• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Fall Training: Is It Mandatory? - Jess's Question

In summary, The person writing this summary thinks that the trainings are optional, but highly encouraged. They live close to one of the meeting locations, but are hesitant to travel because of the traffic. They think that their director should loosen up and stop making the person feel guilty about not attending meetings.
PamperedJess
Hello Everyone

I have a question...I just got the schedule from my director for the Fall training. Is this something that is mandatory? I work a "very" full time job The training site is about 40 minutes from my house and it's during the work week. If there are tele classes or online classes I could do those but this will be difficult to get to.

Thanks
Jess

If your training is like the Fall Kickoff that my cluster is doing this weekend, then No I don't think it is mandatory. My Director/Recruiter has never told me that any of the trainings or meetings are mandatory.

There are no mandatory meetings with Pampered Chef. It is highly encouraged that you go to meetings and training. It is proven that those that attend meetings are the most successful but if you are a self-starter and use teleclasses and read the literature given you and read sites like this one you can do just as well. This is not a substitute for a real meeting by any means. The excitement and feelings you get from being at a meeting with your peers is much better. Directors often do not give awards and recognition to those that can't make the meeting. But don't feel that you must go to a meeting or you'll lose your position with our company if you don't go.

I understand that it's better to go to the meetings but I really can't because of my job. Plus I really don't want to travel 40 minutes. I live in the Baltimore area and traffic is horrible where this meeting is going to be held. My Director makes me feel very guilty about not being able to attend. She has also asked me to leave my job to go to PC parties with her.

PamperedJess said:
I understand that it's better to go to the meetings but I really can't because of my job. Plus I really don't want to travel 40 minutes. I live in the Baltimore area and traffic is horrible where this meeting is going to be held. My Director makes me feel very guilty about not being able to attend. She has also asked me to leave my job to go to PC parties with her.
I don't think so! Personally, I think she should loosen up. She needs to understand that while PC may be her entire life - it is not everyone elses. You have to do what works for YOU! One of the benefits of this job is that you can work it around your life - I guess she just forgot that.

It is true though that you MUST prioritize and make time for training. Mark your other committments on the calendar in ink and then the PC things that you CAN do in ink and then schedule other activities that are flexible around those things. Show your director your MUST BE AT or MUST DO calendar and that you ARE doing tele-classes and other training. Hopefully she'll more understand you then.

Thanks so much for the advice. I really wish that my Director felt the same way. Everyone on this board is so helpful.

I'm sorry to hear that your Director is a little too pushy when it comes to meeting attendance. But remember, THIS IS YOUR BUSINESS. YOU are the boss. You schedule your hours. You choose when you are available for phone calls, email forums, tele-classes, literature reads, and meetings. That is truly the beauty of Pampered Chef. Meetings are only mandatory if YOU decide it's mandatory that YOU attend.

Talk to your Director though. Be honest that you have many other priorities in your life and 40 minutes is simply too far for you to drive on whatever night. Perhaps, if you would like to attend a meeting, you could offer to host a cluster meeting at your house. For our cluster meetings, each of us take turns volunteering to open our home for the meeting. This way, it's never further for one person to drive than another. Also, find a PC-Pal in your cluster. Perhaps ya'll can carpool periodically when you are interested in attending the meetings. If she goes when you don't, then perhaps she'll share some of the things you learn.

I must admit, the meetings are a WONDERFUL source of information to help you succeed. But if your schedule does not permit you to attend - don't. And, certainly don't feel guilty about it!

Ditto!Great suggestions Rita. I must admit when I was reading through Beth's response I had it in my head that it was out of the question to miss the meeting. But you are right, it is HER business and she gets to decide at what level she will be involved. Thanks for the wake up, Beth!

I'm with you all the way Rita. I've heard of consultants in other business make the same coment on how pushy their group leader is and that is a big turn off for anyone. It is our own business and we need to priortize the best we can. I try to make my meetings because they do keep you up to date and focused on my Goals. I would not have continued if I wasn't going to these meeting (in my opinion). I may miss some, but I have meetings 10 minutes away. I do have opportuinties to go to demo meetings, but don't because of the schedule, mine and my girls and my husband's,plus if they are a distance it makes it that much harder. I wonder if there is a hospitality director closer to you that you would be able to attend that meeting. We have another senior in our area and if I cann't make it to my meeting I go to the other cluster meeting. They do help with so many good ideas. Good luck and were here for you if you have any questions about the new season! :)

PamperedJess said:
Hello Everyone

I have a question...I just got the schedule from my director for the Fall training. Is this something that is mandatory? I work a "very" full time job The training site is about 40 minutes from my house and it's during the work week. If there are tele classes or online classes I could do those but this will be difficult to get to.

Thanks
Jess
Hey Jess,
I'm from MD to where is your meeting at? and are you talking about the Team Training Meeting? :eek:

Hi Doris

I'm in Elkridge and the Fall training is in White Marsh. I work in Columbia until 6 or even 6:30 some nights.

Hi I just wanted to reply to the posts about going to the meetings. My director/recruitor lives over an hour away from me. She ususally holds her meetings on a monday evening at 6:00. My husband works until 4:30 and doesnt get home until 5. so i havent been able to go to any meetings yet. i feel bad because i want to go....but if i go without my husband i will have to take 3 kids with me. and my husband doesnt like me to drive that far alone since i am not familiar with the area. what am i missing at these meetings? what are they all about? my director doesnt make me feel guilty i guess i makemyself feel guilty. i am still new at this and want to make this as successful as god allows me to. thanks for any responses.

Monica Sweet #443345
Kitchen Consultant
[email protected]

I am also new and really have no idea what they go over. You shouldn't feel guilty at all. Sounds like you have another full time job as well with your kids.

The team or cluster (same thing) meetings are a chance to network with other consultants and to build excitement about your business.

We cover announcements and make sure that everyone knows what's being offered. We give recognition to consultants who have achieved in the last month. We do training on specific subjects. I try to do something on booking and recruiting at every meeting. We also touch on anything else that is on the minds of those who are attending the meething. We also do a recipe demo.

Hope this helps.

There are so many more benefits to going to meetings than any of us can fully describe. For me, they help me stay motivated with recognition of others and myself. They help me set personal goals that I may not have otherwise set if I was not challenged by someone elses accomplishments. My business has grown by leaps and bounds since I started attending meetings.

Every Director has their own style with which they do their meetings so it is so hard to say what yours may contain. For me, it is more about networking than actual context of training.

I have heard so many times that there is a milage limit for Hospitality Directors. I have a hard time with this concept. In a case like yours, I still think that you should ask your Director if she knows of another Director closer to you that would be willing to accept you into their cluster. I know for me, the more the merrier and anyone will be welcome. I think this is the way that most of us feel. I know that my upline would be more than willing to help me out if I had someone who was unable to drive to me and I am sure that your cluster would be the same. Ask her. Once you find one, you will be glad you did.

(To tell you how important meetings are to me: A few months ago I had a fire in my kitchen. I was suppose to go to my cluster meeting that night. When my husband walked in the door, my house was still full of smoke and fire extinguisher dust. I called his cell phone to let him know what he would be walking into and when he walked through the door, I headed to my meeting. :eek: I am not sure after that what would make me miss one. LOL)

My director always says, "Training is optional, but so is success." Yes, you do get a lot of support, recognition, and information from cluster meetings, which is helpful in making your business succeed, but, you can also get that same support and information from great sites like this. So, if your meetings are far away, don't feel guilty about not being able to attend. You can still be a successful PC consultant without ever even attending a meeting.

thanks for the responds....as far as there being another director around....she is is the closest one to me. i am the only consultant in my area for about an hour to an hour and a half in all directions. not sure how far away exactly but so far i havent found anyone else. i read this site faithfully everyday and i have found tons of encouragement, tips, recipes, flyers and invitations. i was really discouraged and ready to give in a couple weeks ago and then i found this site and a week later i went did the best show i have ever done. i think of this site as a daily team meeting!! :D we are all a team right??

Monica Sweet 443345
Kitchen Consultant
Houston, Ms.
[email protected]

I am also on her daily and get a lot of encourgagement from this site. Thanks to everyone.

I love training!I think what I appreciated most about monthly meetings before I started having my own was the recognition. I love the claps and pats on the back!

Since I have promoted to Director I have my own training and I LOVE IT! We always have a recipe demo which is great to see, no matter how many times! The connections with other people. Time to socialize and chat about recipes! THIS MONTH is going to be great cause we are all making the DIM SUM's and product playtime.

I wouldn't miss it for anything. I have mine marked in my calender 6 months ahead of time in ink and I will always attend them, they motivate me and people inspire me!

Here's a line for you all to think about. If you have had a GREAT month than the meeting needs you, if you have had a horrible month than YOU need the meeting!

Laurie

I understand your concerns Jess. Seeing how everyones lives are so busy, perhaps your director should take a quick survey of the KCs and find would be a good day of the week to hold these meetings. I must admit, holding them during the week, especially if not in the evening, would be very inconvenient.

1. Is Fall Training mandatory for all Pampered Chef consultants?

Yes, Fall Training is mandatory for all Pampered Chef consultants. It is an important event that provides valuable information and training for consultants to be successful in their business.

2. When and where will Fall Training take place?

The dates and locations for Fall Training vary each year. You can find the specific information on the Pampered Chef website or by contacting your team leader.

3. What can I expect to learn at Fall Training?

Fall Training covers a variety of topics including new product releases, sales strategies, and business best practices. You will also have the opportunity to network with other consultants and learn from their experiences.

4. Is there a cost to attend Fall Training?

There is typically a registration fee to attend Fall Training. However, this fee is often waived for consultants who meet certain sales goals or have been with Pampered Chef for a certain amount of time.

5. Can I bring a guest to Fall Training?

Guests are not typically allowed at Fall Training as it is an event specifically for consultants. However, some team leaders may allow guests on a case-by-case basis. It is best to check with your team leader for their specific policy.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PamperedJess
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • ChefJoyJ
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Wildfire
Replies