• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Resealable Plastic Bag Vs. Easy Accent Decorator

S big showIn summary, the conversation discusses different options for using resealable plastic bags in recipes, specifically for the Double Chocolate Mousse Cups. Some people prefer using the Easy Accent Decorator for easier use and to showcase another product, while others prefer using a plastic bag for convenience and less mess. It is also mentioned that the recipe may not call for the EAD to make it more accessible for new consultants. Some prefer to use the decorator bottles or disposable cake decorating bags instead of plastic bags. The conversation concludes with the decision to wait until April for a big show to purchase the EAD.
pattikake
I'm packing my kit for a show tonight, and wondered what you all use for recipes that call for "resealable plastic bags", like the Double Chocolate Mousse Cups. Do you use the bags? Or the Easy Accent Decorator? I would think the EAD would be easier to use, and also shows another product. Just interested in what you all use and your thoughts!

Patti

Depends on what it's for. The mousse would go GREAT in the EAD! Melted chocolate works better in a ziploc bag.

Are those mousse cups a new consultant recipe? If so, that's why they don't call for the EAD so that newbies see that they own all of the products mentioned in the recipe.

For the mousse cups recipe all of the filling doesn't fit in the EAD. So you have to stop and "re-load". With the plastic baggie you can just dump all of the mousse in there, use, and then toss the bag. So maybe that is why they have a bag reccomended in that recipe.

I think Kelly is correct, it's stated that way so new consultants can do it with their kit.

IMO: USE OUR PRODUCTS! Having to refill it just shows how easy it is to do that (use the medium scoop to fill the EAD with ease). I never use a ziploc bag for recipes - not even for drizzling melted chocolate (I use the decorator bottles for that). Before we had the decorator bottles I used a ziploc and I placed it in the measure-all for stability to fill it - again using our products.

I can't wait to order the EAD! Last time I used a baggie, the seam exploded as I used it and it made a huge mess! Luckily it was at home and not during a show. Of course then I would just say--"See, that's why the EAD is on my wish list!" :D

i don't have EAD but I hate using plastic bags. THey never work right for me. I usually use the disposable cake decorating bags myself. I like to decorate cakes so usually have a supply on hand. Just what works for me. I do think I should get EAD. I think I'll wait till April for KIM

1. What is the main difference between a resealable plastic bag and an Easy Accent Decorator?

The main difference between a resealable plastic bag and an Easy Accent Decorator is the purpose they serve. A resealable plastic bag is primarily used for storing and preserving food, while an Easy Accent Decorator is specifically designed for decorating and dispensing sauces, batters, and other ingredients.

2. Can an Easy Accent Decorator be used as a resealable bag?

No, an Easy Accent Decorator is not meant to be used as a resealable bag. It is not air-tight and does not have a seal, so it cannot effectively preserve food like a resealable plastic bag can. It is important to use the right tool for the right job to ensure food safety and freshness.

3. What are the benefits of using an Easy Accent Decorator over a resealable plastic bag?

An Easy Accent Decorator offers more precision and control when dispensing ingredients, making it ideal for decorating food or filling pastries. It also reduces mess and waste, as it allows for easy dispensing and measuring. Additionally, the Easy Accent Decorator is reusable and dishwasher safe, making it more eco-friendly and cost-effective compared to constantly using disposable plastic bags.

4. Can I use an Easy Accent Decorator with hot liquids?

Yes, an Easy Accent Decorator is safe to use with hot liquids, as it is made from heat-resistant materials. However, it is important to always use caution and follow the instructions provided when using any kitchen tool with hot ingredients.

5. Is an Easy Accent Decorator difficult to clean?

No, an Easy Accent Decorator is easy to clean. It can be disassembled for thorough cleaning and is also dishwasher safe for added convenience. Just be sure to remove any remaining food or residue before placing it in the dishwasher for best results.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
tlennhoff
  • shelly.nurse
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
shelly.nurse
  • 1PamperedMommy
  • Products and Tips
Replies