• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Expert Tips for Perfect Grilled Pizza Crust | Easy Guide

In summary, to make a 6 minute pizza using a premade crust, you would spray the side going down towards the flames with oil or Pam, place the dough on the grill with the flame on medium or with coal indirectly over the flames, close the BBQ lid for about 3 minutes, remove the pizza crust from the grill, spray the top side, top with whatever you
Amanda Woods
Is there something special I need to do to the crust?

There is a recipe in the Spring/Summer catalog. It might help you.

Amanda, what kind of crust will you use? That catalog recipe is on page 11 and calls for a small box of pizza crust mix. I am thinking it would be like the small Jiffy cake mixes.

Anyway - with a wetter dough like that, it says to sprinkle corn meal on whatever you roll it out onto. The cornmeal keeps it from being sticky. Personally, I would not buy cornmeal just for this purpose. You could just use extra flour. I always have flour on hand, but not corn meal.

edit - Welcome to Chef Success! I just realized you have 2 posts. Ask away, this place is great for getting answers! I have gotten lots of good ideas here.

Hi all! :) Can this be done in the oven too? I know the point is to AVOID the oven, but I don't think my host has a grill available. Just wondering :)

I made it Monday with a Jiffy mix and had to use extra flour and didn't flip well. Next time I will use the premade crust, would be a lot easier

We made this at our training and I also made it with my kids just last night.
1. Buy/make pizza dough
2. Roll out large or (I think better) individual pizzas
3. Spray the side going down towards the flames with the Spritzer with oil or Pam.
4. Place dough on grill with the flame on medium or with coal indirectly over the flames.
5. Close your BBQ lid for about 3 minutes. Dough should have grill marks on the bottom and be par cooked on the top; like a pancake.
6. Remove pizza crust from grill and spray top side. On your plate, flip crust over so grill marks are facing up.
7. Top with whatever you like on your pizza
8. Return pizza to grill, place lid back on for about 3 minutes to melt your cheese and finish the bottom of your dough.
9. Take off grill and EAT! YUMMY and Easy!

6 minute dinner! Gotta love it!

minjoe_bri said:
We made this at our training and I also made it with my kids just last night.
1. Buy/make pizza dough
2. Roll out large or (I think better) individual pizzas
3. Spray the side going down towards the flames with the Spritzer with oil or Pam.
4. Place dough on grill with the flame on medium or with coal indirectly over the flames.
5. Close your BBQ lid for about 3 minutes. Dough should have grill marks on the bottom and be par cooked on the top; like a pancake.
6. Remove pizza crust from grill and spray top side. On your plate, flip crust over so grill marks are facing up.
7. Top with whatever you like on your pizza
8. Return pizza to grill, place lid back on for about 3 minutes to melt your cheese and finish the bottom of your dough.
9. Take off grill and EAT! YUMMY and Easy!

6 minute dinner! Gotta love it!

To make this even easier, no need to remove the crust from the grill. Just use your silicone basting brush and brush dough with oil (adding some pressed garlic if desired). Yummo!

no need to remove from grill to top, use mega lifter and flip directly on grill if you are brave like me, lol. :D

We did this yesterday at our meeting. We used the Jiffy dough and an already made Dough. Both work great. With the Jiffy dough just make sure you knead it a few times with a extra flour until is is smooth an not so sticky. The recipe in the catalog is super yummy. The Mega lifter works great.

Thank you for your help! I am still learning CS! I made a Buffalo Chicken Pizza for our team meeting demo last night. It was FABULOUS!

PS: I used a store bought crust!

Oh, that sounds yummy! Did you just cook chicken with buffalo rub, slice it and put it on the pizza with other toppings?
How fun, getting practice at a team meeting, huh? I had not really looked at this recipe until you posted your question about it. I offered it to a host and thought, hmmm...I better practice that one before the show!

Host ended up choosing the mango confetti salsa instead, though. I still might make this grilled pizza for father's day.

We did two different pizzas last night at our meeting. The one from the catalog with the Jiffy crust and a Margherita (sp?) pizza with a store bought crust. I LOVED the taste of the jiffy crust much better. Tasted homemade not premade. It was super simple and made for nice crunchy crust. We had to add a lot of flour to the Jiffy mix to make it better for the grill. You want a nice firm dough not "wet".

Here's what I did for the grilled version. (I have made this pizza before but this was my 1st (practice) and 2nd (for demo) attempt at a grilled pizza. EVER. I loved it!

