• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Experience the Benefits of Master Cleanse: Lemon, Maple, and Cayenne Detox

The Fat Flush cleanse is a high colonic that is supposed to help with weight loss. It is very dangerous and should not be done without consulting a doctor.
The Fiber 35 Diet which is a minimum of 35 grams of fiber a day

Master cleanse!!Okay, so I've done the Master Cleanse multiple times. I do atleast 2 / 40 day cleanses w/ the lemonade, cayenne & grade B maple syrup per year. I do it to cleanse my kidneys and always lose close to 20lbs. (I don't need to lose weight, it just happens as a side effect). My husband on the other hand has done it several times for weight loss and loses approx. 25 lbs. each time. You will only lose what is natural for your body. When finished, your body stabilizes to your ideal weight, unless you have a lot to lose and then I recommend doing another cleanse after a month of recovery. 10 days is enough to see if it's for you and then it's hard not to stay on because it works so well and you feel so great! Trust me, after day 2 you'll know if you can do it. Any questions? Give me a holla' ;)

ChefShari said:
Okay, so I've done the Master Cleanse multiple times. I do atleast 2 / 40 day cleanses w/ the lemonade, cayenne & grade B maple syrup per year. I do it to cleanse my kidneys and always lose close to 20lbs. (I don't need to lose weight, it just happens as a side effect). My husband on the other hand has done it several times for weight loss and loses approx. 25 lbs. each time. You will only lose what is natural for your body. When finished, your body stabilizes to your ideal weight, unless you have a lot to lose and then I recommend doing another cleanse after a month of recovery. 10 days is enough to see if it's for you and then it's hard not to stay on because it works so well and you feel so great! Trust me, after day 2 you'll know if you can do it. Any questions? Give me a holla' ;)
40 days each time!!!?? No food but the lemondade?? OH My, you should be really pure by then! I may have to try it after I do this one enzymatic cleanse but 7-10 days is my max!

Wow, that is crazy!! You girls are making me a little interested in it, but not sure if I could do it!pamperedchef_OK_LA_MS, how are you doing...we haven't heard from you in ahwile!?

Do you eat anything while going on a cleanse? Or is it just drinking stuff for days and days?

I was wondering the same thing esp. if they do it for 40 days!!!

Trust me if I did this I'd lose 515 poundsthe combined weight of my DH, DDS & DD 'cuz they'd all leave me I'd be such a witch!!

I was just concerned because if all you are intaking is lemonaid /water/cayenne pepper/maple syrup etc. for more than 10 days wouldn't your body go into serious starvation mode and start shutting down?I mean your brain needs fat every day to function properly, and if the body stops getting nutrients, it literally starts eating itself. if you get hurt, wounds won't heal properly (if at all), your hair starts falling out, your muscles atrophy, etc.Sure you could do this master cleanse and consume 650 calories a day on it, you will seriously lose weight on it, but then you have to give your stomach weeks to get used to eating again, and then you put back on the weight you rapidly lost.The healthy rate to lose weight is 1-2 pounds per week. Your body will keep it off if you go that rate, because it gets time to adjust itself.

Teresa Lynn said:
Trust me if I did this I'd lose 515 poundsthe combined weight of my DH, DDS & DD 'cuz they'd all leave me I'd be such a witch!!

I hear you sister! Thanks for the laugh!

No - Your brain doesn't need fat for energy it uses glucose. I do think going to low on calories for too long is not good. You do need to start adding foods back gradually. I think the Cleanse book suggests how to start eating again. The key is to try not to start eating the bad stuff again. The Cleanse is not supposed to be for weight loss it is to help you body remove toxins.

Need an update - Everyone is still alive right????

I'm on day 7 today but cheated sunday (with coffee among other no nos) and felt tired today! So back on the program until it's finished and hopefully I feel regenerated and cleansed!

Results: I finished the 14 day detox and I think it helped! I have energy again and people commented I looked thinner and am regular again (although I haven't gotten on the scale). But overall I would do it again or try the Master cleanse (I saw a milder version in woman's world mag) only 7 days and you can drink veggie juice and broth for lunch and dinner.

How'd it go for those who started the Master cleanse???

