• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Urgent Don't Forget - August Deadline Today!

In summary, today is the last day to submit August shows and orders according to the updated policies and procedures. It is recommended to submit early in case of any issues, with the deadline being September 1 for the fall selling season. Discontinued items must be submitted on an August show and the deadline is not printed on August flyers but is on September ones. The deadline for all August orders was announced in the weekly NewsWire and was covered in the August edition of Consultant News. This new policy went into effect starting with the fall 2008 season.
chefann
Gold Member
Today's the last day to submit August shows and orders, in accordance with the updated policies and procedures.

I recommend submitting early in case you encounter problems. That way you still have a chance to call tech support.

Quick question. If I submit an Spetember show today, I assume I can't order a square woven selection (or any other discontinued item), because that would have to have been put on an August show. Is that right? I want to double check for a customer, even though I'm pretty sure it is too late.

Am I losing it?

This new 15th of the month deadline is effective SEPTEMBER 1 ~ meaning our September shows are the first ones to be effected, not August. right?

The new deadline is not printed on the August Host/Guest flyers...but it IS on the September ones.

I thought the updated policies & procedures were effective for the fall selling season, starting with Sept. shows?

AnnieBee said:
Quick question. If I submit an Spetember show today, I assume I can't order a square woven selection (or any other discontinued item), because that would have to have been put on an August show. Is that right? I want to double check for a customer, even though I'm pretty sure it is too late.

The discontinued items have to be submitted on an August show. They can order the square woven selection item, but according to the latest PC Newswire, it has to be submitted by today.

Do you have some orders that could go with hers to make it as a small show? Just make sure you make the date be sometime in August on P3.

AnnieBee said:
That's right. Any of the retired items must be on an August show/August dated order.
Kitchen2u said:
Am I losing it?

This new 15th of the month deadline is effective SEPTEMBER 1 ~ meaning our September shows are the first ones to be effected, not August. right?

The new deadline is not printed on the August Host/Guest flyers...but it IS on the September ones.
There was info in the weekly NewsWire that today is the deadline for all August orders.

Sept. 2 NewsWire:
End of Selling Season

At the end of a selling season, Show orders must be received in the Home Office no later than midnight (CST) on the 15th of the month following the end of the season.

PamperedPartner® Plus users will not be able to transmit Show orders past the deadline date. PamperedPartner® or mailed orders received after the deadline will be adjusted to the current season's prices.

For example: A Show held on February 10, 2009 must be received by midnight (CST) on March 15 to qualify for February host/guest specials, end-of-season pricing.

Show orders that include discontinued products received after the deadline will be refunded or exchanged and Consultant commissions adjusted.

The new deadlines have been updated on page 4 in our Policies and Procedures on Consultant's Corner, and an article appeared on page 16 in the August edition of Consultant News.

But is that a new policy going into affect starting this Sept? Since it mentioned the way it would be affecting Feb. I would think that this selling season is going by the rules that were in affect for it at the beginnning. :confused:

The Feb. dates are just used as an example. Since it was included in the August newsletter (as indicated in the NewsWire text), it was announced before the end of the season.

chefann said:
There was info in the weekly NewsWire that today is the deadline for all August orders.

Sept. 2 NewsWire:

But if you read the Updated Policy and Procedures, it states this new policy is effective with the FALL 2008 season and the example given talks about February shows.

Last edited:
This info was covered in August, in the August 26 NewsWire, and would therefore cover the current season change:
End of Selling SeasonAt the end of a selling season, Show orders must be received in the Home Office no later than midnight (CST) on the 15th of the month following the end of the season.PamperedPartner® Plus users will not be able to transmit Show orders past the deadline date. PamperedPartner® or mailed orders received after the deadline will be adjusted to the current season''s prices. Show orders that include discontinued products received after the deadline will be refunded or exchanged and Consultant commissions adjusted. The new deadlines have been updated on page 4 in our Policies and Procedures on Consultant''s Corner, and an article appeared on page 16 in the August edition of Consultant News.

Thanks Ann, You're right. I went back through my e-mails and found the Aug. 26th addition, and it specifically mentioned this spring season's deadline:

Beginning next Monday, September 1, the following new deadlines will go into effect:

Monthly Host and Guest Specials

To qualify for monthly host/guest specials, Show orders must be received in the Home Office no later than midnight (CST) on the 15th of the following month. PamperedPartner® Plus users will not be able to transmit a Show that includes the previous month's guest and host specials after the 15th of the following month.

