• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Any Thoughts on What I Could Do for This Situation?

In summary, the original host was bummed she didn't get any bookings and the new host wanted to book, but couldn't because the original host cancelled the bookings. The new host suggested giving the original host something from the outlet to make up for it, and the original host agreed.
mama2emma
Gold Member
I closed a show for a host this past week. She had two friends who were going to book, and they both changed their minds. I just got a call from another friend of hers who was out of town, but wanted to book, she just didn't get any of our voice mails. We both feel awful. I would love to figure out some kind of incentive/thank you for the original host - she is a friend, she worked really hard on her show, and was bummed she didn't get any bookings.

Give me your best ideas! Thanks!

I buy items off the outlet to keep for gifts just in case. They are usually better than a door prize, but still not very expensive.

Do you have another show going in that you can put the new booking under?If so ... then let's just give them all names for clarity's sake ...Current hostss .. MaryCurrent' hostess' friend ... JaneHostess of other show ... Lisa ...So since you've already turned in Mary's party, put Jane down as a booking from Lisa's show. Explain the whole situation to Lisa so she knows what's going on. Then when Jane has her show ... contact Mary and get her order ... and put it under Lisa's name.As long as all 3 women are in the loop, everything should be OK, everybody gets what they've earned and nobody loses out.I don't know if that's OK or not ... but I think it's kind of unfair that we can't do bookings retroactively in cases like that, so that's why I suggested what I did.In the future, if you THINK you have a booking, pick a date at random. If the booking doesn't hold, the past host loses nothing.

Did you enter the other two friends as bookings on the submitted show? If so, then the original host can still get the booking benefit from the friend who does want to host a show. As far as I know HO doesn't look at names, just at number of shows booked on the original show. Then they keep track of the original host and make sure she doesn't get any more monthly host specials than number of bookings from her show. (Sorry that seems a bit confusing, I'm not sure how to explain it better!)

sfdavis918 said:
Did you enter the other two friends as bookings on the submitted show? If so, then the original host can still get the booking benefit from the friend who does want to host a show. As far as I know HO doesn't look at names, just at number of shows booked on the original show. Then they keep track of the original host and make sure she doesn't get any more monthly host specials than number of bookings from her show. (Sorry that seems a bit confusing, I'm not sure how to explain it better!)

No, being a bone-headed new consultant, when they said they didn't want to book, I cancelled the bookings in the show. D'oh! It feels like such a rookie mistake, now I know better. Put a date in! Leave it there just in case!

When does the new host want to book? Is it possible to still give the original host the special and just eat the difference if it's not to expensive of an item?

Don't worry about the "rookie" mistake. We all make them, and you definitely won't make it again!;)

You need to be careful with the ethics of the situation. If someone did not book, the past host CANNOT get the booking benefit at their show. Personally, if someone is THINKING of booking and MIGHT have the show in 6 months, I put them down as a booking. If the show is held, the past host gets the special. If not, oh well. Secondly, if you put an order under someone else's name, that person is covered for the warranty, not the person who purchased. I have, however, asked the next host if I could add a co-host to the show so she could get the booking benefit. That is a little close to the ethics line, but it is something I did in a situation where we could not contact the future booking until later. Looking back, I should have just added the future booking to the original show. Since it was my mistake, I tried to fix it.What to do now - I like the suggestion on giving her something from the outlet. Something else I do (this is what I changed to from adding a co-host) is a referral program. If someone refers a host to me (outside the booking at a show), they get $25 to spend AT that show. If someone refers a recruit to me, they get $25 to spend WITH the new consultant WHEN s/he has qualified. It isn't something at 60% off, but it is free products.HTHPS. HO does read this board, so please make sure that your practices are ethical and in line with the agreement you signed. I'm not so sure the co-host idea I did in the past is ethical.

Di - just a thought on the retroactive bookings. If that were possible, there wouldn't be any sense of urgency with getting bookings before the show closes. Work closely with your host and coach him/her to get bookings so s/he can get the discount. Use DYLAB. I also choose the monthly recipe based on the next month's host special and explain that to the host. That gets the host more bookings which equals more savings.

