• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Question About Molten Lava Cake in Dcb

In summary, the conversation discusses making a molten lava cake using any type of chocolate, the need for greasing the Deep Covered Baker, how to know when the cake is done, making the cake ahead of time, and using the microwave instead of the oven. It is recommended to use high-quality chocolate for the best results and the cake is done when the edges are set and the middle is still slightly jiggly. The Deep Covered Baker does not require greasing and the natural oils from the ingredients will prevent sticking. The cake can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator, but it is best to bake and serve immediately for the gooey lava center. The microwave can also be used to make the cake, but the baking
jgoris1
I just made a MLC in my DCB and there is a ton left over (it was a trial run for 3 people just to use my DCB for the first time). I want to know how to store it now that there is so much. Does this need to be refrigerated (I figure it does, but want to be sure). Also does it heat up well?

yes, I store mine in the fridge
yes, it reheats well

Why the fridge? Its just like a cake, right?

Sandi

That's what I was wondering that it's just like cake? But if it does indeed reheat well after being refrigerated then I might just do it that way, unless someone has done it without refrigerator (Lord knows I don't need to take any more room in it with all the Xmas stuff!)

No need to refrigerate it, there's no fresh dairy in it. I just cover mine with the lid and reheat each serving (for 10-30 seconds) individually later. Enjoy! :)

I don't refrigerate mine either. I just leave the lid on & when we want a piece we warm it in the microwave.

I too leave mine on the counter. Invariably, every morning when I get up, there's no cake left.

1. Can I use other types of chocolate for the molten lava cake?

Yes, you can use any type of chocolate that you prefer. However, using high-quality chocolate will give you the best results.

2. Do I need to grease the Deep Covered Baker before baking the molten lava cake?

No, the Deep Covered Baker is made of stoneware and does not require greasing. The natural oils from the ingredients will prevent the cake from sticking.

3. How do I know when the molten lava cake is done?

The cake is done when the edges are set and the middle is still slightly jiggly. You can also insert a toothpick in the center, and it should come out clean.

4. Can I make the molten lava cake ahead of time?

Yes, you can prep the cake ahead of time and keep it in the refrigerator until ready to bake. However, it is best to bake and serve the cake immediately for the gooey lava center.

5. Can I make the molten lava cake in the microwave instead of the oven?

Yes, you can make the molten lava cake in the microwave using the same ingredients and steps. However, the baking time will be shorter, so keep an eye on the cake to prevent overcooking.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PamperedChefLayla
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Lifeat50
  • chefnene
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Rhonda-Roo
  • gailz2