PamperedPartner® or mailed orders received after the deadline will be placed on hold. Any monthly specials will be removed, and you will be contacted by the Solution Center.

End of Selling Season

At the end of a selling season, Show orders must be received in the Home Office no later than midnight (CST) on the 15th of the month following the end of the season. So orders for Spring 2008 products must be received by September 15, 2008.
PamperedPartner® Plus users will not be able to transmit Show orders past the deadline date. PamperedPartner® or mailed orders received after the deadline will be adjusted to the current season's prices. Show orders that include discontinued products received after the deadline will be refunded or exchanged and Consultant commissions adjusted. The new deadlines have been updated on page 4 in our Policies and Procedures on Consultant's Corner, and an article appeared on page 16 in the August edition of Consultant News.

babywings76 said:
The discontinued items have to be submitted on an August show. They can order the square woven selection item, but according to the latest PC Newswire, it has to be submitted by today.

Do you have some orders that could go with hers to make it as a small show? Just make sure you make the date be sometime in August on P3.

That's what I thought... Unfortunately I don't have any extra orders right now. I might call her and see if can pull off a very quick cat show, but I know she hosted pretty recently with another consultant...

Thanks for the info,

Annabel

Annabel- you can put it in as an individual order with an August date, but there will be additional shipping associated with that. (Not $4...)

Of course! Thanks, I'll call her right away!

Just got off the phone with HO to make sure I was interpreting the new policy correct. The Updated policy on CC is correct. The new policy is effective Sept 1.

HO answer:

September shows must be submitted by Oct 15.

End of season show submission ~ our FIRST end of season show will be Feb 2009. This new policy if effective with the FALL 2008 selling season, so your FIRST "end-of-season" show will be Feb 2009. Refer to PC Newswire's (dated Sept 2) example given.

So, for the Spring Summer 08 selling season (August shows), we have until Sept 30.

I think that's incorrect. The August 26 NewsWire said:
At the end of a selling season, Show orders must be received in the Home Office no later than midnight (CST) on the 15th of the month following the end of the season. So orders for Spring 2008 products must be received by September 15, 2008.
And I'd hate for people to miss the deadline if they can get them submitted today.

chefann said:
I think that's incorrect. The August 26 NewsWire said:

And I'd hate for people to miss the deadline if they can get them submitted today.

The BOLDED print was not printed in PC NewsWire.

Plus if you read the Updated Policies & Procedures, it specifically states the "end of season" policy is effective with the Fall 2008, not Spring Summer 2008.

I wanted to make sure I was interpreting it correct since I've instructed my entire team.

Kitchen2u said:
The bolded part is not in the version that's on CC, but it's in the one that was sent via email. I save them for just that reason, in case there's a discrepancy.

Kitchen2u said:

I bolded it, but I copied and pasted it directly from the Aug. 26th Newswire. Here's the whole thing again:

New Show Order Submission Policy Begins September 1

Beginning next Monday, September 1, the following new deadlines will go into effect:

Monthly Host and Guest Specials

To qualify for monthly host/guest specials, Show orders must be received in the Home Office no later than midnight (CST) on the 15th of the following month. PamperedPartner® Plus users will not be able to transmit a Show that includes the previous month's guest and host specials after the 15th of the following month.

PamperedPartner® or mailed orders received after the deadline will be placed on hold. Any monthly specials will be removed, and you will be contacted by the Solution Center.

End of Selling Season

PamperedPartner® Plus users will not be able to transmit Show orders past the deadline date. PamperedPartner® or mailed orders received after the deadline will be adjusted to the current season's prices. Show orders that include discontinued products received after the deadline will be refunded or exchanged and Consultant commissions adjusted. The new deadlines have been updated on page 4 in our Policies and Procedures on Consultant's Corner, and an article appeared on page 16 in the August edition of Consultant News.

chefann said:
The bolded part is not in the version that's on CC, but it's in the one that was sent via email. I save them for just that reason, in case there's a discrepancy.

Wow...what a discrepancy...you're right! You would think what we get via email is what would be posted on CC too!

