• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Don't Take Expired Prescriptions: My Itchy Allergy Story

In summary, the conversation discusses the story of a woman who took an expired prescription for her allergies, resulting in a severe allergic reaction. She realized she had taken an expired prescription when she noticed the expiration date on the bottle. It is important to not take expired prescriptions as they may be ineffective or harmful. If you accidentally take one, seek medical attention and do not take any more of the medication. To prevent this, always check the expiration date and properly dispose of expired prescriptions.
lockhartkitchen
Now I know why you shouldn't use an expired prescription. I have a medicine that I can take if I think a bladder infection may come on. It was 4 months expired, but I didn't even think about it. It's not the fact that it's expired, but when I first was given the medicine, I wasn't taking the other medicine I take.

I haven't slept yet tonight. I went to bed at 1:00 after taking the bladder infection medicine. 4:00 AM woke up itching to death! Worse feeling than chicken pox. Same symptoms I had a couple of months ago when I went to the emergency room for strep and was put on this antibiotic. Allergic reaction!! Look it up, and sure enough sulfar based. It reacts to my other medicine and online said don't take with it. ER didn't asked about my other medicines. I'm itchy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hives city.

Re: itchy!!!Hope you are better today, Been there done the hive thing....

SUCKS that the ER didn't even bother to ask.

Becareful taking Benadryl I've taken so much over the years that I know have reactions from it. My throat and tonge swell.

Carol

Re: itchy!!!Sorry you are going through this. It can be rough.

Re: itchy!!!eeekkk, I have a friend who is allergic to sulfer, and i've seen her in misery when mistakenly prescribed it... I feel soooo bad for you right now, I hope you are feeling better!

Re: itchy!!!I was fine by 11 the next morning. I felt horrible!

Related to Don't Take Expired Prescriptions: My Itchy Allergy Story

1. What is the story behind "Don't Take Expired Prescriptions: My Itchy Allergy Story"?

The story is about a woman who accidentally took an expired prescription for her allergies, which resulted in a severe allergic reaction and itchiness all over her body.

2. How did the woman realize she had taken an expired prescription?

She noticed that the expiration date on the prescription bottle was over a year ago and realized she had forgotten to check the date before taking the medication.

3. Why is it important to not take expired prescriptions?

Expired prescriptions may not be as effective in treating your condition and can even be harmful. The potency and safety of the medication may decrease over time, and the ingredients may also degrade, causing adverse reactions.

4. What should I do if I accidentally take an expired prescription?

If you have taken an expired prescription, it is important to seek medical attention immediately. Inform your doctor about the situation and follow their instructions. Do not take any more of the expired medication.

5. How can I prevent accidentally taking expired prescriptions?

Make sure to always check the expiration date before taking any medication. It is also helpful to regularly clean out your medicine cabinet and properly dispose of expired prescriptions. Ask your doctor or pharmacist for tips on proper storage and handling of medications.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
baychef
Replies
Views
raebates
  • paroese
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pamperedposey