bed rest this weekend and my husband has been doing the cooking. He made me the Salisbury Steaks the other night they were much better than I expected... Recommend Mashed potatoes with it!!

kam said:
I wanted to try this recipe and I am not familiar with Chorizo. I just assumed that it was a slightly seasoned pork sausage. What is Chorizo, can anyone describe the flavor?

Becky, do you think it would have been better with a zesty or regular pork sausage like Bob Evans?

Chorizo is a Latin (Hispanic) sausage (Mexican? I'm not sure specifically where it originated). It's not the same as typical breakfast or Italian sausage, although you would probably substitute Italian sausage if you don't like or can't find chorizo.

I'm working my way through the Weekday dinners cards. Last night we had the turkey tetrazzini, which was good - although I'll probably just use chicken in the future to allow me to skip the "wait at the deli counter" step.

kam said:

We always use Chorizo in our Breakfast Burritos, I was always led to believe that it's mexican sausage, cooked with eggs a lot. When we use it, we mix it with regular Bob Evans breakfast sausage and the the chorizo, and then after that's all cooked add our eggs for the burritos. No need to add any taco seasoning or anything because the Chorizo is spicey to start with. I'm not sure that I'd sub Italian with it, that would be a totally different flavor, I might go with regular ground sausage and add some taco seasoning or our Southwest seasoning to it after it cooks... Just my thoughts...

wadesgirl said:
I used the whisk and the julienne peeler to make the carrot cakes. For the whisk you have to make sure that your cream cheese is at room temp or above. All I did to get it out was tap the top of the whisk into the bottom of the bowl. Worked great. The julienne peeler didn't work so well, maybe because I had to use a paring knife to peel them so I cut them into smaller pieces to avoid cutting myself. I might try it again with full carrots or just use the manodline.

If you have our old Deluxe Cheese Grater, use that, it works great. Either cut up your carrots to that size or use the baby carrots, much better than using a regular grater, no grating your fingers off!

chefann said:
Chorizo is a Latin (Hispanic) sausage (Mexican? I'm not sure specifically where it originated). It's not the same as typical breakfast or Italian sausage, although you would probably substitute Italian sausage if you don't like or can't find chorizo.

I'm working my way through the Weekday dinners cards. Last night we had the turkey tetrazzini, which was good - although I'll probably just use chicken in the future to allow me to skip the "wait at the deli counter" step.

*Not sure what it is with Chorizo - because I LOVE Latin/Hispanic/Mexican foods of all kinds. It just always tastes bitter to me.

*I used roasted chicken breast in my Tetrazzini. Much less expensive and easier...and also a lot less processed.

Made the Mint Triangles and although I dont know that it is a good demo recipe because it doesn't use a lot of tools....they are amazingly yummy!! I substituted white chocolate with 1/4 tsp vanilla extract because I couldn't find the almond bark.

Ravioli is YUMMO! Loved it, so easy, so quick....everything could live in the pantry/freezer except the spinach---but can easily be purchased a week or so before. I don't think i would use as much spinach next time or maybe chop it up a little---too big of strands. Again, not a great demo because everything is righte over the skillet so unless you are at an island stovetop, it wouldn't work well.

We had several others at our cluster meeting tonight:

Meatloaf : I personally detest meatloaf but I may do this for my shows for Sept. As a clustermate said...it shows something other than chicken!

Carrotcake bites: Soooo good...wouldn't use UM, use peeler next time was the comment.

Ham Calzones: good! little pricey for the hostess they said but good

Sundried Tarts: the person who said this said she wouldnt do this as a demo but I cant remember why

Potato chowder: of course it was yummy but this consultant did say that she didnt stop halfway to move her potatoes because her turntable turned. but the milk then overflowed so you may need to just lift the lid for a moment to let the milk settle. And she peeled the potatoes.

Loaded Baked Potato Chowder- Yum-O!
YUMMY! Needed bacon, but yummy. Will make again, could be easily made into mashed or smashed potatoes. 27 minutes in the microwave. 22 minutes until potatoes are done. Hubby said a little bland without bacon or something.

I have tried the lemon cake and the mint triangles. I have to say the mint wins this round. but it was really close.

1. What makes these ice cream parlors stand out from the rest?

These ice cream parlors are known for their unique and delicious flavors, high-quality ingredients, and creative presentation. They also offer a variety of options such as vegan, dairy-free, and gluten-free choices.

2. Are there any must-try flavors at these ice cream parlors?

Yes, there are a few flavors that are highly recommended by customers. Some popular choices include salted caramel, cookie dough, mint chocolate chip, and strawberries and cream.

3. Do these ice cream parlors have seating areas?

Yes, most of these ice cream parlors have indoor and outdoor seating areas for customers to enjoy their treats. Some even have cozy and inviting atmospheres perfect for hanging out with friends or family.

4. Do these ice cream parlors offer any special deals or promotions?

Yes, many of these ice cream parlors have special deals and promotions throughout the year. They may offer discounts for certain days of the week or special flavors for holidays. Be sure to check their social media pages or websites for the latest updates.

5. Can I order custom ice cream cakes or treats from these parlors?

Absolutely! Many of these ice cream parlors offer the option to order custom ice cream cakes, sundaes, and other treats for special occasions. Just make sure to place your order in advance to ensure availability.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• krissichef
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
rlombas
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • pchefsharron
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies