• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Efficient Bulk Email Strategies for Growing Your Newsletter List

D
DizziePixie
Hi All-Knowing Ladies! ;)

I am having trouble. Because I gain a few or more emails at each show to enter into my list for monthly recipes, etc, I have accumulated quite a bit...good problem to have, right? BUT my email will not let me send them all at once so I end up sending 5-6 emails out until I send them all, and I'm always afraid of sending someone duplicates, etc.

How do you guys send monthly email newsletters? Thanks in advance for your wisdom :)

Rhonda

I use ConstantContact.com and have them send out the emails. Let me know if you need help on that or want more info.

Rhonda,

I go through my address book and send (BCC, of course) ten at a time. This seems to be a number that will not be considered spam. As my memory is not what is used to be, sometimes I have to write down the name of the person who will be first in the next batch of ten that I send.

It's tedious, but I don't know a better way. See if, at the least, you can send ten at a time.

Perhaps someone out there has a better way for us.

I use the Customer Connection feature on my PWS...so much easier than emailing out batches at a time...and much more professional looking.

I send them from my personal e-mail account and do one letter at a time. So all "As" and then all "Bs." Sometimes I split them and write down the last name.

I have used the customer connection once. I didn't like the fact that what I really wanted to say went at the very end of the e-mail. Also, it didn't send me one incorrect e-mail back. Usually I get a dozen or so. I like to know if they're wrong so I can remove them or change them until they are right. (Sometimes I enter them wrong or the writing is unclear so I'm not sure what it is and can change it until it's right.

I set up distribution lists in Outlook with any addresses I get at shows. Right now I have over 30 lists for PC because as was mentioned, otherwise they get sent to spam.

I am working on getting all my emails into Customer Connection on my website. The first transfer didn't go so well, so I'm back to square one.

Another option is to set up a Yahoo group for your newsletter distribution.

In my email, I have 3 different groups. Each one has a different title (PC Newsletter1, PC Newsletter2, PC Newsletter3). I only allow 60 emails to go on each group. When it gets full, I just start a new group. I will send my bulk emails out 1 group at a time.

I did the yahoo group thing, but most didn't sign up to be part of the list even though they were individually invited. Then later they asked why they weren't getting recipes, etc :p ugh!

Last edited by a moderator:
cmdtrgd said:
I use ConstantContact.com and have them send out the emails. Let me know if you need help on that or want more info.

Kate, I would love to know more about ConstantContact.com I have heard of it but know nothing other than there is a fee for the service, right? Thanks!

DizziePixie said:
I did the yahoo group thing, but most didn't sign up to be part of the list even though they were individually invited. Then later they asked why they weren't getting recipes, etc :p ugh!

Don't invite them--just add them!

But on Yahoo Groups you can't put pictures in your newsletters or I haven't figured out how o do that

DizziePixie said:
Kate, I would love to know more about ConstantContact.com I have heard of it but know nothing other than there is a fee for the service, right? Thanks!

You can try it out for 2 months or 100 subscribers. I like that I can see who opens the emails and if there are any clicks or forwards. There are some email providors that don't let you track them - gmail.com is one - so your open rate should be higher than what is shown. They also have great tools for you to create your newsletter, invitation, sale flyer, etc. And, you can put pictures in there, too. I can't do that with my email.

The fee is $15 per month for up to 500 subscribers. There is no limit to the amount of emails you send. And, you can create different groups. I have a Customer Newsletter one, Local Cluster, Hospitality Cluster, Whole Cluster, etc. It can be pretty powerful!

I set up Distro Lists in Outlook as well. I think I have 5 groups. A - D, E - H, or whatever. Then I just plug people in as I add them.

I don't mean like yahoo groups. You can actually go and create your own groups and they don't have to sign up to be part of a group. I use Gmail.com. All I do is set up groups and choose who is in which group.

cmdtrgd said:

I just took the tour on constantcontact.com and I think that's a great tool! I love the way you can track the activity, I really want to know who is opening the email, is anyone clicking around, was there any spam, things like that. The formatting tools look easy and professional, as well. I think for $15 a month it's probably worth it.

Thanks, Kate, for letting us know about it!

