1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Extra in your delivery?

1. Oklabell

Oklabell Member

Almost all of my orders that have been to my house have something extraonly 3 so far. My first order was all messed up and I called my recuitered and she handled it and just told me to keep the extra safe cutter.
    My supply order came with an extra pack of catalogs so I was thinking maybe you get one free but today my 2nd supply order came with a jar of Cinnamin (sp?)
    I know they just didn't say here lets send her this. What do I do? Keep it? Return it? If I am doing something wrong I will feel bad but so far it is only small items that do not seem worth the time to shipback.

Thanks

Aug 9, 2008
  2. redsoxgirl

redsoxgirl Veteran Member

I'd call HO and let them know. They'll tell you what to do.

Aug 9, 2008
  3. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

You do a product adjustment on it....you can do this online at Consultants Corner.

Usually, if it's something small, they will just tell you to keep it. If it's something larger - they may send a call tag for it to ship it back.

It's important to do this, even if it's something small and you know they will just say to keep it, for a few reasons:

1. It allows HO to adjust their inventory and keep it accurate
    2. It lets them know of mistakes in shipping so they can correct it and get better at it!
    2. It's the right thing to do.

Aug 9, 2008
  4. Oklabell

Oklabell Member

I just did an adjustment. Do they email me to tell me what to do?

Aug 9, 2008
  5. ChefBeckyD

Yes, you will get an email!

Aug 9, 2008
  6. Oklabell

Oklabell Member

Thank you so much for your help!!!!

Aug 9, 2008
  7. ChefBeckyD

No problem - glad I could help!

Aug 9, 2008
  8. KellyTheChef

KellyTheChef Legend Member Gold Member

This has happened to me a few times...and yes, I would call. Smaller thing normally cost more than they are worth for them to pay to pick them back up, so they will usually say to keep it. It's kinda nice when that happens, but I realize they need to fix those types of things cuz it certainly cuts into our (PC as a whole company) overhead!

Aug 9, 2008
  9. pamperedharriet

pamperedharriet Legacy Member

Do let them know as everyone stated above. It just might be something that someone else is missing and could end up being a bigger problem down the road if they don't check it out. Depending on what the size is, etc they usually let you keep it but if it is something they feel is worth shipping back they will send a label for it.

10. jesusluvsu2005

jesusluvsu2005 Member

When I called about a few extras my host received the other day, the lady told me that if it's under $25 they just tell them to keep it. These items did total more than that so they went ahead and sent a label for them.
    God bless,
    Amanda

11. jesusluvsu2005

jesusluvsu2005 Member

I did want to add that you should still submit the adjustment just so they are aware where the product went. But most likely if it's under $25 value they're going to say to keep it.

12. kspry

kspry Advanced Member

One of my customers did an adjustemtn for a small batter bowl. For some reason, they sent 2 replacements. I called and HO said for her to just keep the 2nd one.

I call both ways, whether the order is short or long....

Aug 9, 2008
  13. pampered.chris

pampered.chris Veteran Member Gold Member

I had a hostess get 3 of her Professional cookware peices replaced and PC sent her a chillzanne sectional server and not her cookware. she called me up all confused and laughing. She found the slip inside and it was to go to Canada to someone there. I called HO and they sent a pick up slip for her and sent out her cookware ASAP!! She had her cookware 2 days later!!
    It was funny b/c I asked the rep at HO if I should contact the consultant and she said well no they will call b/c this isn't what they wanted...I didn't think before I said, but this girl is getting 3 peices of cookware, why would she call!! LOL...the HO lady laughed and laughed...
    It may have been a "had to be there" moment, but it was funny!!

14. I have had a few mispacked orders lately. Yesterday, my neighbor/July host's pack did not have grilling gift pack but had the caramel sprinkles. Today my supply order was missing the pack of F/W Season's Best and 2 sets of recipe cards. My host from June had the wrong cookbook. So, 3 out of the last 4 orders had something wrong. I really hate to call HO on Monday but I really wanted my recipe cards for the open house I am having Thursday. Luckily, all of the HO reps have been great to talk with.

Aug 9, 2008
  15. Kitchen Diva

Kitchen Diva Legend Member Gold Member

This happened to me several times and I was told to keep the items... I even told them I didn't feel right about that, and they insisted- so I gave the items away as host gifts! :)

Have something to add?