Up date... I am doing another 7 day cleanse called the "ultra Simple diet" and it's supposed to help with allergies, toxins, immunity, metabolism and such. I'm on day 4 so will see how it goes?? You are supposed to lose up to 16lbs also but I'm not holding my breath! We have a Weekend get away and I wanted to feel good for the trip!

Would love to hear how it goes! Is this like Isagenix??

oooooo. i did isagenix once. i stuck it out only cause i paid for it. that thing you have to drink made me want to puke every time i had to swollow it. :yuck: it wasnt worth the weight loss or the detox for my body to ever do it again.

but thats just my opinion :D id be willing to try something that didnt taste so awful.

SusanBP0129 said:
Would love to hear how it goes! Is this like Isagenix??
No, it's a strict diet without dairy, red meats, refined sugars and no carbs diet (except brown rice).

Ex. For breakfast: Warm water with lemon upon rising, Green tea, Organic fruit, flaxseed and almond milk smoothie.

snack: some "ultra slim" broth that you make (tastes like veggie broth).

Lunch: 1/2c brown rice, 2-3 cups of steamed veggies.

Snack: almonds or veggies and hummus

Dinner: Ultra slim broth, 1/2c of brown rice, 4-6oz of Fish or chicken with veggies.

That's it in a nut shell for 7 days!:yuck:

Wow. That would be hard for me. I get REALLY cranky without my morning coffee!!

SusanBP0129 said:
Wow. That would be hard for me. I get REALLY cranky without my morning coffee!!
I used to be the same way, until I had kids and broke myself of my coffee addiciton :p ! lol

heat123 said:
I used to be the same way, until I had kids and broke myself of my coffee addiciton :p ! lol

My kids made my coffee addiction worse!! LOL :D

SusanBP0129 said:
My kids made my coffee addiction worse!! LOL :D
Heehee! It was easy since I weaned myself slowly right before my wedding (I did a different cleanse detox plan for 1 mohth). Then I got preggers right after getting married. So I was off the leaded stuff for 2 years, since I was nursing for 1 year. Then kept myself "unaddicted" at that point! After 12 years on leaded I figured I could do without it EVERYDAY, except the occassional Starbucks treat!:love: NOW, DH and I get Starbucks every sunday!

:D
heat123 said:
Heehee! It was easy since I weaned myself slowly right before my wedding (I did a different cleanse detox plan for 1 mohth). Then I got preggers right after getting married. So I was off the leaded stuff for 2 years, since I was nursing for 1 year. Then kept myself "unaddicted" at that point! After 12 years on leaded I figured I could do without it EVERYDAY, except the occassional Starbucks treat!:love: NOW, DH and I get Starbucks every sunday!

I was off it while prego too...and off while I nursed for a year,.....but I am back in full addiction!! LOL
No hope for me, I guess. I just LOVE my morning cup o' joe!

SusanBP0129 said:

I was off it while prego too...and off while I nursed for a year,.....but I am back in full addiction!! LOL
I hear ya! I do mostly teas now but when I crave coffee I get decaf :p !

Last edited:
SusanBP0129 said:

That's funny because coffee didn't appeal to me AT ALL when I was pregnant with both kids. It grossed me out and even decaf just wasn't going to cut it and I was a BIG Starbucks various flavored lattes. So, I thought "Oh GOOD, I won't go back to them after the baby because maybe they'll still sound gross!" Well, no such luck.:grumpy: I'm a Starbucks addict once again.

I have cut back though....it was the way I justified getting a Blackberry....no more Starbucks during the week! I'm probably saving more than the $30/month extra Blackberry fee now!!!:D Those dang drinks I like are $4.31 a pop.

pamperedbecky said:
That's funny because coffee didn't appeal to me AT ALL when I was pregnant with both kids. It grossed me out and even decaf just wasn't going to cut it and I was a BIG Starbucks various flavored lattes. So, I thought "Oh GOOD, I won't go back to them after the baby because maybe they'll still sound gross!" Well, no such luck.:grumpy: I'm a Starbucks addict once again.

I have cut back though....it was the way I justified getting a Blackberry....no more Starbucks during the week! I'm probably saving more than the $30/month extra Blackberry fee now!!!:D Those dang drinks I like are $4.31 a pop.
Yup, Starbucks AKA $8bucks for us! LOL :p

Did the master cleanse a few months ago for six days and lost six pounds. I also had no side affects by quitting starbucks or pop. I haven't had a drop of starbucks or pop since! I think I will def. be doing this again. After 3 or 4 days felt great!

