• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Family Tragedy...prayers Needed

In summary, a terrible tragedy has occurred involving a 4-year-old boy named Henry William Berlin who was accidentally struck by a bat while playing with his sister. The family is struggling to cope with the loss and the community is coming together to offer prayers and support. This unfortunate incident serves as a reminder to always be vigilant when children are playing around potentially dangerous objects.
erinb
Gold Member
Hey all, I was wondering if some of you could say a prayer for Henry William Berlin and his family. This is such a horrible tragedy and the family is having a terrible time dealing with it.

Here is a link to the story:

http://www.wlky.com/news/16962127/detail.html

What an awful accident. I will be praying for their whole family.

Oh my! That is sad!

OK, tangent time...
...I play softball every week and there is a mother there with her little terrors who try to pick up my bats and swing them. He almost hit my child in the head with one of mine. I politely asked for it back from the child and asked him to please go play away and not touch the bats. The mom wasn't happy with me and said, "let boys be boys".

Note this same mother was DISCIPLINING my daughter Monday night for telling a kid to stop hitting another kid without saying please and asking her nicely to stop! I don't have perfect kids (Beth saw them a little wound up, but they are VERY good and know when to say please!)

After this I am THANKFUL to have stopped the boy from swinging my bat before a freak accident like that happened. :cry:

I will certainly pray for them. My grandson is almost 2 and I can't imagine that happening. I sometimes wonder where parents' brains are when they just ignore dangerous situations.

pcchefjane said:
I will certainly pray for them. My grandson is almost 2 and I can't imagine that happening. I sometimes wonder where parents' brains are when they just ignore dangerous situations.

My case was a parent not paying attention, in this tragedy, I'm sure the girl was just swinging a bat and the kid got too close without anyone realizing.

It was a horrible accident I'm sure!

Prayers for the family.....

I will be praying for this family - how sad.

We had a 22 month old die in our town last weekend. They were having a company picnic at the Grandparents house. He ended up drowning in the pool. Others were swimming at the time, but nobody saw him.

The family has a very strong faith. The father was quoted in the nespaper saying they will always be thankful to God for the time they had with him, but God must have another plan for him. I was amazed. I'm sorry to say I'm afraid my faith would not be so strong especially less then 24 hours later.

Again, my prayers are with this family.

janetupnorth said:
My case was a parent not paying attention, in this tragedy, I'm sure the girl was just swinging a bat and the kid got too close without anyone realizing.

It was a horrible accident I'm sure!

That is what happened. I'm not sure if you saw in the article that it was his 4 year old sister swinging the bat. So, so sad.

How tragic. The family will be in my prayers.

Prayers said.... how sad.

1. What is the purpose of the "Family Tragedy...prayers Needed" event?

The purpose of this event is to come together as a community and offer support and prayers for a family who is going through a difficult time. It is a way to show love and compassion towards those who are facing a family tragedy.

2. How can I participate in the "Family Tragedy...prayers Needed" event?

You can participate in this event by attending the scheduled gathering, offering words of encouragement and support to the family, and joining in the prayers for their well-being and healing. You can also contribute by bringing a dish or making a donation to the family, if desired.

3. Can I bring my children to the "Family Tragedy...prayers Needed" event?

Yes, children are welcome to attend this event. However, please consider the nature of the event and the family's feelings when deciding if it is appropriate for your child to attend.

4. Will there be any activities or games at the "Family Tragedy...prayers Needed" event?

No, this event is solely focused on offering support and prayers for the family. There will not be any planned activities or games.

5. Is there a specific dress code for the "Family Tragedy...prayers Needed" event?

There is no specific dress code for this event. We encourage attendees to dress comfortably and respectfully. You may also consider wearing something in the family's favorite color or a symbol of support, such as a ribbon or bracelet.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedlinda
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • pamperedpals
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
smspamperedchef
  • wadesgirl