• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Dull Kitchen Shears (Old Style)

In summary, kitchen shears can become dull over time and with frequent use, and improper cleaning and maintenance can also contribute to dullness. It is possible to sharpen them, but it is important to use the correct tools and techniques. The frequency of sharpening will depend on usage and it is recommended to sharpen every 3-6 months. To prevent dullness, clean after each use, avoid cutting hard or frozen foods, and store properly. Specific cleaning instructions include washing with warm soapy water and avoiding harsh chemicals or abrasive cleaners.
ChefBeckyD
Gold Member
Does anyone know a good way to sharpen the old style white kitchen shears?

I'm calling a potential booking/recruit lead tonight, and she had asked me this question last time we chatted - I'd really love to be able to give her the answer tonight when we talk!

They are self sharpening. Hers are probably loose and therefore not sharpening themselves anymore. She has to tap the bolt (not the right word, but I can't think of the word I'm looking for) that holds the blades together so it's tighter.Okay, I am not describing this well at all....hope you can understand what I'm tryign to say! LOL!!

You can fold up aluminum foil and cut through it several times to add a little oomph to the self-sharpening.

Thanks Deb & Rae!

Related to Dull Kitchen Shears (Old Style)

1. Why are my kitchen shears dull?

Over time and with frequent use, kitchen shears can become dull due to wear and tear on the blades. They may also become dull if they are not cleaned and maintained properly.

2. Can I sharpen my dull kitchen shears?

Yes, it is possible to sharpen your dull kitchen shears. However, it is important to use the correct sharpening tools and techniques to avoid damaging the blades.

3. How often should I sharpen my kitchen shears?

The frequency of sharpening your kitchen shears will depend on how often you use them and the types of food you cut. It is recommended to sharpen them every 3-6 months for regular use, or more frequently if you notice them becoming dull.

4. How can I prevent my kitchen shears from becoming dull?

To prevent your kitchen shears from becoming dull, it is important to clean them after each use and store them properly. Avoid cutting hard or frozen foods with them and use a cutting board instead of cutting on hard surfaces like plates or countertops.

5. Are there any specific cleaning instructions for my kitchen shears?

Yes, it is important to clean your kitchen shears after each use to prevent buildup of food or bacteria. You can wash them with warm soapy water and dry them thoroughly before storing. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive cleaners on the blades.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefLAM
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • SusanBP0129
  • Buy Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
SusanBP0129
  • kcjodih