• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Does Worcestershire Sauce Need Refrigerated?

I have never refrigerated my soy sauce and it's always been fine. Soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce are two different things. My soy sauce has soybeans in it and Worcestershire sauce has anchovies.
janezapchef
Gold Member
Anyone know? I'm clueless about sauces that do/don't need to be refrigerated.

I don't know if it has to be, but we do. We don't use it fast enough to store it on the shelf.

We refrigerate ours once opened, but I tend to "refrigerate when in doubt".

I'm 90% certain it should be refrigerated.

My bottle doesn't say anywhere to refrigerate after opening. My guess is that there's enough salt in it that it won't go bad quickly.

I have never refrigerated mine, and it's always been fine. But, most of the time that I use it, I use it in something that is being baked or grilled.

I don't refrigerate mine, and it's been in my pantry for ages.

Ditto Ann :).

Thanks everyone!

I don't refrigerate mine either. :)

Ditto Ann and Annie...Mom never did, I never have...never gotten sick either...

I don't refrigerate it either.

Interesting - I've always refrigerated mine, but now I'm thinking I don't have to, and can free up some valuable refrigerator real estate!

What about Soy Sauce? Would that be the same thing?

So many of those condiments have so much vinegar and salt that they're perfectly fine in the cupboard unless they specifically state to refrigerate. Heck, I didn't even keep ketchup in the fridge until this last bottle I bought indicated "refrigerate after opening" on the label.

ChefBeckyD said:
Interesting - I've always refrigerated mine, but now I'm thinking I don't have to, and can free up some valuable refrigerator real estate!

What about Soy Sauce? Would that be the same thing?

never refrigerated soy sauce either

Becky, my soy sauce is in the cupboard, too. Right next to the Worchestershire, actually.

chefann said:
Becky, my soy sauce is in the cupboard, too. Right next to the Worchestershire, actually.

mine are hanging out together too :)

I have always refriged mine. I have never thought about it though. My mom does and I followed her.

I have one in the fridge and one in the pantry next to my soy sauce
depends on who uses it as to where it goes

Recently I couldn't find my soy sauce in the pantry, so I looked in the fridge and there it was. So, I read the label and discovered "refrigerate after opening". Well, for 30+ years I have been storing it unrefrigerated. I tried refrigerating it after reading the label, but, honestly, I prefer it unrefrigerated.

I never would have given it a thought to NOT refrigerate it. I've been doing it for 35 years, and my mom did before me. I suppose I should read labels more often.

No, Worcestershire sauce does not have to be refrigerated. However, it is a good idea to refrigerate it after opening because the flavor will last longer.

1. Can Worcestershire sauce be left out of the refrigerator?

No, Worcestershire sauce should be refrigerated after opening. This is to maintain its quality and prevent bacterial growth.

2. How long can Worcestershire sauce be left out before it needs to be refrigerated?

It is recommended to refrigerate Worcestershire sauce after opening and use it within 3 months. However, it should not be left out at room temperature for more than 2 hours.

3. What happens if Worcestershire sauce is not refrigerated?

If Worcestershire sauce is not refrigerated, it can spoil and develop a sour or off flavor. It may also become unsafe to consume if left out for an extended period of time.

4. Can I store Worcestershire sauce in the pantry instead of the refrigerator?

It is not recommended to store Worcestershire sauce in the pantry. It should be stored in the refrigerator after opening to maintain its quality and prevent bacterial growth.

5. Do I need to refrigerate Worcestershire sauce if it has not been opened?

No, unopened Worcestershire sauce does not need to be refrigerated. However, it is recommended to store it in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kam
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
baychef
  • kam
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
chefann
  • straitfan