• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ever Get Mad at Yourself After Shows?

In summary, the speaker had a successful show with $740 in sales. However, they are upset with themselves for not asking for bookings and forgetting parts of their presentation. Other members of the group shared similar experiences and gave advice on how to handle these situations. They suggested making phone calls to guests to ask for bookings and using index cards to help remember the outline of the show. They also emphasized the importance of making follow-up calls and not getting discouraged by mistakes during the show.
Christa
I had a show last night...its my 4th month...host was ready to cancel because she thought it wouldn't be worth my while...we're at $740 so far so its was great. HOWEVER, I get so upset with myself when I don't ask for bookings, forget parts of my spiel, etc. Why can't I be happy with this show and move on? Will I get better about this? It had been 3 weeks between Cooking Shows. :(

I'm sure everyone here has gotten angry with themselves after a show. There's still time to make up for it though. My recruiter is just getting started too and she shared with me that one of her shows was such a bust and she asked for bookings but no one took her up on it. She was so disappointed.
However, she made calls the next day to thank each person for coming and to ask again. She ended up with at least 2 bookings.

Maybe you could call your guests and say something like...."Hi Susan, this is Christa from the Pampered Chef. I had such a great time last night at Sherries show. Did you enjoy yourself too? Great! Well, I want to thank you for placing an order with me and I was wondering, would you consider having some friends over for an evening of fun and let me pamper you with The Pampered Chef?"

You might be pleasantly suprised at the response.

Meanwhile, it's ok to use index cards to help you remember the outline of your show. Guests certainly don't mind and they are usually very impressed at how you were able to keep it all organized and together.

Good luck!

I used to get angry at myself for forgetting stuff but now i just take it all in stride. Sometimes if you dont cover yourself the guests will ask questions! If they dont and you still forget it wll be ok!! when you make your big mac calls ask them if they have any questions from last nights party. you never know it may lead to recruiting questions as well!! good luck

There is definately time to make up for "forgetfulness" or as I call it "mommy brain"! We all have our shows where we forget something that could have been important. I used to always forget to ask about bookings, so for a while I offered free shipping if I didn't ask...doing that got me into the habit of asking and now when I have people lined up to place their orders the guests will over hear what I am asking but I still ask everyone individually. Plus big MAC calls are huge, you never know if you can add to an order, get a booking or a recruit! It's never too late to call!!!

Hi there! First of all, congratulations on your successful show last night! It's always a great feeling when a show surpasses our expectations and we make a good amount of sales. As for your concerns about forgetting parts of your spiel and not asking for bookings, please don't be too hard on yourself. It's natural to feel a little disappointed when we don't perform perfectly, but remember that every show is a learning experience. You will definitely get better at it with more practice and as you become more comfortable with your presentation. And don't forget, the most important thing is that your host and guests had a great time and enjoyed the products. So take a deep breath, be proud of your success, and keep moving forward. You got this! Best of luck with your future shows.

1. What are some common mistakes that can lead to feeling mad at yourself after a show?

Some common mistakes that can lead to feeling mad at yourself after a show include forgetting important details or steps, not being prepared with all necessary materials, and not communicating effectively with the audience.

2. How can I avoid getting mad at myself after a show?

To avoid getting mad at yourself after a show, make sure to thoroughly prepare beforehand by practicing and double-checking all necessary materials. Additionally, make sure to communicate effectively with your audience and be flexible in case of any unforeseen circumstances.

3. Are there any tips for staying calm and collected during a show?

One tip for staying calm and collected during a show is to take deep breaths and remind yourself to stay present in the moment. It can also be helpful to have a backup plan in case something goes wrong, and to remind yourself that mistakes are a natural part of the learning process.

4. How can I handle mistakes gracefully during a show?

To handle mistakes gracefully during a show, try to remain calm and address the mistake with honesty and humor. You can also use the opportunity to engage with your audience and show them that mistakes happen to everyone.

5. Is it normal to feel mad at myself after a show?

Yes, it is normal to feel mad at yourself after a show. It is important to remember that everyone makes mistakes and that it is an opportunity to learn and improve for future shows. Try to focus on the positive aspects of the show and use any mistakes as a learning experience.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcmckay
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
babywings76
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • ChefMommyof3Boys
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies