• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Dont Know What to Do Any More:(

In summary, the person is at a stand still and is getting frustrated with their recruiter. They have talked to their recruiter and been given a bunch of things to do, but they feel as if they are not getting help or support. They are looking for advice on what to do next.
milkangel
i am at a stand still right now and it is getting fustrating. My recruiter is still going but she only does catalog shows now and still gets any one to order from her and i can not get a thing out of any thing and we both know the same people and also go to the same church. Seems as if every one likes her better than me. evern at chruch. i had talked to her and she gave me abunch of things and some contacts were in there and she wants to keep them because they still order from her and close friends and she alwasys gets what she wants. i really have a great time selling but if i cant get to where i want to get to with it and my dreamswont go any where. i should just give it up! and just buy from her but i do think she will be in it much longer. i never know. What should i do?:cry: Please what sould i do? i really do not know. she has never really ben to help full at all. Have akid coming in dec and i want to keep going but HOW? i so NEED HLEP!!! PLEASE HELP!!!:cry:

you need to find a way out of your circle. Once you get in another group, other than the church, you will find your busienss grow. Find a group to join that has similar interests. I have made contacts at the gym, relay for life, bible study with another church, parents of kids friends, etc- You need a new circle

So you know the same people...but I am sure if you thought LONG and hard about it...you know more people than you think!!
When I first started and was filling out my list of 100 I thought man, I do NOT know that many people...when I was done...I had a list of over 250 and I decided to stop there!!
Don't just think about people you know and she knows...think about everyone from all your different walks in life. Family, friends, familyfriends, your parents friends and who they know, people from the grocery store, the pharmacy, bank, car shop(they have wives), etc.
I am sure it seems tough right now but you are thinking about who do you know that doesn't know and do business w/ your recruiter...you need to stop thinking that way and start thinking who do YOU know. Who cares who knows her. And maybe your friends are customers of hers, but maybe they would really like to help you out. I would still let everyone know that you are in the business, so that way they can come to you if they want. It is THEIR choice not hers who they do business with. I have had dealings w/ DS company people that I didn't like and when I found someone else, I would ask, why didn't you tell me? They would say well you do business w/ "Sally". Don't presume they don't want to do business w/ you!!

I hope this helps...sorry it is so long!!

Edited to add: I am not in any way encouraging you to "steal" her customers. You are just letting them know that you are doing this. Afterall, they are your associates too and maybe they can refer someone to you.

Last edited:
Whoa!
Call down there sweetie :) (HUGS)
Have a cookie and some tea and relax.
My first suggestion, after calming down would be...
To call your DIRECTOR. I do not think it is your recruiter. Please call her and tell her everything and build a relationship with her so that she can help you continue on with your business that you seem to love so much.
Then get a good nights sleep. Preggo girls should not be stressed :)

I would think your Director should be able to give you some ideas to slowly and manageably get out of the circle that is wrapped up with this woman and help you to develop your own clientele.
It will not happen over night but you can do it!
Keep us posted :)

You need to stop "stinking thinking"! I spent about a month doing that and ended up with no sales. Then I realized just like Chris said, maybe someone who knows her wants to try out someone new! There is a director in my town that got so obnoxious with trying to "force" people into booking shows, several have told her that they know a new consultant they will use because she is too pushy! She called one lady and SPOKE with her every day for 5 days to try to talk her into having a Show. The lady finally said she had a lady from her church and NOT to call her again!

There has been a lot of great ideas on here about pampering businesses, talking to exercise places about setting up a table, etc. Step out of the box and push yourself! I know it's hard... Maybe you can look in the newspaper for homes just bought or apartments newly rented. I have a card I made to give to new residents in my apt complex telling them who I am and I am giving them a "Free Show" as a "welcome to the neighborhood" special. We just had 3 people move in townhouses on my street and one new person in our apt complex so I am giving those out tomorrow. I put in my "specials" sheet, the Host/Guest Special for the month (since it is tomorrow, doing September), and a catalog. It can't hurt...

I'm sorry you're feeling so down. Take some deep breaths and focus on your goals and dreams. Focus on what is right with you and your life. Take time to be thankful for everything every day. Then....