I've got another call in to HO...taking to a supervisor this time, since I talked to 2 Solution Center folks and they told me the same thing twice...I'll update (wait time is an hour though).

Kitchen2u said:
Wow...what a discrepancy...you're right! You would think what we get via email is what would be posted on CC too!

I've got another call in to HO...taking to a supervisor this time, since I talked to 2 Solution Center folks and they told me the same thing twice...I'll update (wait time is an hour though).

I just sent an email to Jean Jonas too...figured that would be the most reliable source, plus, get the answer in writing (unless her asst calls me).

Supervisors are in a meeting...calling me back later (meeting can take up to 2 hours plus whatever calls are ahead of me).

I talked with HO about this very thing this morning. She went and talked witha supervisor when I doubted her answer. When she returned to me she said that while they did send something out about August being due by Sept. 15 they decided to give us until the end of Sept.

Starting with September shows we must have our shows in by the 15th of the following month.

Hi everyone! Okay, I just got off the phone with Janice Jackson (Manager of the Solution Center) ~ she confirmed the following (and the entire floor of the Solution Center has been informed):

August shows do not fall under the Sept 15 deadline, only Sept 08 show...due Oct 15th.

End of Selling Season deadline BEGINS with Feb 09...all Fall/Winter shows must be sumitted by March 15, 2009. If you read the updated policy & procedures, it states "Effective Fall 2008."

I did inform her of the discrepancy of the PCNews Wire Aug 26 edition we received and what is posted on Consultant's Corner...this is why there's confusion out in the field as well as the Solution Center.

Hopes this helps ~ some people may feel less stress to close out parties today!

Last edited:
Thanks for all your help with this! :) I'm glad it's not today, because my host is still debating placing a huge order vs. splitting it up to take advantage of the Nov. stoneware special. Ugg! I also have my cluster meeting tonight, so closing the show tonight means it'll be late, I'll be tired, and then I tend to make mistakes. ;)

babywings76 said:
Thanks for all your help with this! :) I'm glad it's not today, because my host is still debating placing a huge order vs. splitting it up to take advantage of the Nov. stoneware special. Ugg! I also have my cluster meeting tonight, so closing the show tonight means it'll be late, I'll be tired, and then I tend to make mistakes. ;)

I hear ya Amanda! Not prepping for my cluster meeting...but gives us a breather in getting August shows in! \

Good luck with your cluster meeting!

Of course...with the exception of the items below...they had special deadlines:

#2788 Chillizanne Mini Bowl (deadline 8/9/08)
#2151 Woven Rectangle Tray (deadline 8/18/08)
#2655 Towel & Twixit Set (deadline 8/31/08)

Everything else is fair game until September 30...that is if HO doesn't run out!

I juct got another call from HO...Tina Saunders (not sure if I caught her correct last night, but I have her phone #!). Tina also confirmed the same info I posted Janice Jackson told me...Tina's the Manager in Career Solutions.

YEAH...we've got to managers agreeing!!! LOL:D

I just got another call from HO...Tina Saunders (not sure if I caught her correct last night, but I have her phone #!). Tina also confirmed the same info I posted Janice Jackson confirmed with me...Tina's the Manager in Career Solutions.

YEAH...we've got 2 managers agreeing!!! LOL:D

1. What is the deadline for submitting August shows and orders?

The deadline for submitting August shows and orders is today, according to the updated policies and procedures.

2. What happens if I miss the August deadline?

If you miss the August deadline, your shows and orders may not be processed in a timely manner and you may encounter problems with your submission. It is recommended to submit early to avoid any potential issues.

3. Can I still submit my shows and orders after the August deadline?

While it is not recommended, you may still submit your shows and orders after the August deadline. However, there is no guarantee that they will be processed in time. It is best to adhere to the deadline to ensure timely processing.

4. What if I encounter technical difficulties while submitting my shows and orders?

If you encounter technical difficulties while submitting your shows and orders, it is recommended to call tech support for assistance. Submitting early will give you more time to address any issues that may arise.

5. Is there a grace period for the August deadline?

No, there is no grace period for the August deadline. It is important to submit your shows and orders by the specified deadline to ensure timely processing and avoid any potential problems.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedpals
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • chefannie
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
heat123
  • chefann