• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Expressing Sadness for the Cancellation of Jerecho: A Fan's Perspective

In summary, everyone is sad that Jehercho has been canceled, but is hopeful that it will be resurrected on cable.
schel
Anyone else sad that Jehercho is been canceled?
We are. I wish they did not base on Neilson ratings. Obviously those Neilson boxes are in the wrong homes!

Schel :(

I've never watched it, but all I could think when I saw this was...

"Joshua fit the battle of Jericho and the walls came tumblin' down!" :sing: :sing:

That's terrible my husband isn't going to be happy! When did this come about?

If it is, in fact, that good of a show, it will pop back up on cable. Look at a program like Monk. It started out on ABC, crashed and burned, resurfaced on cable's USA network and became wildly popular. It's finding its way back to network television on NBC.JAG was popular, but not popular enough, on NBC and got canceled. CBS picked it up, repackaged it by replacing the blonde female lead with a brunette, and ran it for eight more years. So you never know.

I read that they are shopping it to other networks (Sci-Fi).... my DH just started watching the re-runs and is getting caught up on this, so he hopes it is resurrected somewhere.

<sigh> I miss JAG. My daughter's name is Sarah McKenzie.... (not intentional, but not coincidental either....)

The writers and producers of JAG came to the realization that they were out of ideas, and starting to recycle concepts. They, thankfully, ended it rather than milk the cash cow with more seasons of dreck, as was done with M*A*S*H.(If that wasn't bad enough, they tried to keep the cash cow going with more dreck, called After M*A*S*H that died almost immediately.)

JerichoI absolutely love Jericho!!

I am so glad that they agreed to do 7 more episodes to wrap things up. And they were so good. Part of the goodness was that things weren't dragged out like a regular series, the only had 7 shows and had to fit everything in.
It was so exciting and heartbreaking, etc. I like the way they wrapped things up. It made an ending but did leave enough if it is picked up again on cable.

I really hope it is picked up again.

I'm still in mourning over the fact that Bionic Woman has been cancelled and is never coming back. That show rocked! And unlike the one from the 70's didn't have Lindsey Wagner (thank heaven) AND didn't involve one horse robbery or evil ranch owner like the original.

:(Darn writer's strike! Took all my good shows away! (sniffle)

I totally forgot about the new bionic woman...I was watching it a bit to see if it'd turn into anything good...I personally still miss the Dukes of Hazzard, M.A.S.H., Airwolf, all those shows...

janetupnorth said:
I totally forgot about the new bionic woman...I was watching it a bit to see if it'd turn into anything good...

I personally still miss the Dukes of Hazzard, M.A.S.H., Airwolf, all those shows...

I don't remember Airwolf. I liked Night Hawk with Rex Smith, Knight Rider, Dukes of Hazzard- the original, and The Million Dollar Man. I personally liked the new Bionic Woman...there's just something about a chick wearing Hoochie Mama boots and saving the world by clobbering one bad guy at a time! :) hee-hee

By the way, our one dog is names Sinjin who was the lost brother in Airwolf...

janetupnorth said:
I totally forgot about the new bionic woman...I was watching it a bit to see if it'd turn into anything good...

I personally still miss the Dukes of Hazzard, M.A.S.H., Airwolf, all those shows...

WOW!!! Airwolf!! Blue Thunder!! :D :cool:

Soooooooooooooo sorry...didnt mean to high jack. DH & I are HOPING SOMEONE picks it up! Seems like regular shows are going down fast to make room for MORE reality shows....:grumpy:

So, that was the last episode?? I'm bummed. I have been watching too, but obviosly not following it online. OH well, there will be something new and exciting soon, I'm sure.

KaryCam said:
I absolutely love Jericho!!

I am so glad that they agreed to do 7 more episodes to wrap things up. And they were so good. Part of the goodness was that things weren't dragged out like a regular series, the only had 7 shows and had to fit everything in.
It was so exciting and heartbreaking, etc. I like the way they wrapped things up.
It made an ending but did leave enough if it is picked up again on cable.

I really hope it is picked up again.

I am a LOSTIE (meaning that everything else stops when LOST is on at my house!) and one of the things that I really like is that there is a specific end date. I know it won't drag on forever, and that there is a plan for future story lines to wrap everything up and bring it to conclusion....so the things that I am watching and that are being revealed on the show now, actually mean something. I'll be sad when it's over - I've never had a television show that captivated me like LOST - but I'm glad that the ending will be a real end to the story, not just a quick ending because it was canceled, or because the writers couldn't think of anything new to write.