Try to think about your business in a positive light. Look at your post and see all the negative. Turn things around by giving a positive response to all of your negative issues. For example "She always gets what she wants!" Good for her. We should be happy for those who get what they want. How does she do it? Look at the way she goes about things to get what she wants and learn what you can from her. Is she positive when she talks to other people about things, not just PC? Does she focus on herself in conversation or on others in conversation? There may be personality traits that you can't emulate because it would be fake, but everyone can be more positive and less selfish.

You can do it. I really have to work at my self talk to make sure it's not negative. It is hard work, but as things turn around towards the positive my life is better because I feel better and see the good all around.

thanks every one it is helpful but most of my family and my husbands has ordered and soes not ever want a show so i stoped asking them. i am new with a 20 month old kid so i still do not mmost people yet for school i will be starting a ecfe class with him in sept here soon and maby if i can find a comunity ed thing i cvan do a cooking class which they do no have in pipestone mn. any other ideas please. my husband wants to leave me to my own business and is not much help so i ewill need it from you all.

Okay so you have hit up family for orders...what about referrals?! If you ask them for help with your children will they say yes? Ask them to help you with your business. Ask if they would mind talking to other people about what you do and taking a catalog with them to work and passing it around with a note that says to place orders call or email "Sally". If you have asked and they have said no, did you ask them why? I think with family you have the ability to be a little pushy and ask why they won't help you (if they have said no).
Get out of town. I live in a small town and the closest town next to us is 10 miles of trees and mountains away and it is smaller. To get to a town of the same size I have to go 20-30 miles. Make flyers w/ the rip off tags at the bottom or a folder pocket with your business card. Make sure your phone number, email address and website are on there (or whatever you are comfortable with) and put an offer on the back of the card, Call/email/order by such and such a date and receive 10% off, or free shipping.
Take the flyers to the neighboring towns and hang them up at the grocery store, post office, laundromat, where ever you can think of. Go into the banks in the other towns and ask if you can pamper their business or if anyone may need a consultant, etc.

But keep positive. Like Jae said, what is your recruiter doing that you aren't? First and foremost a good positive smiley attitude will get you a LONG LONG way!!

it is hard to get to another tow being my hubby wants me home most of the time being of the gass and and the money for the gass. i cant seem to get him to see this buisness in a different vew except of what he sees of it. i have done other ds before and never amounted to any thing. so he got burnt with them. he has not talked to my diector yet and i wnat him to come to a meeting sometime and see for him self has ben to a show before but did not like being there. so any ideas to get him to think differently? and how to put it in a different viiew for him to let me go and get to another town. there are a few that i need to get to. about 5-6 others that i can think of that are close to me.

I wouldn't worry about your hubby quite yet. Get your mind thinking positive and act on your goals to reach them. When your dh sees your success he'll turn around. As you start getting a bigger pay check and free products, you'll become even more motivated. You won't need to talk your dh into believing.

ok so in order to go some where i should just go and do what i think is best? he does.

Totally agree with that! If he does it, he shouldn't mind if you do it. Just make sure it's what's best for you and your family. If dh is being selfish, it's not okay for you to be selfish. Doing what is best is different from being selfish.

i gave a catalog and some cards to a friend in the reality buisness and she will put them out at her offece for me and also a friend works at a gass sation that i do not buy gass from so she will help too. reality lady had said to put cards on the catalogs and put them in the laundomat. and went to a grage sale and talked to a lady from the school here and had aked her if any one does cooking classes and she said one did but other wise no one does. so i am going to contact the extention office her in town. any other ideas would be help full

Have your family members/friends had shows for you? If not, ask them if they will hold a show to get you in touch with people who are interested in ordering. Explain to them that you are not asking them to spend any money (you have to be willing to provide the ingredients for the recipe you demonstrate) but you really need their help to meet lots of new people. Be sure to Host Coach the snot out of them so they have lots of guests. . .especially people you don't know!

Be sure to tell them if they can help you this one time you will never ask them to Host a show again. (One of P-Chef's very successful male consultants did this with his close circle. Lots of them did have shows again later, because they liked the product [and getting it for free/discounted] but he stuck to his promise of not ever asking the others again.)