What is the master cleanse? Is it only a liquid detox? For how long? I am interested in trying this myself.

stacywhitlow said:
What is the master cleanse? Is it only a liquid detox? For how long? I am interested in trying this myself.
The one I found was a modified version of the MC. It called for the "lemonade" concoction but also you could drink Broth and V8 for lunch and dinner. But yes it's a liquid only cleanse.

heat123 said:
The one I found was a modified version of the MC. It called for the "lemonade" concoction but also you could drink Broth and V8 for lunch and dinner. But yes it's a liquid only cleanse.

Can you tell me about that one? Where did you find the recipe? Thanks!

I can't find the modified version, it was from a Woman's world mag article. Maybe someone from here who did the MC cleanse can give the ingreds for the lemonade? I know it's water, lemon juice, cayenne pepper and Pure Maple syrup but not sure of the amounts of each? Sorry.

I have the pdf version of the master cleanse on my computer. If anyone wants to PM me I can email you the book (only about 20 pages) and the instructions too.

Rebeccascabinet said:
I have the pdf version of the master cleanse on my computer. If anyone wants to PM me I can email you the book (only about 20 pages) and the instructions too.
So how did it work for you?

Ps. Update... I'm on day 6 of the cleanse and feel great, minus PMS symptoms! I will report back on monday my last day on it!

<h2>1. What is the master cleanse made of?</h2><p>The master cleanse is made of three main ingredients: freshly squeezed lemon juice, pure maple syrup, and cayenne pepper. These ingredients are mixed together with water to create a detoxifying drink.</p><h2>2. How does the master cleanse work?</h2><p>The master cleanse is a detox diet that is designed to flush out toxins from the body and promote weight loss. The lemon juice acts as a natural diuretic and helps to cleanse the liver and kidneys. The maple syrup provides energy and essential nutrients, while the cayenne pepper boosts metabolism and aids in digestion.</p><h2>3. How long should I stay on the master cleanse?</h2><p>The recommended duration for the master cleanse is 10 days. However, some people choose to stay on the cleanse for longer periods of time, up to 21 days. It is important to consult with a healthcare professional before starting the cleanse and to listen to your body's needs.</p><h2>4. What are the potential side effects of the master cleanse?</h2><p>Some people may experience side effects while on the master cleanse, such as headaches, fatigue, and dizziness. These symptoms are usually temporary and can be managed by staying hydrated and getting enough rest. It is important to monitor your body and stop the cleanse if any severe side effects occur.</p><h2>5. Has anyone tried the master cleanse and seen results?</h2><p>Many people have tried the master cleanse and have seen positive results, such as weight loss, improved digestion, and increased energy. However, results may vary for each individual and it is important to maintain a healthy diet and exercise routine after completing the cleanse to maintain these results.</p>

1. What is the master cleanse made of?

The master cleanse is made of three main ingredients: freshly squeezed lemon juice, pure maple syrup, and cayenne pepper. These ingredients are mixed together with water to create a detoxifying drink.

2. How does the master cleanse work?

The master cleanse is a detox diet that is designed to flush out toxins from the body and promote weight loss. The lemon juice acts as a natural diuretic and helps to cleanse the liver and kidneys. The maple syrup provides energy and essential nutrients, while the cayenne pepper boosts metabolism and aids in digestion.

3. How long should I stay on the master cleanse?

The recommended duration for the master cleanse is 10 days. However, some people choose to stay on the cleanse for longer periods of time, up to 21 days. It is important to consult with a healthcare professional before starting the cleanse and to listen to your body's needs.

4. What are the potential side effects of the master cleanse?

Some people may experience side effects while on the master cleanse, such as headaches, fatigue, and dizziness. These symptoms are usually temporary and can be managed by staying hydrated and getting enough rest. It is important to monitor your body and stop the cleanse if any severe side effects occur.

5. Has anyone tried the master cleanse and seen results?

Many people have tried the master cleanse and have seen positive results, such as weight loss, improved digestion, and increased energy. However, results may vary for each individual and it is important to maintain a healthy diet and exercise routine after completing the cleanse to maintain these results.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• twopamperedchefs
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • lockhartkitchen
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampchefrhondab
Replies