• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Efficient Cleaning Tips for Your Food Chopper: How to Remove Dried Residue

In summary, Beth suggests rinsing the FC well after using it, using a baby bottle nipple brush to clean down in the creases, or buying a new clear cover for the FC. She also suggests cleaning the FC with a cake tester, a nylon pan scraper, or a child's toothbrush.
AJPratt
Silver Member
So, I don't want to gross anyone out BUT I usually put my FC in the dishwasher. I always check to make sure its clean before I use it. Today, I noticed some bits of red pepper dried up. I did my best to get it all out and wound up soaking it in hot water. So it made me wonder if there is a better way to clean it. Obviously rinse it better, but is there a tool you use to get everything out?

I put mine in the dishwasher and it always comes clean. Maybe you could rinse it off first or buy a baby bottle nipple brush to clean down in the creases?

I had to just order a new clear plastic collar for mine that I have only had for a year. I put mine on the top shelf of the dishwasher and it looks horrible!! It is cracked now and all scuffed up. I thought it was ok to put it on the top shelf but I will never do it again. I know the appearence of it has really hurt my sales for them. I know the Food Chopper is one of the top selling items, but I don't sell many and I'm sure that is why. I also need to get another rectangle chillzanne to use for my shows. The lid on mine has cracked and is scuffed up from being packed in my crate. It was like that before I earned the Show-to-go cases. It's hard to sell things when yours look horrible!

My director bought a new clear cover just for shows. I may do that.

Pull it all apart and rinse it really well when you're done using it. . .that should prevent those weird still stuck things. I do this for my food chopper, USG and my garlic press because I don't do my dishes until the morning after my show. Those are the three that give me the most fits with stuff sticking.

I use the cake tester to get down it the corners of the cutting blades. Works great!

BethCooks4U said:
I use the cake tester to get down it the corners of the cutting blades. Works great!
I should have known you'd have a great tip!

I use my baby bottle brush cleaner too to clean the creases before the food dries up.

BethCooks4U said:

Great idea Beth!!

you could also use a nylon pan scraper!! ;)

I have a citrus peeler in my drainboard...does wonders with nooks & crannies!!;) ;) ;)

Ginger:cool:

I keep a child's tiny toothbrush (unused :) I don't have children) at my kitchen sink. Works wonders on a number of P-Chef products.

I knew the cheffers would come through for me!!

I also keep pipe cleaners around for juice bottle straws and sippy cup parts.

Thanks for all of the great ideas!

gilliandanielle said:
I also keep pipe cleaners around for juice bottle straws and sippy cup parts.
Thats a great idea, too!

I know, I am a sippy cleaning genious! LOL!!

I had the same problem with the clear collar getting wrecked in my dishwasher. My recruiter, who works for an appliance store, told me that the tablet style dishwasher tabs will clump and mar plastic, even on the top shelf. She suggested I use the powder in a box and only fill the reservoir halfway. I have been doing that for about a month now and it is true that my dishes still get clean, I am saving money on the detergent and it does seem to help with the soap damage. She said the liquid stuff is bad too.... too hard to dissolve.

Just FYI.

PS: I did end up getting a new clear collar for the food chopper!

What is the best way to clean the blades of the food chopper?

The best way to clean the blades of the food chopper is to disassemble the chopper and wash the blades with warm soapy water. You can also use a soft brush or sponge to remove any food particles that may be stuck.

Can the food chopper be washed in the dishwasher?

No, the food chopper is not dishwasher safe. It is recommended to hand wash the chopper for best results.

How do I remove stains from the food chopper?

To remove stains from the food chopper, soak the blades and container in a mixture of warm water and white vinegar for a few minutes. Then, scrub with a soft brush or sponge and rinse with clean water.

Is it safe to use metal utensils to clean the food chopper?

No, it is not recommended to use metal utensils to clean the food chopper as it may scratch or damage the blades. It is best to use a soft brush or sponge for cleaning.

How often should I clean the food chopper?

It is recommended to clean the food chopper after each use to prevent any food residue from building up. If the chopper is used frequently, it is also a good idea to give it a deeper clean once a week.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• thehaleykitchen
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • WLMcCoy
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
tlag1986
Replies