As far as your husband? If he doesn't believe that you can be successful in this business, you must never tell him another negative thing about it again. No kidding! When you are feeling down or depressed, call your Director or come on here but NEVER let him see you thinking/feeling negatively. As you become more successful, he may come around. But, there are a lot of consultants on this site who are running a great business and do not have support from their spouses.

Chin up!

Is there a MOMS Club or MOPS? Another option to get you into new circles. They are both national organizations.
International MOMS Club
MOPS International - Mothers of Preschoolers
ECFE will help. I Love ECFE! So glad I had my kids while living in MN! I would suggest at first just carying catalogs or wearing logo wear. I did this and got to know people a bit before I started asking people to book.
This is a great time of year for festivals and Fundraisers. Get your name in the playbill for the HS play. Go shopping at the farmers market with LOGO wear. Have recipe cards with your oinfo on them to hand out to anyone who comments. I have been doing this everywhere I go!
Chin up! If you are comited it will come arround. I have had lots of up's and downs in my biz. I had an 18 month old when I started, was fairly successful, then moved and had another baby. Now I am involved in alot of other things so do not comit as much time to PC as I would like but life goes in cycles and my kids are only this age once. I am trying to enjoy all aspects of my life.

What about contacting organisations about fundraisers. I have found a phone call better than a letter as initial contact and people are always pleased new suggestions for raising money, especially when it's as easy as a PC show.

Good luck!

Hi all i am doing better since i posted i curently have one ccoking show to close and 2 catalog shows in the works and a show the 20th too. So not to bad and 2 catalog shows for oct and one for sure in nov and a maby on cooking in nov but calling her when it gets closer. i have droped catalogs and cards off at a laundry matt and put out 10 and 8 were gone gave a catalog to a gass staion at least 3 of them one from here and the other 2 in other towns close by. but no word from them yet. Any other ideas? and i can not send any e-mails with attatchments from msn and it is hard to get any pictures with the e-mail to send like the new products. where to get the fall flash flyer?

I'm so glad you are feeling better about your business.

Re: Dont know what to do any more:(
Look into doing a business expo maybe in a nearby town. I just did one last weekend and got alot of leads. They had people from all over in town for an Art Festival so I got leads from all over.
I send out a monthly newsletter and try to get all the new emails that I can so I can build my customer base. It has certainly helped. People also now visit my website where they didn't before.
I've only been in the business for 3 years, but things are going much better than when I first started. I'm going to more than double my business this year over last year.
Good luck and don't give up. There are alot of customers looking for consultants out there. Keep your eyes open.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

1. What can I do when I feel overwhelmed and don't know what to do any more?

This is a common feeling, especially during times of stress or uncertainty. One thing you can do is take a step back and prioritize. Make a list of tasks or responsibilities and focus on one at a time. You can also try practicing relaxation techniques such as deep breathing or mindfulness to calm your mind.

2. How do I stay motivated when I don't know what to do any more?

Motivation can be difficult to maintain when you feel stuck or unsure of what to do. One way to stay motivated is to set achievable goals for yourself and celebrate small victories. It's also helpful to remind yourself of your long-term goals and the reasons why you started in the first place.

3. Is it normal to feel lost and unsure of what to do any more?

Yes, it is completely normal to feel this way at times. Life can be unpredictable and it's okay to not have all the answers. Instead of focusing on what you don't know, try to focus on what you do know and the steps you can take to figure things out.

4. How can I make a decision when I don't know what to do any more?

It can be overwhelming to make a decision when you are feeling lost or unsure. Start by gathering all the information you need and weighing the pros and cons of each option. You can also seek advice from trusted friends or family members. Remember, it's okay to make a decision and change your mind later if needed.

5. What can I do to find direction when I don't know what to do any more?

Finding direction can be challenging, but there are steps you can take to help. Take time to reflect on your values, interests, and strengths. This can provide clarity and guide you towards a path that aligns with your goals and values. Seeking guidance from a career counselor or mentor can also be beneficial.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pchefmillard
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • milkangel
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
crystalscookingnow
Replies