• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Looking for a "Watermelon Ice Cream?" Recipe

In summary, to make Watermelon Ice Cream using Pampered Chef products, you will need a large mixing bowl, a hand mixer or stand mixer, a blender, and the following products: Quick Slice, Ice Cream Maker, and Silicone Ice Pop Maker. Fresh watermelon is recommended for the best flavor, and the total prep time is about 15 minutes with a freeze time of 4 hours. You can add other fruits and flavors to customize the recipe, and it can also be made without an ice cream maker by freezing the mixture in a container and stirring every 2 hours.
pamperedpals
Gold Member
Okay, ladies (& gent's) I need your help. I had a guest at my show on Friday, looking for a recipe that was like watermelon ice cream and the seeds were actually chocolate chips.

Does that ring a bell with anyone. It sound vaguely familiar to me. I think it was made in the batter bowl. I haven't had a chance to look through my recipe files from the early 90's.:eek:

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

There was something called the Watermelon Bombe. It was sherbet (lime, pineapple and raspberry), layered in the batter bowl to make a watermelon-like dessert. I don't remember what book it was in.

Actually, now that I think about it, that recipe may have been on the use and care card for the batter bowl a long time ago.

Found it!Watermelon Bombe1 quart lime sherbet
1 pint lemon or pineapple sherbet
1 1/2 to 2 quarts raspberry sherbet
chocolate chips (no qty. given on my copy)Press lime sherbet into Classic Batter Bowl, covering sides and bottom. Return to freezer until very firm.
Repeat for lemon sherbet. Freeze.
Mix a few chocolate chips into raspberry sherbet and fill cavity with it. Freeze until very firm.
Invert Batter Bowl on top of serving plate and wrap a warm, wet towel around it to loosen the sherbet. Slice in "watermelon" wedges to serve.Makes 14-16 servings.

Ha - that sounds just like the watermelon roll we buy at Friendlys!! My kids love it and its a great summer dessert !!

I didn't know that we could actually make it ourselves! Thanks Ann!

Ann

You are wonderful!

Thank you!:love: :love:

1. How do I make Watermelon Ice Cream using Pampered Chef products?

To make Watermelon Ice Cream, you will need a large mixing bowl, a hand mixer or stand mixer, a blender, and the following Pampered Chef products: Quick Slice, Ice Cream Maker, and Silicone Ice Pop Maker.

2. Can I use fresh watermelon to make this ice cream?

Yes, fresh watermelon is the best option for this recipe. Simply cut the watermelon into small chunks and freeze them before using in the recipe. This will give the ice cream a more natural and refreshing flavor.

3. How long does it take to make Watermelon Ice Cream using Pampered Chef products?

The total prep time for this recipe is about 15 minutes, and the ice cream will need to freeze for at least 4 hours before serving. So in total, it will take about 4 hours and 15 minutes to make this delicious treat.

4. Can I add other fruits or flavors to the Watermelon Ice Cream?

Yes, you can definitely experiment with different flavors and fruits to customize your Watermelon Ice Cream. Some popular additions include strawberries, mint, and lime juice for a refreshing twist.

5. Can I make this recipe without an ice cream maker?

While an ice cream maker will give you the creamiest texture, you can still make this recipe without one. Simply follow the same steps but instead of pouring the mixture into the ice cream maker, pour it into a freezer-safe container and freeze for 6-8 hours, stirring every 2 hours to prevent ice crystals from forming.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pc ri lisa
Replies
Views
schel
  • pamperedmomto3
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
rlombas