• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Donating a Gift Basket for a Golf Tournament: Best Place to Order & Budget Tips

In summary, the best place to order items for a gold tournament basket is to inquire with the tourney organizers where the average value of their gift baskets are. Then use that to determine the retail value of the basket.
jesikaransom
Good Morning All!! I am donating a basket for a gold tourney here in my home town. My question is where is the best place for us to order out stuff from. My husband is a past host, do I make it a supply order, or a personal order?

Also how much would you spend? I was thinking 50.

I Have never done this before and want to get my name out there.

Thanks for all your help!

Depending on how quick you need to make the basket, can you put together a catalog show under your name? This way you could use the free product and 1/2 price items to buy the stuff for your basket. Or if a current host does not want to use the host monthly special, you could buy the product and use that. You could do a supply order or personal order, but then not get commission. I would see what you want to order, then see what way is cheaper.
When I did this, I had a large bamboo bowl I got as a host special and filled it with a SBCB, paring knife, rubs, bamboo spatula set, bamboo dish towel and wrapped it up with an extra PC apron I had. Just remember to have your information on it.

Well, officially, anything you order for personal use or advertising (which a donation like that would be) etc. should be on supply or personal order. What you are ordering would determine whether it's a personal (products) or a supply order.

That being said, if you submit an individual order using your husband's name, you will get his Past Host Discount, and it will also count toward your commissionable sales, which means you're get commission, trip points, credit toward SAT etc.

As for how much, I would inquire with the tourney what the average value of their gift baskets are. Then use that to determine what the retail value of your basket should be. Make sure you include something to entice a future order like a discount coupon or a Gift Certificate of $25 redeemable through you, or something similar.

I agree with the gift certificate. That way you get to meet with the winner and have a future contact. If you donate items, you sometimes don't know anything about the winner.

Also be aware that since your husband shares your address you might not be able to order in his name, either. It might slip through, but . . .

Thank you all for your words. I am going to sleep on this. I am going to put a Gift Cert in there. That is a great idea I did not think of. Thanks again!

1. What is the process for requesting a gift basket donation from Pampered Chef?

To request a gift basket donation from Pampered Chef, you can submit a request online through our donation request form. Please make sure to include the name of your organization, the date of your event, and any other relevant details.

2. How far in advance should we submit a request for a gift basket donation?

We recommend submitting your request at least 4-6 weeks in advance to allow for processing and shipping time. However, we understand that some events may come up last minute and we will do our best to accommodate those requests.

3. What items are typically included in a Pampered Chef gift basket?

Our gift baskets usually include a variety of our popular kitchen tools and products, such as our stoneware, cookware, and gadgets. We may also include recipe books or other items depending on availability.

4. Are there any eligibility requirements for receiving a gift basket donation?

We prioritize requests from non-profit organizations and events that align with our mission to bring families together through cooking and sharing meals. We also consider the size and location of the event, as well as our current donation budget.

5. Can we request a specific theme or type of gift basket for our event?

While we cannot guarantee specific themes or products for every gift basket donation, we are happy to work with you to accommodate any special requests or themes that align with your event. Please mention any specific requests in your donation request form.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
lt1jane
  • chefkacey
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • pchefinski
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies