• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What to Do? Having Baby on Dec 22Nd

In summary, the author is considering whether or not to take a leave of absence from their job to have a baby, and is considering whether or not to book catalog shows while on leave. They want to become a director by next year, and are looking for ideas and help.
milkangel
i was woundering if i should do a leave for dec and come back in jan because i have no shows lined up for dec or jan yet. i also am running out of contacts for bookings. i know of a few more people to ask but i am buissy this month. so what do you all think? i really want to make it to D World in 2010. never ben there. i am almost to 15000 in sales only have 5000 left to go. ideas? i might try doing a catlog show for the hostpital people when i am there. i need ideas. i want more shows on the books and also to get over 2000 amonth or more but i have a hard time doing getting my goals done. and want to become a director by next dec. for those who made it what is your ideas and goals that has helped you to acheive such goal? I know there are someany more people out there that has not heard of pc but needing to find them and getting there info. i have carred the catlog tote around but no luck with it or wearing the pc logol. my recruiter has not time time any more for pc but she still active and she has no ideas for me. i asked my director for ideas but not what i am looking for so what should i do? my hubby now knows more about pc and is getting more supportive but till lets me do my thing. What should i do? :confused: Want to get higher level for next year. I love what i do and i have so much funn doing it too. i alwaysed loved to bake and cook even before pc and i really want to keep going with it so i need ideas and help. Thanks :eek:

My director had a baby in February and she booked the month just like normal. Then she asked a few of us to take those shows. We did the show and she was able to count it among her commissionable sales. We received a gift from her for doing them and any recruit leads or bookings. It worked out for all involved.

As a back-up her hubby was prepared to do the shows. I'm due in February this coming year, and am doing the same thing. I want to go to Disney, so I can't afford to take any time off!

When you go to have your baby bring with you many catalogs, order forms and January special for host, catalog and host packets also recuting info . hospitals are great ask your nurse if you can put some info at there desk explain that you have great job that lets you stay home with your new little one ect
I am sure you will get orders maybe even a show or two ...

I wouldn't take the whole month off! See what you can do during the first two weeks of the month. You would hate to loose your momentum for a great January!

You also need to try to have an online catalog show for yourself in December as well. You can have yourself as Host or make it a Mystery Host. If you do nothing in December & January, you will go inactive and I know you don't want that if your goal is Disney in 2010! Read some of the threads about maternity leave on here and what other consultants did! Some never missed a beat with sales because they worked it! Good luck!

Each pregnancy for me was different. With my daughter who is four, I joined when she was only 6 months.

I had a show the day before I had my three year old son. And then had a show 3 weeks later!

My last pregnancy I was on bed rest for almost 6 weeks. So I had to do catalog shows to stay active. All of my customers were very understanding and each one made sure they qualified their shows for me. All I had to do was sit at my computer to enter show information. My hosts brought everything to my home.

Depending on your health and your delivery, catalog shows are always a great alternative.

Debbie :chef:

congrats on your new addition!!

I booked catalog shows for May and June when I was due in May. That way I did not have to take a leave of abscence. You will find that when you tell people you need their help for maternity they are more than willing to help you out b/c they understand that, so, make sure to tell them why you need catty shows. I tried to go ahead and book cooking shows for July but I did not have much luck getting people to committ that far ahead of time.

My DD is now 4 months old. She was born in July. I waivered July-August and started a fresh in September.

I started PC in Feb (4 months preggy!), so all my guests knew about the upcoming arrival. When I had Kitty, I sent a newsletter out with her photo saying I was ready to start booking again! I had people specifically ask me to bring Kitty along, which I was more than happy to do!

I also used her birth as a special offer to get one show in (cat shows are not so popular in the uk). She was born on the 12th, so I offered 12% discount on every order placed by the end of the month. I took the hit on commision. ;)

As Debbie said, every pregnancy/baby is different. Book the shows now and see how you feel later. No one will mind if you change the date or have someone cover for you.

Good luck!

I started PC 4 months pregnant with my ds. I also had two little girls at home (3 & 9 months). I've not had to ever do a leave. Get on the phone & make some calls to do a party for some last minute Christmas shopping. Offer some dates for late January. If you need to, you can always reschedule or make them catty shows if you are having trouble still. I would definitely not go the next two months without doing anything if you are wanting Disney! Since you'll be not wanting to make phone calls after the new baby, you probably should get January scheduled now! (Well, everyone should get January scheduled now, but it's not un-doable to do it after Thanksgiving).

1. What are some tips for preparing for a baby due on December 22nd?

Some tips for preparing for a baby due on December 22nd include creating a birth plan, packing your hospital bag early, setting up a support system, and prepping your home for the new arrival.

2. Is there anything special I should know about having a baby during the holiday season?

Having a baby during the holiday season can be challenging, but it can also be a magical time. Be prepared for potential schedule changes and consider celebrating the holidays in a different way to accommodate your new arrival.

3. How can I make sure I have everything I need for the baby before their due date?

To make sure you have everything you need for the baby before their due date, create a baby registry and consult with experienced parents or a baby checklist. Also, stock up on essentials like diapers and wipes in advance.

4. What can I do to make my labor and delivery easier during the busy holiday season?

To make your labor and delivery easier during the busy holiday season, consider hiring a doula or enlisting the help of family and friends. You can also discuss a birth plan with your doctor to make sure it aligns with your holiday plans.

5. How can I celebrate my baby's arrival during the holiday season?

There are many ways to celebrate your baby's arrival during the holiday season, such as hosting a baby shower with a holiday theme, taking holiday-themed newborn photos, or incorporating your baby's name into a holiday decoration. You can also start new family traditions to celebrate your baby's first holiday season.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Sheila
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • ChefJoyJ
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies