• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Easy Apple Burritos: A Recipe from It's Good for You Cookbook

In summary, the ingredients needed for Easy Apple Burritos are flour tortillas, apples, cinnamon, sugar, butter, and caramel sauce. You can also use other types of fruit as a substitute for apples. To make the burritos crispy, brush them with melted butter before baking. They can be made ahead of time and reheated before serving. This recipe is suitable for vegetarians as it does not contain any meat or meat products.
ejgcaffeinated
Does anyone remember the recipe for the easy apple burritos I think that it is in the It's good for you cookbook.

Easy Apple BurritosHere is the recipe:
Easy Apple Burritos

3 large Granny Smith apples ~ I cut them in half (about 4 cups)
2 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon Pantry Korintje Cinnamon
1 teaspoon 70% vegetable oil spread
1 orange
6 (6-inch) flour tortillas
6 tablespoons fat-free caramel ice cream topping
1 1/2 cups fat-free vanilla frozen yogurt (optional)
Additional Pantry Korinjte Cinnamon

1. Peel, core and slice apples using Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer; cut apple slices into quarters. Place apples, sugar, cinnamon and vegetable oil spread in Large Micro-Cooker. Microwave, covere,*on HIGH 3-4 minutes or until apples are crisp-tender.
2. Zest orange using Lemon Zester/Scorer to measure 1/2 teaspoon zest. Add orange zest to apple mixture; mix gently. Spread 1/3 cup apple mixture down center of each tortilla; roll up tightly. Place burritos in Square Baker, seam side down.
3. Microwave, uncovered, on HIGH 3-4 minutes or until heated through. To serve, place burrito on Desert plate. Top with on scoop frozen yogurt; drizzle with 1 tablespoon ice cream topping.*Sprinkle with cinnamon. Repeat with remaining burritos. Serve immediately.

Yield: 6 servings

Nutritional value of apple burritosThank you. Do you happen to know the nutritional value, calories, fat, fiber?

ejgcaffeinated said:
Thank you. Do you happen to know the nutritional value, calories, fat, fiber?

No, I sure don't. Sorry

ejgcaffeinated said:
Thank you. Do you happen to know the nutritional value, calories, fat, fiber?

Nutrients per serving: Calories 260 (10%calories from fat), Total Fat 3 g. Saturated Fat .5 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Carbohydrate 56 g, Protein 6 g,
Sodium 230 mg, Fiber 3 g

Diabetic exchange per serving: 2 starch, 1 1/2 fruit (3 1/2 carb)

Lee Anne :)

What are the ingredients needed to make Easy Apple Burritos?

The ingredients needed for Easy Apple Burritos are flour tortillas, apples, cinnamon, sugar, butter, and caramel sauce.

Can I use a different type of fruit instead of apples?

Yes, you can use any type of fruit such as bananas, peaches, or berries as a substitute for apples in the recipe.

How do I make the burritos crispy?

To make the burritos crispy, brush them with melted butter before baking them in the oven.

Can I make these ahead of time and reheat them?

Yes, you can make the burritos ahead of time and reheat them in the oven or microwave before serving.

Is this recipe suitable for vegetarians?

Yes, this recipe does not contain any meat or meat products, making it suitable for vegetarians.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• smartcookie
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • Chef Kearns
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
JAE
  • its_me_susan