Never watched Jericho. Sorry it was cancelled. I hate it when that happens.

I like LOST, too, but when will there be a new episode? We were going to watch it last night but we saw that one. Then the T.V. listings said Gray's Anatomy was on and it wasn't. So I watched the last episode of Celebrity Apprentice. I like that show too, but I haven't watched it since LOST started up again.

I am bummed they cancelled Journeyman. There was more story to be told there.... and Kevin McKidd is easy on the eyes :)

Did y'all see the Knight Rider movie that was on earlier this month? I hope they make it into a series.... though it's not quite the same without David Hasselhoff.

JAE said:
Never watched Jericho. Sorry it was cancelled. I hate it when that happens.

I like LOST, too, but when will there be a new episode? We were going to watch it last night but we saw that one. Then the T.V. listings said Gray's Anatomy was on and it wasn't. So I watched the last episode of Celebrity Apprentice. I like that show too, but I haven't watched it since LOST started up again.

Last week was the last of the 8 LOST episodes that they finished before the writers strike. They are filming 5 more episodes right now to finish out the season - and I think they are going to be ready some time in April.....but it's going to be moving to 10pm, because Gray's is moving back to the 9pm slot.

janetupnorth said:
Here you go:
Airwolf - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

...and it made me remember watching Blue Thunder too!
Yeah, in 1984 I was a wee 12 years old, so I'm gonna guess my Mom didn't let us watch that show. It doesn't look familiar. We weren't allowed to watch Love Boat, Fantasy Island, and quite a few other shows...

I think they said the next new LOST episode was going to air the last week of April.

PampChefJoy said:
I am bummed they cancelled Journeyman. There was more story to be told there.... and Kevin McKidd is easy on the eyes :)

Did y'all see the Knight Rider movie that was on earlier this month? I hope they make it into a series.... though it's not quite the same without David Hasselhoff.
A vast improvement, actually. Justin Bruening can actually act.

There are plans to make it into a series. Of course, no one could do the voice of KITT as well as William Daniels did it, but he's getting a little long in the tooth (as is Hasselhoff.) But Val Kilmer? Somehow, I have a feeling Kilmer will not be the voice of KITT for the series, but we'll see. (William Daniels is 81 years old but still working. He's still probably best known for his VO work, as Mr. Feeny from Boy Meets World and as Dr. Craig in St. Elsewhere, but to me, he will always be the epitome of John Adams.)

Edward Mulhare (Devon Miles) is dead.

Not to mention, that Mustang is a lot hotter than the old Firebird.

I don't know. Last show of Jehircho seemed like they left it open. I didn't see any wrap up. So hopefully another station will pick it up. Stupid CBS!!!!!
Schel

Kitchen Diva said:
Yeah, in 1984 I was a wee 12 years old, so I'm gonna guess my Mom didn't let us watch that show. It doesn't look familiar. We weren't allowed to watch Love Boat, Fantasy Island, and quite a few other shows...
You really didn't miss much.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
You really didn't miss much.

Not a fan huh?
Schel

Related to Expressing Sadness for the Cancellation of Jerecho: A Fan's Perspective

1. What led to the cancellation of Jerecho?

The cancellation of Jerecho was due to declining viewership and low ratings. Despite its loyal fan base, the show did not attract enough viewers to justify its production costs.

2. Will there be any future plans to bring back Jerecho?

At this time, there are no plans to bring back Jerecho. However, the creators and network are open to the possibility of a reboot or spin-off in the future if there is enough interest and support from fans.

3. How can I express my sadness and disappointment about the cancellation?

You can share your thoughts and feelings on social media using hashtags such as #SaveJerecho or #BringBackJerecho. You can also write to the network expressing your disappointment and requesting for the show to be renewed.

4. What will happen to the remaining unaired episodes of Jerecho?

Unfortunately, the remaining unaired episodes will not be released. However, you can still enjoy the episodes that have already aired through streaming platforms or purchasing the DVD set.

5. As a fan, how can I support the cast and crew of Jerecho?

You can continue to show your support for the cast and crew by following their future projects and engaging with them on social media. You can also purchase merchandise or attend events featuring the actors to show your support and appreciation for their work.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
janetupnorth
Replies
Views
ChefCKHall
  • thechefofnorthbend
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
thechefofnorthbend