• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Egg & Milk-Free Dessert Ideas for Hosting

In summary, the host coming up cannot eat egg yolks or milk and is looking for a dessert option. Suggestions include using egg-free crust for an Aloha Pizza, making a fruit pizza using a pre-made pie crust without milk or eggs, or trying Mom's apple crisp. Other options include using non-dairy Cool Whip and angel food cake to make a trifle, or using soy milk to make a thick mousse with pudding mix and Cool Whip. Potential demo tools for this could include a trifle bowl, mandoline, bread knife, egg slicer, and various kitchen tools.
PamperedK
Silver Member
I have a host coming up that can't eat egg yolks or milk. She can have soy milk but that doesn't work well for whipping or cream.

I had suggested the Aloha Pizza using an egg-free crust, but she keeps mentioning pie, so I think she kind of has her heart set on dessert. Any suggestions?

Does anyone know if the crescent rolls have egg yolks or milk in them? If not, I could maybe do a dessert ring?

How about fruit pizza? It calls for cream cheese, I dont know if that has milk or eggs.

I looked at the pre-made refridgerated pie crust and that does not have milk or eggs. You can use that to make a fruit tart.

Oh yeah, and no cheese. =S

wow, that's a toughie! especially for a dessert.

how about mom's apple crisp?

I do all my micro cakes with egg beaters (no yokes in them) and they come out great. It would just depend what is in the cake mix. I know it was on here some time ago... but coolwhip is non dairy, so she can probably eat it.

How about a trifle made with angel food cake (no egg yolks in that), Cool Whip and fruit?

chefann said:
How about a trifle made with angel food cake (no egg yolks in that), Cool Whip and fruit?
Hmm that might just work!Does pudding work with soy milk?eta: and what could I really demo with something so simple?- trifle bowl
- mandoline (lemons or limes?)
- salad / berry spinner
- EAD
- bread knife (for the cake)
- egg slicer plus (strawberries)
- stainless steel mixing bowls

Last edited:
OMG! You can talk about a lot.

- trifle bowl
- Stoneware Fluted Pan (talk about baking cake in it, even if you purchased one)
- cutting board
- bread knife - cross sell ALL the forged cutlery AND old style knives
- salad/berry spinner
- egg slicer plus
- cross sell other "fruit and veggie" tools: veggie peeler, Core and More, julienne peeler
- Ultimate Mandoline
- scrapers (for spreading Cool Whip)
- Measure-All cup (measure out some Cool Whip for garnishing)
- Chef's Tools (use spoon to serve)
- Medium scoop (use to fill EAD)
- Easy Accent Decorator (garnish top)

That's just off the top of my head.

I think pudding will work with soy milk, but I'm not sure. You can make a very thick mousse by mixing pudding mix directly with Cool Whip. That would definitely add the Stainless mixing bowls and whisk collection to your demo.

Don't forget that you can cross-sell items that are somehow related but aren't actually used in the demo.

What are some egg and milk-free dessert ideas for hosting?

There are many delicious dessert options that do not require eggs or milk. Some popular choices include fruit crisps or cobblers, sorbets, vegan chocolate mousse, and peanut butter cookies made with a flax egg substitute.

Can I use alternative ingredients in my favorite dessert recipes to make them egg and milk-free?

Yes, there are several substitutes available for eggs and milk in baking. For eggs, you can use applesauce, mashed bananas, or a flax or chia seed egg. For milk, you can use almond milk, coconut milk, or oat milk. Just be sure to adjust the measurements accordingly.

Are there any pre-made options for egg and milk-free desserts?

Yes, there are many store-bought options for those with dietary restrictions. Look for vegan or plant-based desserts at your local grocery store or specialty bakery. You can also find egg and milk-free mixes for cakes, brownies, and cookies at most supermarkets.

Can I make a traditional dessert recipe without eggs or milk?

Yes, there are many traditional dessert recipes that can be modified to be egg and milk-free. For example, you can use aquafaba (the liquid from a can of chickpeas) as a substitute for egg whites in meringue or macarons. You can also use coconut cream in place of heavy cream in recipes like cheesecake or ice cream.

What are some tips for hosting guests with egg and milk allergies?

It's always a good idea to ask your guests about their dietary restrictions beforehand. This way, you can plan accordingly and make sure there are suitable options for everyone. You can also provide a list of ingredients for each dish or have a separate section for allergen-friendly desserts. And don't be afraid to get creative and try out new recipes to accommodate your guests' needs.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
nancycookspc
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
Replies
Views
Admin Greg