• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help, Host With Huge Diet Restrictions

In summary, Jennie suggests the southwestern salad or the pork tenderloin. There are many sugar-free substitutes for things like butter and milk, so ask your host what she might have on hand.
PCJen
I have a host that is on a huge diet restiction. She can't have sugar, wheat, soy, or milk. She said not to worry about her, but I would like to see if maybe I could find something that I can make that she can eat too. Anyone have some ideas?

Thanks,
Jennie G

So, you really need a gluten-free, lactose-free, sugar-free recipe.I'd suggest the 7-layer Southwest Salad, but you couldn't even use the Tofutti sour cream, because it's soy. But a salad is probably your best bet. Or the 10 minute pork tenderloin. (The 30-minute chicken has flour, which you may be able to substitute rice flour, which she would have in the house if she's on a gluten free diet.)

There are lots of sugar-free products out there now....let me think on this.
The soy & milk-free makes it more difficult.

My son is on a gluten free (no wheat, oats, rye, barley) & casein free (no dairy or milk product) diet with limited amounts of soy, eggs & nuts. Lucky me! Anyway, you can use Smart Balance light "butter" & rice milk as substitutes in a regular recipe. It will be slightly runnier than normal though so you may not need as much. She should have ingredients at her house that she would be able to use. Also, ask her for suggestions as to what to fix. Some things I can eat that I fix my son & some not even the dog will eat.:yuck:

Thanks for the help everyone.

Jennie

You could do the southwest salad with the sour cream on the SIDE, making it a 6 layer salad! That's what I plan to do if I ever make this salad since I ABHOR sour cream.I'd suggest Jerk Chicken Nachos but there's no way you can make them without cheese.

May I suggest: Ask for a favorite "legal" recipe, and show how PC can make it faster, easier, better using our tools and pans.

The rice cooker and micro pan are really helpful, along with stoneware. Fresh garlic too from the press...

One of my 'hits' is an appetizer show. One of the big favs were various veggies roasted on stoneware. Did you know you can roast fennel? :) Along with the typical root veggies , roast asparagus is QUICK and tasty, with a legal dip it is fabulous.

If our PC seasonings are legal on her diet, be sure to mention that and incorporate in a dish.

Being on a special diet myself (Renal/Dialysis) I can sympathize with you and your host :) It was a whole new cooking adventure! PC tools really helped make the best of a challenging situation.

1. What are the most common dietary restrictions that people have?

The most common dietary restrictions that people have include gluten-free, dairy-free, vegetarian, vegan, and nut-free diets. However, there are many other dietary restrictions that individuals may have such as low-carb, paleo, and kosher diets.

2. Can Pampered Chef accommodate my specific dietary restrictions?

Yes, Pampered Chef offers a variety of products that can accommodate different dietary restrictions. We have a wide selection of kitchen tools and cookware that can help you prepare meals that fit your specific dietary needs. Additionally, many of our recipes can be easily modified to fit your dietary restrictions.

3. Are there any recipes specifically designed for people with dietary restrictions?

Yes, Pampered Chef has a collection of recipes specifically designed for people with dietary restrictions. These recipes are labeled with the appropriate dietary categories and can be found on our website or in our recipe books.

4. How can I ensure that my meal is prepared without cross-contamination?

Pampered Chef takes food safety very seriously and we understand the importance of avoiding cross-contamination. We recommend using separate kitchen tools and cookware for different dietary needs, and thoroughly cleaning and sanitizing them between uses. Additionally, we offer color-coded kitchen tools to help prevent cross-contamination.

5. Can I host a Pampered Chef party if I have dietary restrictions?

Absolutely! Pampered Chef parties are a great way to get together with friends and family and enjoy delicious food. Our consultants are trained to help you find recipes and products that fit your specific dietary restrictions, and can provide alternative options for any recipes that may not fit your needs.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcjodih
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • Yvonne
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Yvonne
  • MissChef