• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Does Anyone Use a Laptop for the Show Checkout?

In summary, many Pampered Chef consultants use laptops during their cooking shows for easier and faster checkouts. They are able to enter guest information, orders, and payments directly into P3, which helps with calculating awards and avoiding mistakes. Some consultants also use their laptops for PC work and file sharing at home. To merge information between multiple computers, it is recommended to back up P3 on a thumb drive and restore it on the other computer. Some consultants also use netbooks for their shows, but there are concerns about making the job look duplicatable and not wanting to lug in extra equipment. Overall, using a laptop at shows is preferred for its efficiency and convenience.
ChefKevin
I was thinking about using my laptop during check out at the cooking shows and was curious if anyone else does this. It seems it would be nice to type everything in to P3 which totals everything and calculates the awards for you instead of you having to do it on a calculator.

Does anyone use P3 on more then one computer? If so are you constantly merging the content?

Thanks, just curious.

Yes, I use a laptop at my shows. But i also do all my pc work on the laptop. I love taking it to shows it gets the job done fast.

I also take my laptop- but it is also my only computer that I use...so can't help you with regards to merging content.BUt I love taking it to shows- it makes the process go faster, for sure. I enter the guest's name (and I enter the address later when I'm rechecking everything), then their items and payment. It is SOOOO much easier- especially when you start mixing Pantry items and the special Food Tax into the mix.

I just started doing this- WAY quicker for me to do the full service check out :). LOVE IT!

Yes, I as well take my laptop to cooking shows. I LOVE having it with me as I can enter everything right there, have an exact amount, look up item numbers and before I leave I can tell my host exactly where he/she is and what is needed to go to the next level. I only use P3 on my laptop so I don't know about merging it with my desktop. I do file share at home so that even if I am on my laptop or on my desktop I can get to my Pampered Chef files (OOF, Specials, recipes, invites, blah blah blah.) Hope this helps.

I take mine and I love it. Less mistakes with totaling what they bought. I have even taken it to booths. While I don't have it on, most people are willing to wait while I get P3 up.

tina

I take mine with me to shows. While there, I enter just the guest's name, then go on to their order (saves a bit of time at the show). I enter the rest of their info once I'm home. Putting everything in makes sure I don't miss things, and that I get the math right for taxes and Round-up. I review everything once I'm adding in the address, phone number, etc at home, to double-check myself.

As to how to merge info, back up P3 from your desktop to a thumb drive, and restore from that to the laptop. Once you're done on the laptop, back that up, and then restore from the backup to the desktop. It works well :)

I actually have made it a habit to just back up to the thumb drive anytime I'm in P3, so what ever is on the thumb drive is the most current, and then restore from that to whatever machine I'm working on next.

I do take mint to the shows it is faster and I don't do math very well so I don't have to worry. The host always asks me what her total is after the show so I have a goal for her to reach at the end of the show.. I also have music set so as guests are coming in to the seating area I have the music playing.

I use my laptop at shows and all the time. I am wireless at home so that works best. I like using P3 on one computer.. and the ease of taking it to shows, booths and even out of town..... I am SPOILED!! Love it! Always ready and handy.

what about the little netbooks?

Oh my, good question! I was curious about the same thing, I asked at my cluster meeting, but some there still did the old fashioned way and that scared me a little bit since I haven't entered anything or hosted any shows yet.

i haven't yet, but i think i am going to start taking mine with. i have now done two shows without and it took forever! to figure everything by hand and then at the end to figure out the total and give the host the info so she would know what she woudl get and stuff. so laptop for me from here on out!

I just bought a laptop and considered taking it to shows. I know it would make totaling shows easier. But, I hate the thought of having to lug in one more thing.

Also, I want to make my job look easy and "duplicatable". If my host sees that I'm using a laptop, she may think that it's a requirement for a consultant, and subconsciously decide that it's something she couldn't do.

I take my laptop to all my shows and some booths. I save on a thumb drive and continue to update on the laptop and my pc. That way I have an updated version either place I am working; but I mostly use my laptop as I now have a printer for it.

These are all great replies and I am glad people find it easy to use their laptop at the show. I am going to start using mine at my next cooking show. It does seem it would simplify the process.

Thanks for the feedback and I wish everyone much success.

Just started when I finally got the laptop...love it!!! I enter in the guests names either off of the website RSVP or off of the Guest List confirmed by the hostess. Real time saver...

cewcooks said:
I do take mint to the shows it is faster and I don't do math very well so I don't have to worry. The host always asks me what her total is after the show so I have a goal for her to reach at the end of the show.. I also have music set so as guests are coming in to the seating area I have the music playing.

That's a neat idea with the music! What do you usually have playing??

I also take mine to shows. Mine has been very slow lately I think I need to clean it up some. Something is slowing it down.
But I do like the fact that it totals everything and I know that the correct amount is going in for a product and I won't be shorting myself.

Kelly V.

Thanks again for the feedback. I am sold. Now taking my Lappy to the shows.

My desk top is slowing down - I'm thinking about getting a laptop instead. The thing that scares me is all of my co-workers who have laptops have had to have them fixed or replaced after only a year or two! I've had my desktop almost 4 years!

I take my laptop to all my shows. I tell my guests to place their completed orders in a stack & then go back to talking and visiting with their friends. I pull from the bottom & once everything is entered, I call their name to come & sit down for the full checkout. That way I already have everything in front of me & I can look them in the eye to ask them questions instead of trying to ask them if they want to start their own business while entering item numbers. Also it prevents a long checkout line from forming.

I *only* use my laptop for everything PC, at home and shows. I can't imagine not doing it this way!! I do like the idea of having the orders in a stack and calling them back up one by one after I enter everything. Thanks Kristina; I will try that next time. :)

I suggest that if you are going to be constantly using 2 different computers to do your data entry that you actually put your P3 program on a jump drive and do your backups to your hard drive. That way, the most current data is always the one you are using. It might alleviate accidentally overriding data on one computer that's not on another computer. It will also save you a LOT of time not having to merge the info each time you switch computers. ;)Having your P3 program on a jump drive is also a good idea for people who don't have a computer at all & will be borrowing computers from friends, family, the library, etc.

jackieblue said:
Thanks Kristina; I will try that next time. :)

you're welcome jackie! being a new consultant i was all stressed out trying to enter things in quickly and having a checkout line form putting even more pressure on me. i'm much more relaxed now that i've been doing it this way and the guests get to hang out more, which is why they came to the party in the first place! =)

I also use my laptop at my shows. I enter in the guest's names and addresses from the invite list my host send's me. If the guest doesn't show up I just delete their name.

Netbooks work great for this, too! I don't have either, but my son has a laptop and my husband has a netbook...and I've taken both to shows! It makes checkout so much easier.

pampchefrhondab said:
My desk top is slowing down - I'm thinking about getting a laptop instead. The thing that scares me is all of my co-workers who have laptops have had to have them fixed or replaced after only a year or two! I've had my desktop almost 4 years!

That's why I have a Mac laptop- had it for 5 years. I strongly recommend Mac

pamperedpals said:
I also use my laptop at my shows. I enter in the guest's names and addresses from the invite list my host send's me. If the guest doesn't show up I just delete their name.

This is a great tip... I will try doing this to save time. Thanks

ChefKevin said:
This is a great tip... I will try doing this to save time. Thanks

That is a great idea!

1. Can I use my own personal laptop for the show checkout?

Yes, you can use your own personal laptop for the show checkout. However, we recommend using a Pampered Chef approved laptop to ensure compatibility with our software and for a smoother checkout process.

2. Is there a specific brand or model of laptop that is required for the show checkout?

No, there is no specific brand or model of laptop that is required. As long as the laptop meets the minimum system requirements and has a reliable internet connection, it should work for the show checkout.

3. Do I need to download any special software or programs for the show checkout?

Yes, you will need to download the Pampered Chef Show Checkout software onto your laptop before the show. This can be found on our website or through your consultant dashboard.

4. Can I use a tablet or mobile device instead of a laptop for the show checkout?

No, we do not recommend using a tablet or mobile device for the show checkout. Our software is designed to work best on a laptop and may not function properly on other devices.

5. Will there be technical support available during the show checkout?

Yes, our technical support team will be available during the show checkout to assist with any issues or questions you may have. You can reach them through our customer service hotline or by submitting a support ticket through your consultant dashboard.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jillmami
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
scottcooks
  • mmilus
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • pchef_Christy