~ 1 lb boneless/skinless chicken breast
2 celery stalks
PP Buffalo Rub
8 oz mozzarella cheese
pre-made pizza crust (thin is good)
Preheat the grill while cooking the chicken. I put the chicken in the DCB in the microwave for 10 min with buffalo rub. Cut 2 stalks of celery into large pieces and tossed into the DCB with the cooked chicken. Use your Salad Choppers (my bff) to cut it all up into very small pieces. Put the chicken/celery in the batter bowl and add the cheese. Mix them well. Place the crust onto the Mega-Lifter and then top it with the chicken/celery/cheese mixture. Sprinkle with more rub. Put on the grill and close the grill door, checking on it about every 3 minutes. Should take a total of 8-12 minutes. WATCH THE BOTTOM OF THE CRUST! IT WILL BURN! This happened the first time, due in part to grill not being heated properly. IT WAS SO YUMMY! Serve with celery pieces and bleu cheese/ranch dressing.

You can also cook with buffalo sauce ( I normally do but made a major boo-boo and forgot mine, it still turned out fine, just had a more smoky flavor).

It was so nerve-wracking doing this (a demo period) in front of my peers, initially. However, it turned out great!

This would be a great Father's Day recipe! My hubby LOVES it!

You have GOT to be kidding me, celery on pizza? I love it! Celery traditionally goes with buffalo wings & bleu cheese dipping sauce, but I never would have thought to put celery on pizza!
Thank you, I beleive I will surprise my hubby with this!

Yep! It gives it the perfect crunch! I'd love to hear if he liked it!

to be super quick and easy for personal size pizzas, use tortillas..

Any suggestions if the Jiffy mix is not available? I wondered about using a tube of pizza dough or french bread - would that work :confused: Also, someone mentioned premade crusts - is that the Boboli crusts, and do they work ok?
Sorry for all the questions but I really don't want to make the dough from scratch.

I was told to use tortillas for crust which would be great if you like thin crust. I like a thicker crust. I use unsliced pita bread. It works great.

cochef said:
Any suggestions if the Jiffy mix is not available? I wondered about using a tube of pizza dough or french bread - would that work :confused: Also, someone mentioned premade crusts - is that the Boboli crusts, and do they work ok?
Sorry for all the questions but I really don't want to make the dough from scratch.

I think any dough would work, you just might want to cut it down in size so you don't have an large piece to work with. There is always the packets that you can buy at the store too. Just add water and mabye some extra flour.

My upline director sent out an email that she did a team meeting/grilled pizza party with her consultants and they tried various crusts. The pilsbury tube 'o dough won out as the best. Premade, not such a hit, although it worked fine, and tortillas came in second. I have made it at home with Pepi's dough (comes frozen, you thaw in a bowl, let rise, the toss and bake). It was fabulous but I don't recommend for a show because the prep for the dough is too much work. Take the pillsbury, oil and garlic the top of a flexible cutting mat, roll out the dough onto it, oil and garlic the top, then flip it over onto the grill. Have the mega lifter available incase it sticks but with enough oil on the mat it shouldn't.

Thank you for this thread!

Here it is, Labor Day weekend, and I finally made this grill buffalo pizza! We just haven't done much grilling this summer.
It was delicious and the entire family liked it! Very easy to make, too. Thanks so much for this recipe!

Related to Expert Tips for Perfect Grilled Pizza Crust | Easy Guide

What is the best way to transfer the pizza onto the grill?

The best way to transfer the pizza onto the grill is by using a pizza peel. This allows you to easily slide the pizza onto the grill without losing any toppings.

How do I prevent the pizza from sticking to the grill?

To prevent the pizza from sticking to the grill, make sure to lightly oil the grill grates before placing the pizza on top. You can also use a non-stick cooking spray to prevent any sticking.

Can I use any type of pizza dough for grilling?

Yes, you can use any type of pizza dough for grilling. However, it is best to use a dough that is specifically made for grilling as it will hold up better on the grill and give you a crispier crust.

How do I know when the pizza is done cooking on the grill?

You can tell when the pizza is done cooking on the grill when the crust is golden brown and crispy and the cheese is bubbly. This usually takes about 10-12 minutes, but it is always best to check the pizza periodically to ensure it does not burn.

Can I use a gas or charcoal grill for grilling pizza?

Yes, you can use both gas and charcoal grills for grilling pizza. However, make sure to adjust the heat accordingly as gas grills tend to cook faster than charcoal grills. It is also important to monitor the temperature and adjust as needed to prevent burning the pizza.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• erinpcmorgan
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
mscharf
  • DessertDivaFL
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
sklay723
  • chefsteph07