I've been using Constant Contact for 2 years now and it really makes sending the emails in my list (800+) so much easier. I still hope and pray that HO offers us a newsletter service, since Customer Connection is becoming more powerful, but until then, I'm sticking with Constant Contact. There is a referral program, so if you plan on signing up, make sure you ask either Kate or myself for a referral code/link!

Mary

I just use my PC email. (My ISP allows up to four email addresses, so I set one up for my PC business.) I created a group and use that in BCC, of course. Right now my list of names isn't huge because I live in a rural area where few people have internet access. However, it's growing.

I have all of my contacts in outlook and then use the Mail Merge feature in Word to send out my newsletters, etc. This way each newsletter goes out individually addressed to each contact and there is no problem with it being considered spam.

Sharon

swhitton said:
I have all of my contacts in outlook and then use the Mail Merge feature in Word to send out my newsletters, etc. This way each newsletter goes out individually addressed to each contact and there is no problem with it being considered spam.

Sharon

Sharon, can you give me details on how you do that? I have "contacts" in Outlook, but I noticed they have "contacts" and an "Outlook Address Book." Which do you use? Also, how exactly do you use Word with it.

I like the ConstantContact.com idea, but if I can use your idea for free, even better! Thanks!!

This is how I have my newsletters set up:

In outlook, under contacts, I set up a new folder for all of my pc contacts. When you are in your contacts, go under new and click on folder. You can name this however you would like. Then you can add your customers in as contacts and have them separate from all of your other contacts. If you already have your customers in your contacts, you can move them to your new list or leave them the way they are. I just like to keep my stuff separated.

In Word I do my newsletter like normal and save as a document. When it is ready to go, you do under Tools, Letters and Mailings and do a Mail Merge. It will walk you through. You would put in email message for document type. Select recipients from your Outlook contacts and select the personal folder that has your customers in it. Word will then bring up all the contacts in that folder and you can select all or which people to send to. It will then give the option to preview your email by showing one on the screen and again edit your recipient list. When you are done you will click merge and it will give you a dialog box for subject and format, when you click ok, it will send the emails to outlook for them to be sent. It will take a few minutes, depending on how many you have and what type of connection you have.

I hope this is understandable.

Let me know if you have any questions,
Sharon

Sharon,
What do you use for SMTP server? I use Gmail but they blocked my account after I sent 400 emails one day -- I think it's to prevent spam. I need to check and see if my ISP will allow me to send that many through their SMTP server.

Wow, Sharon, Thanks! Yes, how many do you send and does it ever limit you? That seems to be the answer I need if it doesn't limit me!!! I LOVE you guys! :p

Related to Efficient Bulk Email Strategies for Growing Your Newsletter List

1. What is the best approach for sending bulk emails to a large newsletter list?

The best approach for sending bulk emails to a large newsletter list is to use an email marketing service or software. These tools allow you to upload your list and send emails to all subscribers at once, without the risk of duplicates or missed emails. They also provide features such as tracking open rates and click-through rates, as well as managing unsubscribes.

2. How can I ensure that I am not sending duplicate emails to my subscribers?

Using an email marketing service or software can help prevent sending duplicate emails to your subscribers. These tools usually have features that automatically remove duplicate email addresses from your list, or allow you to manually remove them before sending the email.

3. Is it better to send one email with all subscribers at once, or multiple emails in smaller batches?

It is generally better to send one email to all subscribers at once, as it saves time and ensures that all subscribers receive the email at the same time. However, if you have a very large list, you may want to consider sending the email in smaller batches to prevent your email service provider's server from being overloaded.

4. How often should I send out my email newsletters?

This can vary depending on your audience and the content of your newsletter. Generally, it is recommended to send out newsletters at least once a month to keep subscribers engaged. However, you can also send them more frequently if you have relevant and valuable content to share.

5. Are there any other tips for managing a growing newsletter list and sending efficient bulk emails?

Aside from using an email marketing service or software, you can also regularly clean your email list by removing inactive or bounced email addresses. This will help improve your open and click-through rates, as well as save you money if you are using a paid email service. Additionally, always make sure to have a clear and easy way for subscribers to unsubscribe from your list if they no longer wish to receive emails from you.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Mary
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • WendyE
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
WendyE
  • redneckgleasonx4