• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Anyone Staying at the Embassy Suites Chicago - Downtown????

In summary, a group of 8 people are staying at a hotel near the Sheraton for a conference. They got a good rate and don't mind the walk to the shuttle. Some of them may take a cab instead. They also consider using the subway, but ultimately decide to walk or take a cab. One person recommends trying the fried macaroni and cheese at the nearby Cheesecake Factory.
Tracie
Gold Member
Yeah, I know it's not the closer Embassy. :yuck: That was realized after we purchased but we did get a good rate. Just wondering if anyone else is staying there too????:)

8 of us are staying there from my team and my director's team. We got a great rate too, and all of us agreed that the walk wouldn't be that bad to the shuttle. Plus - with our evenings free, we're still really close to restaurants, etc...

Those are good prices! I'll give you that, but quite a walk. (have a bag on wheels! because at the end of the day, I'd be dead tired) and good walking shoes! ;) Worse case one night, you guys share a cab. Get off the shuttle and hail a cab from the hotel to the couple of blocks the rest of the way. You still are saving money.

I think we plan on sharing a cab. 2 of the ladies I'm going with aren't really up for walking to far. It's 4 of us, depending how far it really is me & another gail may walk. We did a LOT of walking one of the days last time. We will see. At least we found out when we did, how far it is.
If there is a bunch of us, I wonder if we should share a shuttle......

Isn't that right by the Sheraton?

angel7581 said:
Isn't that right by the Sheraton?

There IS one right by the Sheraton, only this one isn't it. :D

The prices were a lot better at this one. Under $100 for each of us for 3 nights.

You might consider looking at the subway map to see if it benefits you to hop a train to catch the shuttle. ;)

You can get a 3 day CTA pass for $14. That can take you to all your shopping, dinner, and conference hotels.

Sheila said:
You might consider looking at the subway map to see if it benefits you to hop a train to catch the shuttle. ;)

We've all decided we'll walk. We all like to walk - and personally, although alot of people talk about the excessive walking at conference, I've never felt that it was bad. We do a TON more sitting than walking! (It's a half mile walk to the shuttle. So one mile a day, besides what we'll do at McCormick and any other fun stuff we want to do - I don't think that's too much.)

I really don't care for the public transport system in Chicago. (can't call it a subway since it's above ground) If given the choice, I'll walk every time. Or take a cab. The buses aren't too bad either.

angel7581 said:
You can get a 3 day CTA pass for $14. That can take you to all your shopping, dinner, and conference hotels.

We were going to do that last year, because we stayed at McCormick - but we ended up either walking, or taking a cab. It turned out sharing a cab was cheaper than the $14 for each of us to buy a pass.

Hopefully, weather is cooperative and as gorgeous this year as it was last year! (except that one day). If it's hot and muggy, uggh. I'm sorry. :)

Walking is good too. We usually walk from the Hilton to Water Tower Place (Cheesecake Factory).

angel7581 said:
Walking is good too. We usually walk from the Hilton to Water Tower Place (Cheesecake Factory).

I don't mean to hijack this thread, but seeing Cheesecake Factory made me do it. Have any of you had the fried macaroni and cheese? To die for!!! We just had it last month and all I can say is that it's a good thing the closest restaurant is 250 miles away :D

cochef said:
I don't mean to hijack this thread, but seeing Cheesecake Factory made me do it. Have any of you had the fried macaroni and cheese? To die for!!! We just had it last month and all I can say is that it's a good thing the closest restaurant is 250 miles away :D

I love their lettuce wraps...can't get past ordering them....they are sooo good. I dream of them!

1. What amenities are included in the stay at Embassy Suites Chicago - Downtown?

The amenities included in your stay at Embassy Suites Chicago - Downtown are complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast, evening reception with snacks and drinks, access to the fitness center and pool, and high-speed internet.

2. Is parking available at the hotel?

Yes, the hotel offers valet parking for an additional fee. Self-parking is not available.

3. Are there any restaurants or dining options at the hotel?

Yes, the hotel has an on-site restaurant, The E Bar, which offers American cuisine for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. There is also room service available for your convenience.

4. Is the hotel pet-friendly?

Unfortunately, the hotel does not allow pets. However, service animals are welcome.

5. What is the check-in and check-out time at Embassy Suites Chicago - Downtown?

Check-in time is at 4:00 PM, and check-out time is at 12:00 PM.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
Replies
Views
nikked
  • ChefBeckyD
  • General Chat
Replies