• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Doing a show for the parent of a student!!!

ChefMary412

Advanced Member
Mar 28, 2008
I did a show for a coworker a month ago and got a booking from a lady... but she is the parent of one of my students that I teach now! I am not too nervous about it now, but assume I will be this evening. Does anyone have advice?

pamperedpals

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2007
Be yourself and all will be good!

lesliec

Veteran Member
Mar 31, 2010
Don't be too nervous. The school year is almost over. You are both adults, just be professional and have a great time. It may even be the start of a wonderful new friendship.

straitfan

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Jul 31, 2006
I've done a show with the parent of one of my students (it was a couple of weeks after school was out last year.) The show was kind of a flop attendance wise, but she's been a wonderful repeat customer. Just relax and be yourself. It's NOT like parent teacher conferences! LOL! Besides that...she'll get to see just what a great "teacher" you are. I always say the "job" isn't much of a stretch for me....."standing up in front of someone and teaching them how to do something" is just another day at the office for me!!

beckyjsmith

Jul 20, 2008
I've done several shows ( now ) for parents of my students. It is always fine. We will talk school for a bit sometimes but mostly PC. I am sure you will have a great show!
And if ya think about it.. she may be as nervous as you.

Intrepid_Chef

Legend Member
Silver Member
Nov 6, 2007
I'm not a teacher, but I have done shows for people who are my professional contacts in my normal job .... including my June 5 show with a township trustee I interviewed. One of my best shows was through another area trustee who has become a customer and sort of a friend, and my best show EVER was from somebody who I've talked to for stories as well.

Just be yourself ... they booked with you because they like you!

When I do a show where people are likely to recognize me from the paper, I simply explain that I have a "day" job at the paper, and as everyone might realize, journalism doesn't pay very well, so I needed a backup plan! I'm sure the same can be said for teaching!

RMDave

Advanced Member
Gold Member
Dec 3, 2009
In case nobody suggested it already, just be yourself.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
esavvymom
Replies
Views
Casandra Crane
Replies
Views
scottcooks
Replies
Views