• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Excited Newbie Ready for First Show!

You've moved to a new area and are looking for work as a cook. Your only few bookings have been cancelled because of hurricanes, but you've managed to find one in December. You're a little nervous because this will be your first show without family or friends, but you're excited about the opportunity. You're going to make a 30 minute chicken dinner, and you're also bringing some cookies to display. You're hoping that with Christmas coming, people will be buying food.
confusedturtle
Gold Member
I know this sounds really dumb but I am so excited. I moved to a new area and the only few shows I booked here were cancelled (back in Sept) due to hurricanes. Since then nobody has been willing to do one, most wont even talk to me. They all say that with the economy the way it is they do not need to spend extra money on Pampered chef stuff.
Anyways I had a person contact me wanting to do a cooking show in December. This will be the first show I have had yet that was not a member of my family or a friend, so I am little nervous. I am planning to make the 30 minute chicken, seems to be a good seller, and bring a few different types of cookies to display on the 3 tiered stand. I figure with Christmas coming entertainment stuff would be a good seller and the DCB just makes great fast but healthy food.
Does anyone have any advice for me. I feel like a newbie to this, but I have been a consultant for over a year. I never had any luck breaking out of my circle until now. I want to d a great job because this could be a break for me to start getting more shows booked. Up until now I have been doing the minimum to stay a consultant it was a hobby, but I really want to start doing well. I don't plan to do 10 shows a month but I would be happy to have 3-4 a month. Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Just act like they are your family and friends. Your body doesn't know the difference between being nervous or excited... so I suggest going the excited rout. Talk about our meals that are $2 a serving, and quality cooking tools. A lot of them may be replacing stuff... so they might as well get the best, right?

Don't forget to advertise the January special... MORE FREE PRODUCTS!!! If people are having a hard time there finacially, they may get excited about getting even more free!

and for economic worries, stress in your host coaching that the more guests she invites, the more will show up (based on the PC Statistic). The more that show up- the less obligated any one will feel to purchase something they can't afford to "help the host". (This was advice my director gave me to offset my own thoughts about economic worries as a host...since I've had more experience as a customer and host than as a consultant.) :)

Thats a great tip Bobbi!

Thank you all so much :) I am sure it will go just fine, I am just a little nervous to not to be seeing a friend or family member there. I am going to take as little products as possible. I am going to push a 30 minute dinner (with holidays that should be hit) and make a 30 minute chicken in the DCB, use my grinders for seasoning it (selling seasonings & grinders), make a salad (sell salad/berry spinner, mix n pour, bamboo tongs & bamboo bowl) and offer prebaked cookies on the 3 tiered stand. That will show off alot of different products (tools, stoneware, bamboo, simple additions, and more) and I calculated it out it is over $300 in products and it all fits into my rolling bag. Since it is the holidays I will be showing them how to make a healthy dinner fast and feed the whole family for under $10. I hope that works :chef:

DONT be nervous!!! I prefer to be in a crowd of strangers - I become a alter ego!!! Have fun with it!

Oops :balloon: I forgot to say, I was thinking about doing a trifle because it is the special this month but my goal is not so much bookings for this month. My goals are a high yielding show (show more expensive stuff), bookings for January (booking in Jan gets more free prod value), recruiting (take less stuff looks like less work), and getting future customers (keep it fast & fun). So we'll see how it goes. I have a few weeks to prepare so I am going to make sure this is a good one :cool: Thanks :)

Not dumb at all. Most of us get excited about bookings!

Oh, yeah . . .Congratulations!

1. What products should I focus on showcasing at my first show?

At your first show, it's important to showcase a variety of products to give your guests a good idea of the range of items available. We recommend highlighting our top sellers, such as our classic cookware sets, versatile kitchen tools, and popular baking products. Don't forget to also showcase some of our newer or seasonal items to generate excitement and interest.

2. How can I best prepare for my first show as a Pampered Chef consultant?

To prepare for your first show, we recommend familiarizing yourself with our products and their features, as well as practicing any demonstration techniques you plan to use. It's also helpful to create a timeline for the show and have all necessary materials and supplies organized and ready to go. Lastly, don't forget to invite friends and family to attend and support you!

3. What are some tips for engaging and interacting with guests at my first show?

One tip is to make sure you are enthusiastic and passionate about the products you are demonstrating. This will help to keep your guests engaged and interested. It's also helpful to ask open-ended questions and actively listen to their responses. This will allow you to tailor your demonstrations and recommendations to their specific needs and interests.

4. How can I encourage guests to make purchases at my first show?

One effective way to encourage guests to make purchases is to offer special deals or discounts for those who make a purchase during the show. You can also highlight the benefits of our products, such as their quality and durability, to show guests the value of their purchase. Additionally, offering a hostess rewards program can incentivize guests to make a purchase and potentially book their own show.

5. What should I do if I encounter any technical difficulties during my first show?

If you experience any technical difficulties during your show, don't panic! It's always a good idea to have a backup plan, such as printed recipes or handouts, in case of technological issues. You can also try troubleshooting the issue or reaching out to your upline or customer service for assistance. Remember to stay calm and continue to engage with your guests while the issue is being resolved.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• K.Shaffer
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pamperedpals
  • PChefCharlotte
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • LeighPC