• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Exploring the Benefits of Essential Oils for Wellness

In summary, Trish in Texas says that she uses peppermint oil for headaches, motion sickness, and healing ingrown toenails. She also mentions that she uses a variety of quality essential oils, including lavendar and lemon. She recommends a detoxification method called the Cellular Cleanse, and recommends feverfew for migraines.
Hi,
Does anyone use essential oils instead of taking medicine?

I use some essential oils here and there, but not INSTEAD of taking medicine.

Peppermint - great for headaches and motion sickness...oh, and healing ingrown toenails!

Put a little lavendar on the pillowcases to help fall asleep...

I use a few and make bath salts.

I have both those and some others too. I was just curious if someone is using them, because they're were fed up with medicine. I'm weaning myself off my Topamax for my migraines. I couldn't stand the side effects any more. I met a RN who is into Aromatherpy to the 9th degree and she custom blended some ols for me. I'm trying them and hope they work.

I use a oils and herbs for most of my medicinal needs.
Just make sure the oils you use are good quality oils, nothing cheap. Cheap oils can do more harm than good. How are you applying the e.o?

Janet,

How do you heal ingrown toenails with peppermint?

Trish in Texas
Future Director

No, they aren't cheap. They are Young Living. I apply them by inhaling them, and rubbing onto the area that bothers me.

I have heard of young living oils, I personally use oils from mountain rose herbs, Gaia, Aura Cacia. They maybe cheaper and the quality just as good or better (in my opinion). There are other brands out there that are really good. I would recommend you research alot.
Do you apply the oils "neat" (oils directly onto the skin?) or do you dilute them with other carrier oils?

Rebeccascabinet said:
I have heard of young living oils, I personally use oils from mountain rose herbs, Gaia, Aura Cacia. They maybe cheaper and the quality just as good or better (in my opinion). There are other brands out there that are really good. I would recommend you research alot.
Do you apply the oils "neat" (oils directly onto the skin?) or do you dilute them with other carrier oils?

I apply them "neat."

How are they helping you with the migraines?

So far so good, but I really won't know until I'm completely off my Topamax.

Essential Oil?Castrol 5W-30 - it's the only oil that goes in the Katillac.

My twin sister (who is going to San Fran with me) has a body and day spa. They are HUGE into the essential oils. My favorites are the lavendar and the lemon. I am not a big pill popper, so thankfully she sends me whatever she thinks I need. She is going to be coming here before the trip, and we are going to have an essential oils get together!

Have you ever tried the Cellular Cleanse? LOVE that thing. It sucks the toxins from your body, and you can actually SEE what is being pulled out. Blue flex are the hard minerals, etc. Everyones water comes out different. My dad works with wood. When we sat with him, the water and the whole shop smelled like cut lumber. It was crazy!

I haven't thought about a cleanser, but that might be a good idea. My older sister just started getting into oils too for acid reflex issues and she drank something to detox her system. I wonder if that would help my body with my migraines.

If you do decide to detox your system, I know of a fantastic product that is one of the best out there. PM me and I'll give you the website.

Also, the herb, Feverfew is great for migraines. PM me and I can give you some info on it.

Trish1953 said:
Janet,

How do you heal ingrown toenails with peppermint?

Trish in Texas
Future Director

The massage therapist around here just rubbed it into the toe...it will help heal any infection starting from the toenail digging in...I guess I should clarify that it won't "retract" the nail back where it should be, but it cleared up my toe faster than anything!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Essential Oil?

Castrol 5W-30 - it's the only oil that goes in the Katillac.

That would send my hubby to the hospital! He was there last week just from touching a few drops of gasoline!

Related to Exploring the Benefits of Essential Oils for Wellness

1. What are essential oils?

Essential oils are highly concentrated plant extracts that are derived from various parts of plants such as leaves, flowers, and roots. These oils contain the natural scent and flavor of the plant and are known for their therapeutic benefits.

2. How are essential oils used for wellness?

Essential oils can be used in a variety of ways to promote wellness. They can be inhaled through aromatherapy, applied topically to the skin, or ingested in small amounts. Each method provides different benefits and can be tailored to suit individual needs.

3. What are the benefits of using essential oils for wellness?

Using essential oils for wellness can have a variety of benefits, including reducing stress and anxiety, improving sleep, boosting immunity, and relieving pain and inflammation. They can also be used for skincare, haircare, and natural cleaning solutions.

4. Are essential oils safe to use?

When used properly, essential oils are generally safe for most people. However, it is important to always dilute them with a carrier oil before applying to the skin and to do a patch test first. Some oils may also interact with certain medications, so it is important to consult with a healthcare professional before use.

5. How do I choose the right essential oils for my needs?

Choosing the right essential oils depends on your specific needs and preferences. It is important to research the different properties and benefits of each oil and to choose high-quality, pure oils from a reputable source. You can also consult with a certified aromatherapist for personalized recommendations.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
jwpamp
  • Patrick O'Sullivan
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • blushy4u
  • General Chat
Replies