• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Have You Tried Double Chocolate Mousse Cups Yet?

painting the shells is extremely tedious, and I only did 2. i'm doing this at a party on Sat, and am wondering if we add a tsp or so of shortening to the chocolate if that would make it easier to work with.I'm going to try that tonight and see how it goes.
wadesgirl
Gold Member
Has anyone made these yet? I have not had a chance but I want to offer it for next season. I'm trying to get my recipes prepared today. Is it a good show recipe?

The girl who made this at our cluster meeting said it was just hard to find the cups. She had to go to two different stores and then the ones she found seemed to be bigger than she thought. So she might have had the wrong size. Because of that, she ended up needing more chocolate. She said for a demo, she would do the chocolate coating mostly before-hand because it's a little tedious. But they looked and tasted really, really good. I really want to make these sometime.

I made these several times now and love them. The cups I have found are only in one size and had no problem with the amount of chocolate mousse for it. You don't want to to the top, probably between 1/2 and 3/4 because you also add a few berries and almonds. I also drizzled a little chocolate sauce on each one to give a "restaurant" look to them. The cups I found at my local grocers and also at Super Walmart. My one huge suggestion is to do the chocolate lining of the cup ahead of time and just discuss what you did in your demo as this part will be long and tedious (depending on how many you have to do) but it took me about 10-15 minutes just to do the 10 as they are fragile so you tend to handle with care.

Fluffy215 said:
I made these several times now and love them. The cups I have found are only in one size and had no problem with the amount of chocolate mousse for it. You don't want to to the top, probably between 1/2 and 3/4 because you also add a few berries and almonds. I also drizzled a little chocolate sauce on each one to give a "restaurant" look to them. The cups I found at my local grocers and also at Super Walmart. My one huge suggestion is to do the chocolate lining of the cup ahead of time and just discuss what you did in your demo as this part will be long and tedious (depending on how many you have to do) but it took me about 10-15 minutes just to do the 10 as they are fragile so you tend to handle with care.

Or have everyone do their own.

We had these at our cluster's recipe tasting and they are delicious! The cups are quite large and the recipe only makes 10 so we were concerned about making them for a show that would have more than 10 in attendance. However, they were able to be cut fairly easily without much crumbling and 1/2 of one was a perfect amount :).The consultant in my cluster who made them was able to find the cups easily, I believe she purchased them at Walmart.

I found that if you want to cut them it's easiest to cut them after filling them. The hardened chocolate helps to keep the shell together.

I would do interactive and get people to spread the chocolate on their own cups.

If you have the easy accent decorator - you can use that to fill the cups. You do have to refill it a couple times though.
And you can bring the salad&berry spinner for the berries if you want to.

The shells were easy to find at my local grocery store (Wegmans).

Overall these are tasty!! Great option for not having to bake.

Oh, yes, we definitely cut them after they were made. We also made the same suggestion about using the EAD to fill them, great minds! :)

I wondered about the EAD, seemed easier but like you said, you do have to fill it a couple times.

I just wonder how would everyone coat their own cups unless you have many silicone brushes. I only have one and would still find it tedious to pass around let alone the chocolate getting hard while waiting for everyone to have a turn. Just my thinking LOL

i made this for dessert on v-day. i agree painting the shells is extremely tedious, and I only did 2. I'm doing this at a party on Sat, and am wondering if we add a tsp or so of shortening to the chocolate if that would make it easier to work with. I'm going to try that tonight and see how it goes.

Oh and I also just found regular waffle cups at the store... they're by the ice cream supplies.

pckellyd said:
i made this for dessert on v-day. i agree painting the shells is extremely tedious, and I only did 2. I'm doing this at a party on Sat, and am wondering if we add a tsp or so of shortening to the chocolate if that would make it easier to work with. I'm going to try that tonight and see how it goes.

Oh and I also just found regular waffle cups at the store... they're by the ice cream supplies.

Did you just cut the recipe down to make 2? Did it work out well? I could see myself trying just that but the thought of trying 10! :eek:

I made this and had no problem. I coated the shells with the chocolate before the show and it was easy to do. The last cup was a little bit harder than the rest just because the chocolate was starting to harden again but it wasn't too big of a deal.

I used strawberries instead of raspberries, because they were on sale for 1.88 and the raspberries were 2.99..lol.....I did 10 strawberry fans for the tops of each cup and then chopped up the rest of the strawberries and sprinkled them around in the cups after filling with the mousse.

The mousse only fills the cups about halfway, so if you want them full to the top then you will have to double the mousse recipe.

I made the full amount of mousse and we had yummy treats all weekend... but i only painted 2 shells. I figure if I do this at a party where I need 1 or 2 more I have them on hand.... or dh can just use them for ice cream bowls. I also used vanilla pudding because I couldn't fine the white chocolate. I will say to make sure the white chips are very well melted so they mix well into the pudding mixture.

1. What ingredients are needed to make the Double Chocolate Mousse Cups?

The Double Chocolate Mousse Cups require the following ingredients:

• 1 package of chocolate cake mix
  • 1 package of instant chocolate pudding mix
  • 2 cups of cold milk
  • 1 cup of heavy cream
  • 1/4 cup of powdered sugar
  • 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
  • Chocolate shavings for garnish (optional)

2. How many servings does the recipe yield?

The recipe makes 12 Double Chocolate Mousse Cups.

3. Can I use a different type of cake mix?

Yes, you can use any type of cake mix you prefer. However, the chocolate cake mix pairs well with the chocolate mousse filling.

4. How long do the Double Chocolate Mousse Cups need to chill before serving?

The mousse cups need to chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours before serving. This will allow the mousse to set and the flavors to develop.

5. Can I make the mousse cups ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the mousse cups up to 24 hours in advance. Just cover them and keep them chilled in the refrigerator until ready to serve.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
sharalam
  • Tpol04
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
Replies
Views
Staci