How about when the new host has her show (say in March) you offer as a thank you the cheese board (w/o SA) and add it to the past hosts order (she does get 10%) and you eat the rest as a thank you -Just a suggestion if you can .

PamperedDor said:
How about when the new host has her show (say in March) you offer as a thank you the cheese board (w/o SA) and add it to the past hosts order (she does get 10%) and you eat the rest as a thank you -Just a suggestion if you can .

Or you could just let her have a host special in whatever month her friend books in and write the difference off as a "Consultant Gift". It will cost you, but you'll never make that mistake again.

Thanks for all the input - you're right, I will NEVER make that mistake again. After lots of thinking I've decided to offer the original host $25 towards an order at her friend's show. The original host would make a great recruit, and I think a little goodwill will go a long way with her.Thanks again!

cmdtrgd said:
Personally, if someone is THINKING of booking and MIGHT have the show in 6 months, I put them down as a booking. If the show is held, the past host gets the special. If not, oh well.

Same here. If you are a maybe, you get marked as a booking. If it happens within 6 months of the current Host's show, goody for her/him. If it happens at all, goody for me.

It costs us nothing to count any possible future show as a booking.

You might want to see if the original host even wants the host special. She still gets 10% off anything and the host special may not be that appealing.

How does this work?
sfdavis918 said:
Did you enter the other two friends as bookings on the submitted show? If so, then the original host can still get the booking benefit from the friend who does want to host a show. As far as I know HO doesn't look at names, just at number of shows booked on the original show. Then they keep track of the original host and make sure she doesn't get any more monthly host specials than number of bookings from her show. (Sorry that seems a bit confusing, I'm not sure how to explain it better!)[/QUOTE

At one of my shows I had a few outside orderes. The host told me that one of the guests wanted to book a show. I booked a date in PPP under the wrong guest. When I set up the new show, how does home office link the host benefit to the previous host? I have seen in a few threads that HO looks at the # of shows booked on the origional show, not the names. If I don't use the original name, how do I connect it with the show?

....bumping

fikibiff said:
At one of my shows I had a few outside orderes. The host told me that one of the guests wanted to book a show. I booked a date in PPP under the wrong guest. When I set up the new show, how does home office link the host benefit to the previous host? I have seen in a few threads that HO looks at the # of shows booked on the origional show, not the names. If I don't use the original name, how do I connect it with the show?
The bookings go by the number, not tied to the original name. Just be sure that the past host has their past host number on their contact when you add their order & it won't be a problem.

1. What kitchen tool should I use to fix this situation?

The type of tool you need depends on the specific situation. For example, if you need to chop vegetables, a chef's knife would be best. For mixing ingredients, a whisk or spatula would be helpful. It's important to assess the situation and choose the appropriate tool.

2. Can you recommend a recipe to help with this situation?

We have a variety of recipes on our website that can help with different kitchen situations. You can also reach out to our team for personalized recipe recommendations based on your specific needs.

3. How can I prevent this situation from happening again in the future?

Prevention is key in the kitchen! One tip is to read through the entire recipe before starting to ensure you have all the necessary ingredients and tools. It's also helpful to properly measure and prep ingredients before beginning the cooking process.

4. Is there a specific product from Pampered Chef that can help with this situation?

We have a wide range of kitchen products that can assist with various situations. For example, our food chopper can make chopping vegetables easier, and our mixing bowls with non-slip bases can help prevent spills and messes. Our team can also recommend specific products based on your needs.

5. What should I do if I'm not satisfied with the outcome of this situation?

We stand by our products and want to ensure our customers are happy with their purchases. If you are not satisfied with the outcome of a particular situation, please reach out to our customer service team for assistance. They will be happy to help find a solution for you.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kelly8
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
legacypc46
  • kdangel518
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
AJPratt
  • winklermom