• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Experience the Ultimate Home and Garden Show with Us!

In summary, Kris is telling me that the booth rental for the home and garden show is $100, and you can bring business cards, mini catalogs, flyers, and candy. You can also have a drawing for a free prize.
crazy4dabug
Hi all! My name is Deanna and I'm a new rep. Another rep and I are having a booth at the Home and Garden show here locally THIS WEEKEND! We're very excited and hope it will bring in LOTS of business and bookings, not to mention recruits.
Has anyone ever done these? How did you set up? What did you take? How many bookings did you get, recruits too?

I'm just trying to figure out what to expect.
Any info would be helpful...

Thanks!

Take something that you can hand out with your name on it - a sheet of recipes is perfect. If you have mini catalogs or old catalogs (check with your cluster-mates), those are great handouts at fairs, too.

Keep your display simple but attractive. If you have a few higher-priced items displayed, people will come over to check them out, and then you can talk to them.

Remember that it's more important to get their info than for them to get yours, so have door prize slips and offer some kind of drawing. "Free show" is a good one, because you can call everyone who entered and tell them that they won. :)

Check out the area on Bridal Fairs- there's a lot of good info about what to take and what to expect at fairs.

Hope it goes great for you!
I'm quite ticked about a slipped away opportunity to work the H&G Show, thought I was, then found out so and so was supposed to email me then that person didn't and when I asked director about it, it was all filled. GRRR

I really needed the leads b/c I know from the past doing it it has led me to a few really good groups of people.

Kris

I just contacted a home and garden show and when I asked what the booth rental was he kinda left it open with well, what have you budgeted for this event. He is going to email me some info, but I was wondering what has everyone paid for a Home and Garden show booth. This is Fri night, Sat, and Sun. He is basically telling me to pick my price...which seems odd...But anyway, I need everyone's experience so I can give him my "budgeted" amount. TIA

That does seem odd. There should be a set price for the size of the booth. In ours, a 10x10 is about $600, and 10x20 is $900. Crazy expensive but with sharing with a few ppl it brings it down to doable.

Yes, we are having a door prize every hour...we're bringing mini catalogues, business cards, all kinds of flyers and other info. Plus, we'll have candy and possibly a dessert snack.

I buy the recipe cards that go with our Celebration shows. I put a sticker with my name, consultant #, email, phone # and website on each recipe card. People get excited over them b/c they are colored and glossy, but they are pretty cheap! That's a great idea to give those out instead of a business card too actually since they are just as likely to keep it if they want to do business with you. For those that just like to take stuff from booths without true interest, you aren't out so much money (for the magnet business cards, which I give out to really interested people or those that place orders).

I would be sure to do a drawing for a free prize (at a 10 day fair that my cluster did last year we gave away a exec. stir fry skillet and lid) so more people sign up. A lot more people will sign up for a product than a free cooking show I think. Also you could market the show as a free cooking "class" but that might not reel as many people in. We paid $1400 for a 10x10 indoor "stall" with electrical for 10 days and there were two shifts a day with 2 consultants each shift. Each shift cost around $50...

1. What is a Home and Garden Show?

A Home and Garden Show is an event where vendors, businesses, and organizations related to home improvement, gardening, and lifestyle products and services come together to showcase their offerings to the public.

2. When and where does the Home and Garden Show take place?

The timing and location of Home and Garden Shows vary, but they typically take place during the spring and fall seasons in large event spaces such as convention centers or fairgrounds.

3. Can I purchase items directly from vendors at the Home and Garden Show?

Yes, many vendors at the Home and Garden Show have products available for purchase on-site. However, some vendors may only take orders and require customers to pick up or have items delivered at a later date.

4. Are there any educational sessions or workshops offered at the Home and Garden Show?

Yes, most Home and Garden Shows offer educational sessions and workshops on topics such as gardening tips, home improvement projects, and cooking demonstrations. These sessions are often included in the event ticket price.

5. How can I get the most out of my experience at the Home and Garden Show?

To make the most of your time at the Home and Garden Show, plan ahead by researching which vendors will be in attendance and what educational sessions or workshops are being offered. Also, be sure to bring a list of any specific products or services you are interested in and take advantage of any special deals or discounts offered by vendors.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DEBBI
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • chefjenibel
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies