• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Effective PC Sales Strategies for Seniors: Tips for Downsizing Empty Nesters

In summary, my cooking show in July will be mostly made up of people 55-75 and many of these ladies are downsizing. A lot of these ladies may enjoy Simple Additions products such as the easy openers, prep bowls, and measuring cups. Knives are also a good gift idea for those getting older, as no one wants dull knives. Gift ideas for older people include Pampered Chef items, cakes and pies made by a grandma, and the Stackable Cooling racks.
bridgetbakes
I have a cooking show in July in which the majority of the guests will be made up of people 55-75. A lot of these ladies are empty nesters who are downsizing.

So my question is this: Does anyone have any tips on selling PC to people who are at the stage of their lives when they are getting rid of "stuff" and not really purchasing "stuff"?

I thought I could highlight the Baker's Roller as a tool that is easy to use, especially for those with arthritis but if anyone has any other suggestions I would really appreciate it!

Small stones (fit in toaster oven and work great for just one or two servings), micro cookers, jar opener, easy opener (huge seller!), prep bowls (store single servings), easy read measuring cups. This also may be a group that likes to entertain so Simple Additions may be popular. Oh, don't forget gift giving for birthdays, weddings and Christmas. This is can be a wonderful crowd to target for a gift giving conversation.

Talk to your Host about the people who will be there. . .that will give you great ideas on where to start.

I don't have much experience with seniors, but I would focus on items for cooking smaller recipes such as the 8" saute pan, the small oval baker, the small round stone. Also, I think it's the Casual Cooking cookbook that has a section for cooking for two. Maybe cook something out of that cookbook and just triple or quadruple it for the party. HTH.

Jeanie

They also bake alot. My mother in law makes homemade pies and cakes all time. She uses the cake pans, scrapers, stainless steel bowls. She just recently purchased the kitchen shears and loves them. She is 72. She also had a stone for years that I gave her and never used it.Finally we drug it out of the cabinet to make her homemade biscuits and now that is all she uses, now my father in law only likes his biscuits on the stone!!! I tell that story all the time when I have older guests. Using my MIL as an example, they have used stuff for 40yrs + so you really have to talk them in to new things. But once you convince them they are great customers. They tell all their card club, church friends and then you are set. Good luck.

Knives are good to sell since no one wants dull knives. Gift ideas are another thing to push - who really wants to shop for a wedding gift? Be prepared for a lot of references to other products and how they do it. I always have someone mention Tupperware since that was the only home party around for a while. Be positive about it and say how PC has been around for a quarter of a century and stand behind our products just like Tupperware does.

I have had some experience with what older people want due to my Grandma's show. The JAR OPENER sold like hot cakes and they like that it could be mounted under the cabinet. Also, show the "table for two" section of stoneware to show that there are smaller sizes now that they aren't cooking for an army, but we have the larger sizes too when the army comes to visit. My grandma loves the baksets too. I have found that with older people who have done the same thing everyday for so long it is hard to change their habits like chopping with food chopper instead of by hand.

My mom loves the jar opener, and the small batter bowl. She's 72 and by herself, and totally LOVES Pampered Chef things.
She's also on a limited/fixed income and can't spend a lot at one time so she buys it little by little.

At my last show, on Saturday, she's ordering the prep bowl set.

Kris

Thanks everyone!Thanks all! As always, you guys have such great ideas. This is such a big help!

I was also thinking the counter-space-saving Stackable Cooling racks might be good for seniors who have downsized to smaller homes.

I LOVE THIS BOARD! WOOHOO!

GiftsYes gift ideas are a perfect idea. Great gifts for those who love to bake and cook in their lives. Also offer to gift wrap for them if they purchase $60 or more and they get a FREE guest special!
Also try to print up some sheets of items that are $5 and under, $10 and under, $20 and under, and so forth. These are great for those on a fixed income who might want to get a few things now and then. Also it's a great idea for them to have a show and earn FREE products. Have them invite over friends, family, daughters, sisters, etc....
It will be lots of fun. Remember to show off items as mentioned above that are great for older hands:
Jar opener
Easy opener
Corn cob nobs
small spatulas
bamboo tongs
coffee and more cups (soup & coffee)
Silicone pad/trivet
Micro cookers
twixit clips
citrus peeler
can strainer
I-slice
Just to name a few helpful gadgets, even for those we feel have everything.
Debbie

Things that help with arthritis:
Jar opener
longer handles on Exec. Cookware (sell it as a family heirloom!) - the handles can rest under the wrist which evens out the weight through the hand and arm
crinkle cutter - cuts lots of crisp and hard to cut stuff with just a rocking motion
i-slice - helps open the new fangled gadget packaging

pcjeanie said:
I don't have much experience with seniors, but I would focus on items for cooking smaller recipes such as the 8" saute pan, the small oval baker, the small round stone. Also, I think it's the Casual Cooking cookbook that has a section for cooking for two. Maybe cook something out of that cookbook and just triple or quadruple it for the party. HTH.

Jeanie
The new Stoneware Inspirations cookbook has a chapter for cooking for two...

My grandfather loves the beer bread...I gave him the set for X-Mas and he is always calling me for more bread mix! Seniors also seem to like the Sheers, Jar Opener and Prep Bowls.

You know? This has encouraged me to give my senior friends a call. I have some on my 100 list, but think (bad me) "Oh no, she doesn't cook anymore I'm sure, so why......"
Having been church secretary for a few years I made lots of friends with the wonderful senior group (Young at Heart, they're called) and I just know we'd have a blast.

Thanks for the kick in the seat!!!!
And the inspiration!

Kris

Related to Effective PC Sales Strategies for Seniors: Tips for Downsizing Empty Nesters

1. How can I effectively market Pampered Chef products to seniors who are downsizing?

One effective strategy is to emphasize the benefits of our products for smaller living spaces, such as our compact kitchen tools and storage solutions. You can also highlight the convenience of our products for seniors who may have difficulty with traditional kitchen tools.

2. What types of Pampered Chef products are best suited for downsizing empty nesters?

Our line of compact kitchen tools and storage solutions are perfect for downsizing empty nesters. Additionally, our multi-functional products, such as our cookware sets with interchangeable lids, are a great option for those looking to save space in their kitchen.

3. How can I overcome objections from seniors about the cost of Pampered Chef products?

One way to address this concern is by highlighting the durability and long-term savings of our products. Many of our products are built to last and can save money in the long run by eliminating the need for frequent replacements. You can also offer payment plans or discounts for first-time customers to make our products more affordable.

4. What are some effective ways to demonstrate the value of Pampered Chef products to seniors?

Hosting cooking demonstrations or in-home parties is a great way to showcase the value of our products. You can also offer free samples or trials of our products to allow seniors to experience their functionality and quality firsthand.

5. How can I build long-term relationships with senior customers who are downsizing?

Stay in touch with your senior customers by sending them personalized emails or mailing them recipe cards featuring our products. You can also offer special discounts or promotions for repeat customers. Building a strong rapport and providing excellent customer service can help retain senior customers for the long term.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Kitchen Diva
  • heyyou
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
pampcheflynda
  • pampered.chris
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies